All Roster Cuts Here | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Roster Cuts Here

Great! We cut our 2012 5th round draft pick (Kaddu) and replace him with another team’s 2012 free agent (Sammy Brown). Why didn't we just pick Brown in the 7th round? Kaddu was 1st team Pac-12 (which may not be the SEC - but does produce a lot of NFL players) with limited football experience and good upside. But he was going to take time to develop, which the team should have known before drafting him. He will get claimed because of his skill set. We also cut Gates, our 4th round pick last year. This doesn’t make sense. Ireland is not doing a good job of drafting for this organization! Jimmy Johnson found Jason Taylor in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] round and Zach Thomas in the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] round. Has Ireland even come close to doing anything like this?

He drafted our starting FS and starting SS in the 5th round. Drafted us a legitimate starting #2 WR in Hartline in the 4th round. Got us Reggie Bush for a late round pick.

all this talk about them wanting high character guys is just talk...and tbh anyone can b a character risk you just never know. id say its a concern but shouldnt be a deciding factor. Plus these guys who are hiring hardly have good eyes for "high character" guys.

You got a number on that? Not saying it aint right, just curious as to what the actual number is? I'd guess its around 80% give or take...?

Im think of doing the research 80 percent is a pretty good guess. Odds of getting a starter no so good but u should get a guy that can make a team that went 6-10 LAST YEAR.
He lost out to Jason Trunsick, Freeney and Spitler none of which are even good players.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

True. But from a statistical standpoint, the odds are still low. Consider yourself extremely fortunate when u hit on a Zach Thomas

Odds are low of getting a productive player but odds are pretty high of getting a player for roster

I don't care if my TE is a headcase. If he's hitting people hard and catching TDs, I want him on my team. Not everybody needs to be model citizen.

It's different from Marshall who was more than a headcase. I doubt Winslow would throw his QB under the bus and get stabbed by his wife.

Winslow on ONE toe is better than our entire TE contingent... Of course, Ireland thinks he is a "character" risk and thus will opt to have some 260 pound white guy instead that "loves football".

You mean guys like Gronkowski, Dave Casper etc. Yep, those white guys stink at playing football

I have a soft spot for Winslow. He had so much promise at the U. I'd love for us to take him on as a reclamation project, but we're not that kind of team apparently.

He was a late rd draft pick. Statistically, the odds were never in his favor, so I don't see what you are getting at. I suppose its just more piling on directed at JI.

I dont see many teams cutting 5rd picks 5 months after drafting them.
I dnt mind JI so ur getting at the wrong dude. Meow do you see what i am getting at?

Great! We cut our 2012 5th round draft pick (Kaddu) and replace him with another team’s 2012 free agent (Sammy Brown). Why didn't we just pick Brown in the 7th round? Kaddu was 1st team Pac-12 (which may not be the SEC - but does produce a lot of NFL players) with limited football experience and good upside. But he was going to take time to develop, which the team should have known before drafting him. He will get claimed because of his skill set. We also cut Gates, our 4th round pick last year. This doesn’t make sense. Ireland is not doing a good job of drafting for this organization! Jimmy Johnson found Jason Taylor in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] round and Zach Thomas in the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] round. Has Ireland even come close to doing anything like this?

He'll be on the Phinz practice squad.......if nobody picks him up :-)

Back
Top Bottom