All The Bitchin... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All The Bitchin...

DolphinTodd, Tannehill has won 9 out of his last 10 starts, so I’m not sure how you can watch the Jets game and not feel good about Tannehill. If he is our weakest link today then he must just be our good luck charm lately.
Honestly not sure what more you can ask for as far as progress as of late, other then maybe not missing a season and 3 or 4 games from injury after 70 something consecutive starts despite being one of the most abused qbs during that time. I find it to be more enjoyable and fun to focus on the fact we are winning and the teams continual improvement throughout the rest of the season instead of feeling bad about any part of the win today. His career has not been anything special and I’d be the first to admit that. But when the dolphins have won the last 9 games out of 10 that Tannehill is under center why can’t we at least put a timeout on Tannehill as a hinderence claims, and start rooting for Tannehill as a solution in the meantime?

Defense is playing great. I am not sure how you can watch the jets game and feel good about Tannehill. Its awesome we won but quite honestly he looked like the weakest link today.
You must have watched a different game.

80-90% of any issues with Tannehill were directly attributable to his (lack of) pass protection.

I thought RT held onto the ball too long on multiple occasions, just has to throw it away. Taking way too many sacks. But as others have said, the guys been off the field for over a year, what should we expect? If by week 4 he’s still not feeling the rush and jittery in the pocket , then it’s cause for worry. Until then, I’ll enjoy opening the season 2-0, Raiders come on down

It should be obvious at this point that despite paying lip-service, there are those among us whose egos are so identified with Tannehill sucking, that they would rather see this team lose. Wins only conjure up fits of uncomfortable cognitive dissonance.

Frankly when you've finally accepted this reality, it becomes easier to accord those opinions the relative credibility they merit!

Who cares we looked bad in the 2nd half? Clearly some posters do and they voiced their displeasure on this Dolphin message board same as you voicing your displeasure about them voicing their displeasure.

I'd like to voice my displeasure at your voicing your displeasure at others voicing their displeasure of... ... I lost my train of thought.

We won I get it but yes the 2nd half matters. We gave u the most first possession 2nd half TDs last season and jets marched it right down for easy td today. Play calling was terrible at times thank god gore bailed us out on 3rd and 19

It should be obvious at this point that despite paying lip-service, there are those among us whose egos are so identified with Tannehill sucking, that they would rather see this team lose. Wins only conjure up fits of uncomfortable cognitive dissonance.

Frankly when you've finally accepted this reality, it becomes easier to accord those opinions the relative credibility they merit!

Well said, really well said. :good:

LMAO, Tannehill made plays with his legs that won this game at the end. Too many Madden players on here chasing stats. The team as a whole played well when they needed to in order to get a win on the road against a divisional rival. Tannehill threw 2 TDs, no picks and out rushed the Jets by himself, including critical plays at the end to seal the win. It is ridiculous in here sometimes.

Ten replies and no one bitching about your grammar so far seems like people are in a pretty good mood overall. His QBR was actually 29.3 today.

QBR is literally the worst stat ever concocted. You know that ESPN hasn’t even released how it is calculated? It literally could just be randomly assigned and we wouldn’t know. There is a ton of speculation that they **** with their QBR numbers to push narratives about big name QBs.

My only real concern with the defense is the lack of a pass rush. If they can get that figured out, the defense has a chance to be pretty darn good. They've done pretty well to this point considering the lack of a pass rush. But they can't get away with it against legit, experienced QB's.

With regard to Tannehill, he was subpar today and held the ball too long. But as someone else pointed out, I'm willing to give him time to get back into a rhythm after so much time out of the game.

The big positive to me was when it was time to close out the game, the offense did what they had to do as to not put the burden back on the defense. That's where the offense has failed so many times in the past. But today, despite their ineptness for most the game, they got it done when it mattered most.

Lol. Great thread by the OP because it sums up my sentiments exactly. I do not profess to know any more (or less) than any other Dolphin fan, but I will say that some perspective would be nice when considering the 2018 Miami Dolphins in regard to yesterday's performance. This team has already defied the odds in many ways. Many of the Doom and Gloom "Naysayers" had us winning no more than 3 games total for the season after showing Landry and Suh the door. Not only are we winning, but we have shown an ability to actually finish games off when the ball is in our hands (something we have struggled with for years now). The decision to stay put within the draft order and grab Minkah instead of giving up precious draft capital for a qb, looks like a wise one right now.

As for Tannehill, people seem to always have an unreasonable perspective (one way or the other) when discussing him. Yes, this is his seventh season as a Dolphin...I get it. However, the facts are that he is shaking off the rust of missing a season and a half while (in my opinion) maintaining a good (not great) level of performance. His critics will continue to pound away at him until he offers up a Brady/Rodgers/Marino type of showing and Ryan Tannehill has never been that guy. Who he is, is a guy that can keep this team winning and guide us to the playoffs with a strong supporting cast and Gase's system in place. Gase and Tannehill seem to work well together and I will take that any day over the debacle that was Jay Cutler last year. I don't need Marino-like stats, I just need solid play from the qb as he keeps racking up numbers in the win column. If he does that, his critics can chirp as loudly as they want and I'll still be happy.

This was game 2, you usually are not up to your best, usually it takes 4 games to start playing good football, if you're going to be good. The Pats are always most vulnerable at the beginning of the season, you're still learning your team. Even though we didn't look great today, we won and a win is hard to get in the NFL. Enjoy and stop nic pickin..hopefully we get better and iron out problems like the second half. But when the O needed it most in the 2nd half, they delivered.
You are right. A road win in the division doesn't usually come easily.

Back
Top Bottom