All the one year signings.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All the one year signings....

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is what I think, we know there is a chance we could see the end of the salary cap as we know it. Could it be that Saban knows this and is setting things up for this? I don't know how or what will happen when the time comes, but I think the players under contract at the time the Salary cap ends are still going to recieve what they signed for even if it's over the next six seasons after the cap ends. And even though there will be no limitation on spending most teams have cheap owners that don't want to spend the allotted amount they are given now. It's just another way to think about it.

Does anyone else think this is one of the reasons Saban is making such limited long term signings? I know that some of the players signed to one year deals are just stop gaps but we have a lot of one year signings. While I don't know if there is a direct connection, I'm sure Saban is taking this job as if he were palying chess and thinking five or six moves ahead. The next few years will be interesting to say the least with how teams deal and sign FA and rookies.

Nah, he's doing it because they are cheap and people get to prove themselves before we hand them a big bag of money. It gives us flexibility and an economic edge.

It could also be a plan for lots of comp picks in a couple drafts.

xiidaen said:
It could also be a plan for lots of comp picks in a couple drafts.

i never thought of that as a side effect. cool. This is how you rebuild /retool and still stay competetive. :)

It's a reasonable way to get players cheap and with limited commitment until they prove if they are worthy of a longer contract. Some of the players are on the "fence" as far as their career is concerned and aren't worth longer contracts.

The chances of the player's association and the owners are not able to negotiate a new contract is SO SMALL that it's hardly worth considering. No one, players included, want to salary cap to disappear. It would create too much of a disparity between teams.

I think it's an integral part of Saban's talent evaluation systems. Players have a year to prove themselves and this easier wades out the duds in this system. It's a safety catch.

the salary cp is not going anywhere. the positive effect its had fr outweighs the negatives n the leagues eyes and it gives all teams, no matter what market they are in, the chance of competing for the SB. Carolina is a prime example

HysterikiLL said:
I think it's an integral part of Saban's talent evaluation systems. Players have a year to prove themselves and this easier wades out the duds in this system. It's a safety catch.

I completely agree.Let's Nick replace players that don't work out without killing his salary cap for the next few years.(dead weight)

Back
Top Bottom