All In With Tannehill | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

they all started fast
You do know you just explained recent history, like Sparano recent history. Rookie HC leads team to PO appearance only to watch his QB "the most accurate QB in history" get laughed at twice by Baltimore in one season. Sparano then opened the following season with his "the most accurate QB in history" and promptly lost his rubber band gunslinger. How much time did that give Sparano? Especially with a QB who sat his first year.

With that said, Gase is Ross man. Ross brought him in specifically for Tannehill. And neither will go anywhere until 2020. No matter what 2018 or 19 look like.
what is big deal w Gase? he is unproving? I put him in group w Sparano, they both started off fast. this yr will give us better answer of what direction he is going...to me they all look same rookie coaches Joe, Sparano and Adam. 6 to9 win coaches. every now and than make playoff...he should be here until 2020. bills, jets and dolphins hire same type coaches....they all started fast and fade as team get know them

Last edited:
David Fromm will be the successor to Tannehill. Mark it down.

1 or 2 more years, guys. They are already probably plotting this draft-wise. We may have picked guys to be used in whatever trade-up that move will take when the time comes.

what is big deal w Gase? he is unproving? I put him in group w Sparano, they both started off fast. this yr will give us better answer of what direction he is going...to me they all look same Joe, Sparano and Adam. 6 to9 win coaches. every now and than make playoff...

People will latch onto anything in defense of Tannehill.

Go back and read the Rosen thread prior to the draft. Rosen wasn't a winner and played in a weak conference in concerns to defense. All that could be said of Tannehill prior to his draft day. His one full year of starting seen his team go 7-6. Despite having NFL talent all over that offense. His junior year record post Texas Tech game, was impressive. But people better understand Von Miller was wrecking havoc on the Conference at that time.

Guess I touched a nerve again. :laugh

Or you've got nothing.

None of this makes any sense. The Browns have actually avoided grabbing a QB since their Manziel debacle (who was also their later 1st round pick) back in 2014.

WTF are you talking about?

QB 2018 1 1 1 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma
2017 2 20 52 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame
2016 3 31 93 Cody Kessler USC
2014 1 22 22 Johnny Manziel Texas A&M
2012 1 22 22 Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State
2010 3 21 85 Colt McCoy Texas
2007 1 22 22 Brady Quinn Notre Dame
2005 3 3 67 Charlie Frye Akron
2004 4 10 106 Luke McCown Louisiana Tech
2000 6 17 183 Spergon Wynn Southwest Texas State
1999 1 1 1 Tim Couch Kentucky

That is FIVE QBs taken in the 1st. ONE in the 2nd. THREE in the 3rd. And since Manziel they've "avoided" grabbing a QB by taking 1 in the 1st, 1 in the 2nd, and 1 in the 3rd.

Your Tannehate is blinding you.

:laugh See, this is a good example. If I'm not rubbing one out to a Tannehill poster every night, then I'm a "hater." No difference between what I've argued (which isn't for getting rid of Tannehill) and a poster who wanted Tannehill replaced 2 seasons ago in your mind. All the same to you.

I stand corrected. Sarcasm isn't the last resort for people who don't know what they are talking about. It's homoerotic suggestions. Thanks for reminding me.

Anyways, the pats have spent early-to-mid-round picks on backup QBs dating back to when Brady went over the 30 year old mark. They clearly value the position and remain proactive in preparing for the eventual departure of Brady. It's a sound strategy that doesn't indicate anything about their faith in Brady's ability.

So PROVE that is is a sound strategy. Map out how well they did with each of those picks. Back it up or shut it up.[/QUOTE]

Or you've got nothing.

WTF are you talking about?

QB 2018 1 1 1 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma
2017 2 20 52 DeShone Kizer Notre Dame
2016 3 31 93 Cody Kessler USC

2014 1 22 22 Johnny Manziel Texas A&M
2012 1 22 22 Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State
2010 3 21 85 Colt McCoy Texas
2007 1 22 22 Brady Quinn Notre Dame
2005 3 3 67 Charlie Frye Akron
2004 4 10 106 Luke McCown Louisiana Tech
2000 6 17 183 Spergon Wynn Southwest Texas State
1999 1 1 1 Tim Couch Kentucky

That is FIVE QBs taken in the 1st. ONE in the 2nd. THREE in the 3rd. And since Manziel they've "avoided" grabbing a QB by taking 1 in the 1st, 1 in the 2nd, and 1 in the 3rd.

Your Tannehate is blinding you.

:laugh Your argument is their 4th and 5th picks in those respective years? Yep, really throwing away their chance at team-building to "just grab a QB dammit!!!!" The point of your argument has been dismantled. Sorry. I mean, I know you're going to stick to it, but it's just sad at this point. Stick to calling everybody who doesn't have a Tannehill tattoo on their wiener a "hater."

I stand corrected. Sarcasm isn't the last resort for people who don't know what they are talking about. It's homoerotic suggestions. Thanks for reminding me.

Aww, somebody is angry about their argument being crushed. Don't worry, we won't tell your lord and savior Tannehill, though he probably already knows, because he's all-seeing and such.

So PROVE that is is a sound strategy. Map out how well they did with each of those picks. Back it up or shut it up.

Easy peasy.

Mallett - They took a chance on a QB in the 3rd round who was expected to go higher. Didn't work out, but they still got a 6th rounder and somehow, despite your stance that by spending a pick on a backup QB would prevent them from team building, still managed to make it to a SB and two conference championships during that period.

Garoppolo - A great pick. Perfect QB to groom behind Brady. I'm glad they traded him, otherwise that team would still be the best in the division after Brady retires.

Garoppolo and Brissett combined to win 3 of the first 4 games during Brady's suspension, you know, the year they won the Super Bowl. Somehow, it didn't affect team building again using 2nd and 3rd round picks on those two. Brissett has proven to be a competent backup (though certainly not a starter).

Sound strategy that shockingly didn't disturb the ability to team-build or threaten the career of the starting QB (don't worry, All-Holy Tannehill would have been safe had we drafted his backup in the 3rd round, unless he got injured again).

Easy peasy.

Mallett - They took a chance on a QB in the 3rd round who was expected to go higher. Didn't work out, but they still got a 6th rounder and somehow, despite your stance that by spending a pick on a backup QB would prevent them from team building, still managed to make it to a SB and two conference championships during that period.

Garoppolo - A great pick. Perfect QB to groom behind Brady. I'm glad they traded him, otherwise that team would still be the best in the division after Brady retires.

Garoppolo and Brissett combined to win 3 of the first 4 games during Brady's suspension, you know, the year they won the Super Bowl. Somehow, it didn't affect team building again using 2nd and 3rd round picks on those two. Brissett has proven to be a competent backup (though certainly not a starter).

Sound strategy that shockingly didn't disturb the ability to team-build or threaten the career of the starting QB (don't worry, All-Holy Tannehill would have been safe had we drafted his backup in the 3rd round, unless he got injured again).

LOL a 6th rounder and 3 wins..... that is your listed success.

Stupid and lazy Awesome.

2016 3 29 91 Jacoby Brissett North Carolina State
2014 2 30 62 Jimmy Garoppolo Eastern Illinois
2011 3 10 74 Ryan Mallett Arkansas
2010 7 43 250 Zac Robinson Oklahoma State
2008 3 31 94 Kevin O'Connell San Diego State
2005 7 16 230 Matt Cassel USC
2003 6 28 201 Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech
2002 4 19 117 Rohan Davey

Brissett - traded for a WR that caught 4 passes FAIL
Garoppolo - Traded for a 2nd round pick 4 years later, FAIL
Mallet - FAIL
Robinson - FAIL
O'Connell - FAIL
Cassel - win
Kingsbury - FAIL
Davey - FAIL

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    968 bytes · Views: 1
  • image.png
    image.png
    968 bytes · Views: 0
:laugh Your argument is their 4th and 5th picks in those respective years? Yep, really throwing away their chance at team-building to "just grab a QB dammit!!!!" The point of your argument has been dismantled. Sorry. I mean, I know you're going to stick to it, but it's just sad at this point.

Because the Browns are "all set"and Kizer is a key piece, No problem wasting a 2nd round pick, only to draft another QB the next season.

Keep talking up the Cleveland strategy. LOL.

Well I give Case and Company some credit for not taking a QB in the first round. That would have been the easy way out for them. A QB in the 4th round would have fit the bill this yea. But with so many poor choices in personal moves they were behind the Q ball to draft by need as much as talent and we are in the same ball park as New England is when it comes to accumulating draft picks so have the extra choices over the years we just don't have. Anyway if RT comes out rusty, and or gets hurt again Gase is going to be big time under the gun after jettisoning the talent this year and now the roster are his chosen players and no one elses. Time to poop or get off the pot.

Stupid and lazy Awesome.

Mallet - FAIL
Robinson - FAIL
O'Connell - FAIL
Cassel - win
Kingsbury - FAIL
Davey - FAIL

Don't forget that one of those wins was making your lord and savior look pedestrian. ;)

You keep saying the strategy fails, but it's pretty clear you don't even know what the strategy is, which is sad, because it's incredibly simple. It's making sure you have a competent backup who can actually play in this league in case your quarterback gets injured or opts to retire. Successful teams have been doing it for years. Not only the pats, but the Steelers, the Packers, etc. Why you find that offensive is beyond me and I honestly don't care. After I murdered your "build the team" nonsense, you've resorted to personal attacks and rantings like this nonsense post. You lost.

Now, note that I quite clearly indicated that I was referring to the Pats since Brady crossed the 30 mark, so I'm not sure why you're bringing up the rest of them, kiddo. I did that for very specific reasons. One, the Pats learned first hand what can happen if their starting QB goes down for an extended period of time. They also considered the fact that QBs are more injury-prone once they get into their 30's. They understand the importance of the position and, again, it has nothing to do with the ability of Tom Brady, just as investing in the position here has nothing to do with Tannehill's ability (which is why it's weird that you've gotten so pissy at the thought of investing in a good backup QB and why your "hater" comments make no sense whatsoever).

Mallet wasn't a fail because the invested very little in a low risk, high reward player who was expected to go in the 1st. He didn't work out and all it cost them was a drop from a 3rd round pick to a 6th round pick and didn't prevent them from team-building. Your argument fails.

Garoppolo wasn't a fail because they anticipated Tom Brady retiring and proactively sought his replacement (something I wish the Phins did before Marino retired). If you can say that four years ago, you anticipated Tom Brady would still be playing at 40 years old and at a high level, you'd be a liar. They traded the 62nd overall pick for the 43rd overall pick (which they parlayed into the 51st and a 4th rounder) and got 4 years with a top level backup QB and potential Brady replacement for it. Drafting him was absolutely a smart move and didn't prevent them from team-building. Your argument fails.

Brissett cost them a 3rd and proved to be a good backup. Hung 92 yards on us in limited playing time. He was clearly never meant to be anything more than a high end backup. When the opportunity presented itself to trade him for a WR with a lot of potential, they did it. He only cost them a 3rd rounder and didn't prevent them from team-building. Your argument fails.

Drafting a quality backup in the 3rd wouldn't have hurt your Precious and wouldn't have prevented us from team-building. Your argument fails.

This is particularly true when unlike Brady, our QB is coming of of back-to-back IR, one of which resulted in us paying an absurd amount to an old and broken Jay Cutler. But sure, who cares about backup QBs. :laugh

Side note, did you copy the laughing smiley and add it as an attachment? :laugh Computering is hard.

Stupid and lazy Awesome.

Mallet - FAIL
Robinson - FAIL
O'Connell - FAIL
Cassel - win
Kingsbury - FAIL
Davey - FAIL

In what world is trading a QB you drafted in the 2nd for another 2nd 4 years later considered a fail?

you've resorted to personal attacks and rantings like this nonsense post. You lost.

LOL.

Now, note that I quite clearly indicated that I was referring to the Pats since Brady crossed the 30 mark, so I'm not sure why you're bringing up the rest of them, kiddo. I did that for very specific reasons. One, the Pats learned first hand what can happen if their starting QB goes down for an extended period of time. They also considered the fact that QBs are more injury-prone once they get into their 30's. They understand the importance of the position and, again, it has nothing to do with the ability of Tom Brady, just as investing in the position here has nothing to do with Tannehill's ability (which is why it's weird that you've gotten so pissy at the thought of investing in a good backup QB and why your "hater" comments make no sense whatsoever).

Why do you keep bringing up Tannehill? Seems like a weird obsession.

Mallet wasn't a fail because the invested very little in a low risk, high reward player who was expected to go in the 1st. He didn't work out and all it cost them was a drop from a 3rd round pick to a 6th round pick and didn't prevent them from team-building. Your argument fails.

Mallet wasn't a fail.... LOL. Keep digging.

Garoppolo wasn't a fail because they anticipated Tom Brady retiring and proactively sought his replacement (something I wish the Phins did before Marino retired). If you can say that four years ago, you anticipated Tom Brady would still be playing at 40 years old and at a high level, you'd be a liar. They traded the 62nd overall pick for the 43rd overall pick (which they parlayed into the 51st and a 4th rounder) and got 4 years with a top level backup QB and potential Brady replacement for it. Drafting him was absolutely a smart move and didn't prevent them from team-building. Your argument fails.

Used a 2nd. Invested 4 seasons. Got a second. FAIL.

Brissett cost them a 3rd and proved to be a good backup. Hung 92 yards on us in limited playing time. He was clearly never meant to be anything more than a high end backup. When the opportunity presented itself to trade him for a WR with a lot of potential, they did it. He only cost them a 3rd rounder and didn't prevent them from team-building. Your argument fails.

Used a 3rd. Traded for a failed QR. FAIL

Drafting a quality backup in the 3rd wouldn't have hurt your Precious and wouldn't have prevented us from team-building. Your argument fails.

Sure, picks are infinite. Use one. Just get granted another. What color is the sky in your world?

This is particularly true when unlike Brady, our QB is coming of of back-to-back IR, one of which resulted in us paying an absurd amount to an old and broken Jay Cutler. But sure, who cares about backup QBs. :laugh

Ask Philly if backup QBs need to be found by flailing around with draft picks.

Side note, did you copy the laughing smiley and add it as an attachment? :laugh Computering is hard.

Pointless comment. But that seems common with you.

In what world is trading a QB you drafted in the 2nd for another 2nd 4 years later considered a fail?

In what world is investing 4 years in a QB then dealing him for the same round pick a win? Even if you grade it as a wash, they are 1-6-1 in their strategy. WHICH IS FINE FOR A COMPLETE TEAM. But F**KING STUPID for a team full of holes. That is the whole point.

Others want to keep trying to make it about Tannehill.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom