All eyes on King James | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All eyes on King James

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
LeBron James was sitting at his locker stall before a game last month when he was asked if he remembered having played pickup basketball as a high school kid against Michael Jordan during the former NBA legend's comeback camp in Chicago five years ago.

"Yeah," James said with a chuckle. "It was, uh, very ... intimidating."
Funny how much things can change in five years. These days James isn't afraid of anything. The 6-foot-8 Cavs forward is riding high, leading his team to the playoffs, where they haven't been since 1998, and making a late bid for MVP honors.

When the first round of the 2005-06 NBA playoffs tip off this weekend, James will take center stage like, perhaps, no player since Jordan. Forget the Pistons or the Spurs or the Heat or even the Clippers. For the first round at least, all eyes will be on "the King" as he makes his postseason debut in Cleveland.

Everybody will be anxious to see if James is ready to take the next step in his career. He already has won Rookie of the Year ('04) and All-Star Game MVP ('06). But until the 21-year-old phenom wins championships, he won't completely be in the class with the all-time greats such as Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/marty_burns/04/18/lebron.playoffs/index.html

Nope he's not ready. Doesn't have the team and he can't do it by himself in the playoffs,may work in the regular season but not in the playoffs.

Heres the thing what if he wins it all...carries his team at the age of 21 that would be something

MARINO1384 said:
Nope he's not ready. Doesn't have the team and he can't do it by himself in the playoffs,may work in the regular season but not in the playoffs.

Are you talking about Vince or lebron?

:sidelol:

Just kidding..just messing wit ya!:wink:

MARINO1384 said:

Well that will be his downfall, he's surrounded by several stiffs in Cleveland including Larry Hughes who is a severley over rated player. If people are going to hate Lebron then so be it, it will be like early Michael all over again. Lebron is an incredible talent, who will win many NBA championships before he's done. He's a great athlete and a terrific player right now, an MVP candidate and someone i'd take on my team over a number of players any day. Keep hating Bron Bron haters, because in a few years time you'll be SEARCHING for reasons to hate him.

see he's got plenty of jock riders lmao i'll neverr understand how cats ride the jock of a player thats not even on there team seems pretty gay to me

kobe's got a bunch of those kinda stans too that root for him not the lakers but

mj had the most jockriders by far lol when he left they all left the bulls too lol

RedHotCulpepper said:
Well that will be his downfall, he's surrounded by several stiffs in Cleveland
I know riight signing Damon Jones, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall etc had me thinking Cleveland will be bottom feeders forever and then when they traded for Flip Murray, I knew they would tank but LeBron led thim to the promised land (the playoffs) oh and those stiffs are undefeated without bron

Section126 said:
Are you talking about Vince or lebron?

:sidelol:

Just kidding..just messing wit ya!:wink:

lol. lebron.haha it'd be cool if he lead his team but as strong as his game is now it's basically impossible to lead a team by yourself.

Back
Top Bottom