All Fans Read This! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Fans Read This!

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Hey BBI posters -

I just want to let anyone and everyone know that the so called "invasion" is in no way helping my message boards (if you really care) I have received numerous emails, PMs, and there are a few posts that say that they are tired of surfing through the countless, mindless posts only to find news, or just regular Dolphin talk.

Whatever purpose the so called "invasion" has, I really don't care. It’s becoming annoying, and makes my job on the site much more difficult than it needs to be. Furthermore, you are discouraging new Dolphin members from staying with the boards. Which really sucks because I am attempting to advertise the site in order to make it larger, perhaps someday as large as this board.

Talk to Rick, get his point of view. He will tell you that it’s discouraging when you try to advertise your site, only to receive an email from a new member that says they will come back at a later time or never.

The FinHeaven & Co Forums are a Dolphins forum... not an AFC East forum, or a NFL forum. Furthermore, it is DEFINITLY not a Buffalo Bills forum. The forums are for Dolphin fans... and the occasional other fan. Look at these boards, sure there are a few Dolphin fans... that post once in a while... but I don't see a ton of Jets, Patriots, or Dolphin fans here... why? Because this is a Bills forum!

So please, this may seems stupid, please leave FinHeaven & Co. You may think its funny to post there, or some of the posters are hilarious (and some are) but when the site starts to lose TRUE DOLPHIN FANS, I must try to make the forums what they once were... a true Dolphins forum. Perhaps when we break the 1,000 member record, you guys can come back over... until then, I must ask you guys to leave the board temporarily.

Thank you... best of luck to this site and your team (seriously, I want the old 90's rival back! )

Sincerely,
Andrew
Webmaster/Founder

I just want to add, that the most important thing to us is our faithfull Dolphin fans, and the e mails we have received lately are obviously being taken to heart.

Please give us some time, and remain here. We try to work harder than any other Phin site in the world, and I hope you will see that.

P.S. Gaz, I mean it man...don't go, or I will have to come find you, and drag you back kicking and screaming. ;) :D

That was really really nice speech man I love Dulphnins fans.The 90's "rivalry" you mentioned dude is reliving on this board but you complain about Bills fans being on this board for some friendly trash talk.Hey were NFL fans just you like you guys and have no right to tell us Bills fans where to post and where not to post.

You guys are doing...

Originally posted by dolfan87
I just want to add, that the most important thing to us is our faithfull Dolphin fans, and the e mails we have received lately are obviously being taken to heart.

Please give us some time, and remain here. We try to work harder than any other Phin site in the world, and I hope you will see that.

P.S. Gaz, I mean it man...don't go, or I will have to come find you, and drag you back kicking and screaming. ;) :D

... a GREAT JOB, it's never easy having to make the tough decisions as an Admin. You have my support, this is a Miami Dolphins MBoard as you say and I'm glad you hold that to such a high standard, some MBoards don't.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Brian H
That was really really nice speech man I love Dulphnins fans.The 90's "rivalry" you mentioned dude is reliving on this board but you complain about Bills fans being on this board for some friendly trash talk.Hey were NFL fans just you like you guys and have no right to tell us Bills fans where to post and where not to post.
excuse me, but this is not my board or your board, it is truly AJ and '87s board. So they have every right.

They have no right preventing you from posting, but every preventing you from posting here, if need be.

Stick to football, please :rolleyes:

AJ great job! I don't know how many ever went but did you see what happend to the forum on the Jet's official site? It turned in to a joke due to similar circumstances, but no one stood up and booted the morons that were ruining it. They ended up pulling the plug on the whole deal. So kudos to you AJ. It is a shame though because a heated debate with an insightfull fan of a rival makes the off season move quicker, but obviously most can't keep it cival. I for one was enjoying the rivalry with LOG, but i will gladly bid him farewell if it means our site can have order again.

whatever site i'm involved with

and now finheaven more than any, i will defend it till.................!
sometimes you didn't even need to read a post from these clowns, their screen names said it all! because of those stupid screen names, i think a lot of this could have been avoided if those guys were banned from the very beginning, this is a privately owned dolphin site and the owner can do what he wants!
also i received several emails as to the problem at hand, one member even asked for my email because he was afraid it would be read if he sent a PM, alas, i don't think he'll be back, he was too mad!:(

Re: whatever site i'm involved with

Originally posted by dolfan06
and now finheaven more than any, i will defend it till.................!
sometimes you didn't even need to read a post from these clowns, their screen names said it all! because of those stupid screen names, i think a lot of this could have been avoided if those guys were banned from the very beginning, this is a privately owned dolphin site and the owner can do what he wants!
also i received several emails as to the problem at hand, one member even asked for my email because he was afraid it would be read if he sent a PM, alas, i don't think he'll be back, he was too mad!:(

I don't agree with you very often 06, but the first sentence is the truth.....I lose all respect for anyone who has/or is considering leaving these boards because of this idiot invasion.......Defend what's yours! Don't turn tail and run...... You are like the fans who sit home during the play -offs? Same mentality......

When the going gets tough, the tough Dolphin fans.................leave?:confused: :rolleyes:

:yell: Butch up!

Sometimes it isn't so much that they are turning tail and leaving, it's that they just don't care to deal with it. I understand some of our fans are very busy, and simply don't care too, or don't have the time too read through a bunch of posts by fans of another team.

They come here for their Miami Dolphin news, and will simply go elsewhere if this site is too cluttered.

There are several fans of other teams who, when added one at a time (Chopps, Slaine, Billsfan ect ect)and bring nothing but the best intentions are a very welcome. The problem becomes when a website such as the BBI, does this in an organized fashion.

They post on their own forums, "hey join me at Fin Heaven, and let's give them some smack" so in they come like a plague of locust.

It's immature, and not something we ask for. We don't head over there in mass and start messing with their boards.

I hope that the people who got tired of the garbage return, and understand that we as adminstrators do what we feel is the best thing at the time. In this case, we should have nipped it in the bud.

Many, many apologies from both A.J. and myself for not taking stronger action sooner. It won't happen again.

thanks inFINS!. smack is one thing, but when somebody gets down and dirty, i'll do the same!
smack is one thing when it is in the Smack forum so that Dolphans can get all the Fin news/talk they want in the Fins forum, interrupted ;)

i know this.......

Originally posted by dolphan39
smack is one thing when it is in the Smack forum so that Dolphans can get all the Fin news/talk they want in the Fins forum, uninterrupted ;)
but sometimes the very screen names these guys came up with were very offensive. the name more than brought up smack no matter where they posted!

Re: i know this.......

but sometimes the very screen names these guys came up with were very offensive. the name more than brought up smack no matter where they posted!
not to mention some of the avatars and titles :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom