All In With Tannehill | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All In With Tannehill

In what world is investing 4 years in a QB then dealing him for the same round pick a win?

We invested 4 years into a former 2nd round WR and traded him for a 4th round pick. Did you call that a fail?

It’s a wash if anything, but also consider the player is 4 years older. In any case, most be agree they probably traded Garopolo under value. They actually rejected a 1st round pick offer from Cleveland for some reason if I recall correctly.

They could have traded him for a first at least but B.B. cut some kind of deal with Shanahan who he likes for some reason.

Bottom line, Garapolo was a good investment. He could have been the heir apparent easily for Brady, he won several games as Brady’s replacement which helped the Patriots retain home field advantage in the playoffs, which greatly contributed to their super bowl runs. And STILL got back their same draft compensation when trading him away. I’d call that a win any day of the week.

When was the last time the Dolphins traded ANY player for the same or better compensation than what they drafted them for, much less a QB?

The Dolphins have been so bad at drafting QBs that they haven’t even had the opportunity to trade one away for ANY value since Scott Mitchell.

They MIGHT be able to trade Tannehill for a 2nd to some team, but more like would be a 3 and a 7 or something like that.

It’s just nuts to say the Garopolo draft pick was a fail. If that a failure, I want that kind of failure in Miami.

So break down Tannehill’s QBR and show how it compares to other QBs. You made the claim about garage time, so back it up.

I dont have the time, but you do apparently so you can prove that I'm wrong by looking into it. And let's us know what you find out about Tannehill and his QBR which accounts for garbage time numbers and things like that.

So break down Tannehill’s QBR and show how it compares to other QBs. You made the claim about garage time, so back it up.

Dude you love arguing. You should start IloveRyanTannehill.com and be the only member and no one will “hate” on your beloved hero ever again!!

We invested 4 years into a former 2nd round WR and traded him for a 4th round pick. Did you call that a fail?

Definite fail.

It’s a wash if anything, but also consider the player is 4 years older. In any case, most be agree they probably traded Garopolo under value. They actually rejected a 1st round pick offer from Cleveland for some reason if I recall correctly.

They could have traded him for a first at least but B.B. cut some kind of deal with Shanahan who he likes for some reason.

Bottom line, Garapolo was a good investment. He could have been the heir apparent easily for Brady, he won several games as Brady’s replacement which helped the Patriots retain home field advantage in the playoffs, which greatly contributed to their super bowl runs. And STILL got back their same draft compensation when trading him away. I’d call that a win any day of the week.

When was the last time the Dolphins traded ANY player for the same or better compensation than what they drafted them for, much less a QB?

The Dolphins have been so bad at drafting QBs that they haven’t even had the opportunity to trade one away for ANY value since Scott Mitchell.

They MIGHT be able to trade Tannehill for a 2nd to some team, but more like would be a 3 and a 7 or something like that.

It’s just nuts to say the Garopolo draft pick was a fail. If that a failure, I want that kind of failure in Miami.

As I have stated many, many times. I am all for drafting a QB when the need for the QB is greater than the other needs on the team. No problem.

The nitwits on this site want to adopt the QB drafting strategy without having the same situation that surrounds the ability to do that (i.e. having a complete roster, established coaching staff, and a consistency in their approach). They are stupid enough to try to credit a portion of NE's success to their backup QB drafting. It is stupid and it is lazy. I will advocate NEs QB drafting strategy the instant we replicate their success. Their approach to drafting QBs is a result of their success not a cause of it.

Does being 2-6-0 in their 8 QB picks really change anything?

I dont have the time, but you do apparently so you can prove that I'm wrong by looking into it. And let's us know what you find out about Tannehill and his QBR which accounts for garbage time numbers and things like that.

weak cop out. Don't post claims you cannot back up. Clearly you should have had the numbers before making the claim, right?

In what world is investing 4 years in a QB then dealing him for the same round pick a win? Even if you grade it as a wash, they are 1-6-1 in their strategy. WHICH IS FINE FOR A COMPLETE TEAM. But F**KING STUPID for a team full of holes. That is the whole point.

Wrong! They are 214-74.

I can't be the only one who thinks Tannehill will get reinjured again at some point this season.

i prefer the idea of rostering virtually no backup this year; if tannehill gets hurt again or isn't good anymore, we need to lose as many games as possible to get a qb pick. Hoping this doesn't happen and I still remember that Tannehill was pretty much killing it when he got hurt.

I’m not certain you’re familiar with debate. This isn’t how it’s done.

Let’s do it your way: Todd Bowles is the greatest Dolphins coach ever. But...I really don’t have the time or want to put in the effort to prove my point. You prove me wrong with stats, or I declare myself the winner!

Dude you love arguing. You should start IloveRyanTannehill.com and be the only member and no one will “hate” on your beloved hero ever again!!

...says one of the crew who wanders into every single thread about Tannehill and hates. You’re aware that you can make Tannytookmylunchmoney.com just as easily, right?

I can't be the only one who thinks Tannehill will get reinjured again at some point this season.

You’re not the only one. Heck, there are those who would suggest the he’s had not only multiple different injuries to, but also multiple surgeries on the same knee, and that he’s suddenly a fragile, injury-prone mid-30s immobile QB.

To the OP, though, I’m not entirely certain this is accurate. I am of the opinion that this off-season is more revealing that Ross is all-in on Gase, and that he has a lot more rope that people might think.

While I’m (obviously) a Tannehill supporter, I think the revelation last year was that the team simply wasn’t making the playoffs again without Tannehill...and to Gase, that was simply unacceptable.

In other words, I don’t think that the Fins not drafting a QB was as much a dice roll with Tannehill as Gase creating a complete team that can execute his plan...and that a QB injury should not completely derail that plan.

Now, you’ll get no argument from me against the Fins being ****** if Tannehill goes down for any length of time in 2018. But I think the team is going in a direction that will eventually lead to a “next man up” mentality when a key player goes down.

If Gase didn't feel good about Osweiler he wouldn't have signed him. I think Gase knows exactly what B.O. (BO, pretty funny) can do and he's ok with it. He was good enough to back up Peyton in Denver, I'm ok with him as an emergency QB. The other thing to remember is that we have tons of time to continue to shape the roster. Post 6/1 cuts we all know Suhs money becomes available to Miami. I'd bet we have a short list of DTs to choose from. Also, there is nothing that says we won't brings in several QBs to camp in addition to Ryan and BO. BTW, put Osweiler down if you like but he's made lots of millions playing QB.

I do realize that Gase felt good about Cutler but everybody can panic and make a mistake.
Also, Brock has to earn a job on this team. If he can't play anymore, we'll find out fast and go with a different plan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom