All In With Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I liked this draft. It was an Adam Gase draft. They got him the pieces to operate his offense the way he wants it. And for that reason, its a scary draft for Gase. Not only did he get the pieces and the culture fit he was looking for, but he doubled down on Tannehill. That means Gase's fate, as well as the rest of the FO, is now tied to Tannehill.

I am kind of surprised that they didn't make a move for a developmental QB in the mid-rounds considering the lack of depth at the QB position and the fact that Tannehill will have not played for well over a year by the time he steps on the field in 2018. To expect him to pick up right where he left off is a lot to ask. I'd expect a few games of getting a feel for playing football again and gaining security in his knee.

While he was playing his best ball under Gase before injury, he is still very much a mystery going into his 7th year in the league, which is HIGHLY unusual. Yet, Gase must be convinced because he is staking his football life on it.

The fact they never picked up any QB in this draft also points to their pre-draft interest in a QB being very much a smokescreen. That ploy paid off by pushing a bluechip prospect to them.

I just can't get over how much is riding on Tannehill now though. He has the fate of the entire front office and coaching staff on his repaired knee right now. Let's see if it pays off.

Last edited by a moderator:
5noHKsb.jpg

Most understood Tannehill wasn't going anywhere. Most understood this FO and CS were already all in and jobs tied to Tannehill.

I'm fine with that, but it better work out or they can all **** off after next year. Anything less than a playoff win or a VERY close playoff loss and it's time to move on from all of them.

That whole argument about "if Tannehill goes down this year our season is done for and everyone is going to get fired" seems to me to be a reaction by those that were disappointed we didn't draft a QB. You can say that about 90% of the teams in the league. Of course your season is going to suffer if your starting QB is injured - this is nothing new. However, the surgery Tannehill is coming back from has a high level of success at his position these days so his danger of experiencing a season ending injury is not significantly greater than any other starting QB.

That whole argument about "if Tannehill goes down this year our season is done for and everyone is going to get fired" seems to me to be a reaction by those that were disappointed we didn't draft a QB. You can say that about 90% of the teams in the league. Of course your season is going to suffer if your starting QB is injured - this is nothing new. However, the surgery Tannehill is coming back from has a high level of success at his position these days so his danger of experiencing a season ending injury is not significantly greater than any other starting QB.

Let's be honest, if Tannehill suffers another season ending injury, unless it's a story like Carson Wentz this year, Miami will be heavily exploring other options at QB, and likely with a new coaching staff and front office.

Great post.

I couldn't be happier with this draft and with my QB.

We have such a diverse set of skill position players. From Gesicki to Grant.

In a perfect world we could've bolstered the interior DL and OL but next years draft should be fun for us lineman fans.

Their jobs aren't tied to Tannehill, they're tied to the other bums that were on their roster and the subsequent replacement. We have not had an NFL quality offensive line in a decade. We fixed 3/5 of it but still have question marks at RG and Juwan James is garbage IMO. totally inconsistent, gets beat across his face of pushed back into the pocket all the time on 3rd and "we have to pass", he's bad. Bad first round pick, just like Jonathan Martin, just like pouncey, just like every linemen we've drafted save for Tunsil, who I think will play much better with an actual NFL LG next to him.

Our WR's are overrated and have been horrid. Stills has been the most productive and he still isn't a true number one WR. Landry was a good, not great, football player but as a WR he couldn't separate, dropped easy passes more than he should have, allegedly couldn't grasp the playbook, and seemed to always been jawing with the other team and getting stupid penalties. For a 15 mil plus price tag? BYE BYE. Parker has flashed but he's soft, has poor body control and can't stay on the field. This year he's on the hot seat. Who else has RT17 had? never had a TE. Mike Wallace? over paid, one trick pony that could only run screens and flys. Bess? out of the league, not NFL caliber WR. Brain "chest catcher" Hartline? RT17 made him look like a stud and he's out of the league or buried on a depth chart. Who else? A 30 something amendola is literally the best WR we will have on the field since Brandon Marshall.

The defense was a wreck. No LBERS. Literally none of NFL starter caliber save for Alonso, two games or so of Rey Maluga, and a shadow of Timmons. This has been a problem since Dansby came to camp out of shape and we picked up that former raider OLB that is probably out of the league now. Big misses on draft picks like Jason Allen, Jamar Fletcher, Dion Jordan...traded away the best DB in Davis because Joe Philbin...Odrick? I mean really, count the extreme misses we've had pre Gase and it's a wonder how we aren't fighting the browns for 1st pick every year.

So far, I like what I'm seeing. Raekwon comes back. I think he's going to be very good. Quinn is solid, our DB group is pretty phenomenal IMO and we added an actual FS. We finally drafted a decent looking TE. We finally addressed the guard position. I'm a fan of everything we've done so far.

As far as mistake Gase has made, Cutler and not drafting a back up prior to RT17 getting hurt because we know Moore is garbage. I didn't like the Harris pick but we will see. I don't like the Caroo trade fiasco. Devante Parker looks like a bust unless he can get it together.

The one problem they don't have, Quarterback.

No, you can't. 90% of the teams in the league aren't relying on a still waiting to reach his potential QB who has been knocked out of two consecutive seasons due to serious injury. Further, 90% of the good teams are proactive in preparing for the future at the most important position in football, hence the Steelers grabbing Rudolph despite having a very good, albeit rapey, starting QB; or the Pats almost every year.

I'm fine with that, but it better work out or they can all **** off after next year. Anything less than a playoff win or a VERY close playoff loss and it's time to move on from all of them.

Makes ZERO sense. What rookie would have stepped in and just tore it up and what would have been the cost to get him? Rosen was the most "NFL ready" but he doesn't have the same kind of arm and is a good hit away from scrambled eggs for brains. I think they should have gotten a guy like Faulk or one of the other developmental guys because we know what Brock is but realistically he'd be just as good as a rookie asked to start in year one.

No, you can't. 90% of the teams in the league aren't relying on a still waiting to reach his potential QB who has been knocked out of two consecutive seasons due to serious injury. Further, 90% of the good teams are proactive in preparing for the future at the most important position in football, hence the Steelers grabbing Rudolph despite having a very good, albeit rapey, starting QB; or the Pats almost every year.

Roethlisberger is entering his 15th season. Drafting a potential QB of the future makes sense.

Pats draft plenty of QBs that don't amount to anything, Is that your plan?

I’m glad we don’t have a backup that can win 6 meaningless games. It’s TH or bust. If TH goes down, tank the season and get a QB high.

Back
Top Bottom