All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!!

You're response is odd, it hurts my brain reading it. I never said they were hand in hand.

Do I really need to break down what I said???

Say Tua is the A+, Herbert is the A and Fromm is the A-. I'll take a A- if I have to complete the rebuild quicker rather than think the A+ is absolutely necessary and make it take longer.

I'll give you the super extreme wack comparison which I really shouldn't have to.

Say Grier pulled a Mike Ditka in 2020 and traded 1st through 7th draft pick to move up to number 1 just to get Tua. The team would have the top prospect QB with a weaker team due to everything they gave up.

Vs drafting Herbert or Fromm and giving little to nothing and fill the other holes we'll surely have next season.

Get it now?

(Cue the next fan chiming in thinking I was serious about that trade)

Or just suck one year and get the better QB without trading any picks. Not sure what you are arguing? We arent winning the super bowl next year. Over half of this roster will be flipped in the next 2 years. Us winning 5 games next year wont make the rebuild any faster. Us completely sucking next year wont put us in this hole of perpetually sucking either. Know what will get us out of the hole faster than anything. The right QB.

Or just suck one year and get the better QB without trading any picks. Not sure what you are arguing? We arent winning the super bowl next year. Over half of this roster will be flipped in the next 2 years. Us winning 5 games next year wont make the rebuild any faster. Us completely sucking next year wont put us in this hole of perpetually sucking either. Know what will get us out of the hole faster than anything. The right QB.

And the sun will come up tomorrow. Nothing like pointing out the obvious.

It's because you are on the intentionally suck side 0-16/1-15 and I'm on the we'll wind up 4-12 - 6-10 and still miss out on Tua and I'll be happy with where we land and what we try and pull off trade wise.

These posts remind me of a sign I saw in a bar on the Kentucky -Tennessee border. It said:

"This place is a hang out for hunters, fishermen and all other sorts of fancy liars".

Funny, but I never forgot that sign. It seems that it would be appropriate in so many other places with just a few additions or deletions.

Maybe its an omen (that's PC talk for "it's a sign").

Lots of heavy praise for Tua in this thread. The only real can't miss prospect since Luck comes out the year after Tua and he plays at Clemson. It would be very Dolphins to sell the farm to get Tua next year, and then watch someone else use our 2021 first to draft Trevor Lawrence...

Lots of heavy praise for Tua in this thread. The only real can't miss prospect since Luck comes out the year after Tua and he plays at Clemson. It would be very Dolphins to sell the farm to get Tua next year, and then watch someone else use our 2021 first to draft Trevor Lawrence...
People who think this probably only watched one Clemson game last year, the National Championship.

While Lawrence looks like he could be great, nobody mentions his 12/24 118yd game against Pitt in the ACC Championship or his 10/15 93yd game against Syracuse that they almost lost because they won in spite of him. He's not Luck yet and his WR helped him out big time in the Alabama game.

Also you are arguing about arguing.

Here's my belief on not Tanking. ...We're not tanking because it's not even remotely necessary because my belief of a major rebuilding over rules all of that intentional losing which = Tanking. (Your preferred method)

New GM / new head coach / new O + D coordinator/ new special teams coach / new offensive scheme / new defensive scheme. A make shift O-line and an extreme highs and low new QB

So if you think we'll suck so bad we'll be 1-15 because of all the changes listed above that's rebuilding.

If we suck so bad because we are trying to lose = Tanking for Tua. I'll just sit back and enjoy the entertainment.

They aren't the same.

You're response is odd, it hurts my brain reading it. I never said they were hand in hand.

Do I really need to break down what I said???

Say Tua is the A+, Herbert is the A and Fromm is the A-. I'll take a A- if I have to complete the rebuild quicker rather than think the A+ is absolutely necessary and make it take longer.

I'll give you the super extreme wack comparison which I really shouldn't have to.

Say Grier pulled a Mike Ditka in 2020 and traded 1st through 7th draft pick to move up to number 1 just to get Tua. The team would have the top prospect QB with a weaker team due to everything they gave up.

Vs drafting Herbert or Fromm and giving little to nothing and fill the other holes we'll surely have next season.

Get it now?

(Cue the next fan chiming in thinking I was serious about that trade)
So... yet again... your point is that getting Fromm is somehow going to make the rebuild "faster", but thanks for breaking down what you said only to say the same thing a different way.

Do you think winning 5 games next season because we started Fitzpatrick instead of the 1 or 2 we might win if we started Falk means that the rebuild would take any more or less time? The only difference is that you end up with a lesser chance at an elite QB.

Nobody is saying that we should trade up to #1 to get Tua next season instead of just accepting Fromm, because that literally isn't an option. The #1 pick isn't going to be up for sale.

So... yet again... your point is that getting Fromm is somehow going to make the rebuild "faster", but thanks for breaking down what you said only to say the same thing a different way.

Do you think winning 5 games next season because we started Fitzpatrick instead of the 1 or 2 we might win if we started Falk means that the rebuild would take any more or less time? The only difference is that you end up with a lesser chance at an elite QB.

Nobody is saying that we should trade up to #1 to get Tua next season instead of just accepting Fromm, because that literally isn't an option. The #1 pick isn't going to be up for sale.

I'm saying Tanking isn't going to happen ( you know the main reason for this OP) so it's irrelevant. I'm not set on any of next years QB's. I was using examples which didn't seem to help you I guess.

You're so set on Tua, you probably wont even consider any other college QB. I'm going to enjoy college ball and watch the other top QB's that we have a chance of getting and make up my mind who we realistically have a chance for and not have a temper tantrum if we dont get Tua.

But it's just that "TALK". The coaches and players will be trying to win and I'm sorry to hurt anyone's feelings but if the staff is worth anything at all they will win some games. This team WILL NOT get the 1st overall pick unless the wheels far off injury wise. There is no doubt about this in my mind.

The benefit of tanking for #1 pick next year is not Tua. It's the chance to get a king's ransom for that pick. We certainly don't want a 6' QB, who hardly throws from far hash. No, not interested.
But if they get that #1 pick, they should certainly be interested in a king's ransom.

The benefit of tanking for #1 pick next year is not Tua. It's the chance to get a king's ransom for that pick. We certainly don't want a 6' QB, who hardly throws from far hash. No, not interested.
But if they get that #1 pick, they should certainly be interested in a king's ransom.

Can you imagine this forum if we got the number 1 over all and traded it?

It would blow up the internet.

If you listen to some of these guys next years #1 spot over all is something that will never be traded.

Tua = God

And the sun will come up tomorrow. Nothing like pointing out the obvious.

It's because you are on the intentionally suck side 0-16/1-15 and I'm on the we'll wind up 4-12 - 6-10 and still miss out on Tua and I'll be happy with where we land and what we try and pull off trade wise.

So are you arguing on the side of "play with integrity" or "protect the shield" angle? If so, thats understandable. If not, I have no idea who would want to win 4-5 games instead of getting the first overall pick. There is no other logical argument you can make.

Can you imagine this forum if we got the number 1 over all and traded it?

It would blow up the internet.

If you listen to some of these guys next years #1 spot over all is something that will never be traded.

Tua = God

Ok. Even if Tua isnt the best QB prospect next year (which I have a hard time believing). That means there is a better prospect than him. I want the opportunity to take that prospect instead of having to take our 2nd, 3rd or 4th option because we won 3 extra games.

People who think this probably only watched one Clemson game last year, the National Championship.

While Lawrence looks like he could be great, nobody mentions his 12/24 118yd game against Pitt in the ACC Championship or his 10/15 93yd game against Syracuse that they almost lost because they won in spite of him. He's not Luck yet and his WR helped him out big time in the Alabama game.

You may want to check out a few of Andrew Lucks games as a freshman he had a more than his share of stinkers as well. Lawrence freshman year is far superior to Lucks freshman year though. Lawrence freshman year is arguably better than Luck's sophomore year.

NFL Draft history is full of "real can't miss" QBs

Back
Top Bottom