All Roster Cuts Here | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Roster Cuts Here

Marty would not be an awful add..

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

might just be my crappy memory, but i honestly can't recall culver making a play of any kind.

Winslow is done....so that means Miami might actually sign him. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they do.

Antonio Allen

Cut by the Jets when they picked up Gates and the NT from the Phins (can't spell his name, but i liked him this preseason). Anyways, i was a big fan of Allen's at South Carolina. He's a bigger guy, an in the box safety type, but i'd take a flyer on him to see what he could do. It's not like our safeties are lighting up the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, this staff loves Clemons and Jones....they won't make any moves at Safety. The only people disappointed in the safety play are Finheaven members. You never hear anything in the press about it.

I want playmakers back there too but I believe that Ireland doesn't value this position. Who knows?

I do not see anything positive with Jones. The guy takes bad angles and is always trailing the play in the actual games. Maybe he shows something in practice.
Clemons is solid, but has not shown any big play making ability. The guy from Houston, Nolan, that we picked up is supposed to have big play capability..so we'll see.
We are set pretty good at NT so I doubt that the UM nose tackle will get a look, but I would take a look at that safety Allen. We need a guy that can cover but who can also be a force at the LOS on running plays and that can lay out a QB on safety blitzes.
The name "Allen" and safety do not conjure up any good thoughts from previous seasons..

I'm ok with clemons as a starter for now, but with an eye to replacing him in the draft or FA next year. Every time I watch Jones he looks horrible though.

I do not see anything positive with Jones. The guy takes bad angles and is always trailing the play in the actual games. Maybe he shows something in practice.
Clemons is solid, but has not shown any big play making ability. The guy from Houston, Nolan, that we picked up is supposed to have big play capability..so we'll see.
We are set pretty good at NT so I doubt that the UM nose tackle will get a look, but I would take a look at that safety Allen. We need a guy that can cover but who can also be a force at the LOS on running plays and that can lay out a QB on safety blitzes.
The name "Allen" and safety do not conjure up any good thoughts from previous seasons..

I just edited my post. By the NT from Miami i meant the one the Phins just cut who the Jets signed. I thought he played well this preseason and was hoping we would keep him, maybe stash him on the Practice Squad but the Jets jumped at him.

all this talk about them wanting high character guys is just talk...and tbh anyone can b a character risk you just never know. id say its a concern but shouldnt be a deciding factor. Plus these guys who are hiring hardly have good eyes for "high character" guys.

If Ireland's idea is to surround himself with "high character" guys -- then what the heck is he doing here !!!

Antonio Allen is one of those guys who has good ball instincts, forces alot of fumbles and lays the wood when hitting. The Game****s could use him this year, but I agree he is worth bringing in for a look. Two season ago, he had a streak of three straight games with a TD on defense.

I would be thrilled if we could sign him. He was the only player in the SEC to finish in the top 10 in all four of these impact stats: tackles (88), interceptions (3), forced fumbles (4) and fumble recoveries (3).

Brief Highlight video from 2011 on him
[video=youtube;jDrVWcj6NDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDrVWcj6NDY[/video]

Back
Top Bottom