All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!!

So are you arguing on the side of "play with integrity" or "protect the shield" angle? If so, thats understandable. If not, I have no idea who would want to win 4-5 games instead of getting the first overall pick. There is no other logical argument you can make.

I've stated my opinion so many different ways on why I don't believe we are tanking and why it isn't necessary and how hard it would be to pull off as easy as some my think it is because 1 team in the last 50 years pulled it off.

There's not much more I can say.

People who think this probably only watched one Clemson game last year, the National Championship.

While Lawrence looks like he could be great, nobody mentions his 12/24 118yd game against Pitt in the ACC Championship or his 10/15 93yd game against Syracuse that they almost lost because they won in spite of him. He's not Luck yet and his WR helped him out big time in the Alabama game.
I agree w u. seem like u did ur homework very well.
tua should of been bench last two games I saw him played.. both still need work before they come to nfl. I still don't trust Saban. when it come to qb.

I'm saying Tanking isn't going to happen ( you know the main reason for this OP) so it's irrelevant. I'm not set on any of next years QB's. I was using examples which didn't seem to help you I guess.

You're so set on Tua, you probably wont even consider any other college QB. I'm going to enjoy college ball and watch the other top QB's that we have a chance of getting and make up my mind who we realistically have a chance for and not have a temper tantrum if we dont get Tua.
Were you fine that we ended up with Tannehill instead of Luck?

I don't care if Tua turns out to be the 3rd best QB after the season. I care that we have the chance to take the best guy and not settle... AGAIN... because we won a few more pointless games that we shouldn't have if we were actually playing with our brains instead of our sense of morality.

You may want to check out a few of Andrew Lucks games as a freshman he had a more than his share of stinkers as well. Lawrence freshman year is far superior to Lucks freshman year though. Lawrence freshman year is arguably better than Luck's sophomore year.

Think he was mentioning this for those that poo poo on Tua because of his "poor" performance in the National championship game haha That dreadful 289 yards and 2 Tds against the best defense in the nation. They forget about his performance as a freshman in the other national championship game where people were saying the same things about Tua as they are saying about lawerence after his first NC game.

I think both are great prospects RIGHT NOW.

Were you fine that we ended up with Tannehill instead of Luck?

I don't care if Tua turns out to be the 3rd best QB after the season. I care that we have the chance to take the best guy and not settle... AGAIN... because we won a few more pointless games that we shouldn't have if we were actually playing with our brains instead of our sense of morality.

So I can count on you being on the "Tua temper tantrum" list. Looking forward to your complaining for the next 5-15 years if we don't get him??

Gotcha.:up:

So I can count on you being on the "Tua temper tantrum" list. Looking forward to your complaining for the next 5-15 years if we don't get him??

Gotcha.:up:
This is what drives me nuts. This EXACT SAME SCENARIO happened in 2011. We ended up with Tannehill instead of Luck because we decided to "let the chips fall where they may", like all the anti-tankers are always talking about.

I learned my lesson. Have you?

I learned my lesson. Have you?

The only lesson learned from Tannehill thing is, get the best available QB. That was Wilson, that was Foles, that was then Cousins. And second, if you draft Tannehill and he isn't performing, do not extend him and in the meantime, be on a lookout for a QB. Don't do nothing and keep dishing out out money like it's going out of style.

The only lesson learned from Tannehill thing is, get the best available QB. That was Wilson, that was Foles, that was then Cousins. And second, if you draft Tannehill and he isn't performing, do not extend him and in the meantime, be on a lookout for a QB. Don't do nothing and keep dishing out out money like it's going out of style.

yup

I get it. Six months of sucky Miami Dolphins play that allows us to get an elite QB who may provide real entertainment for the next decade plus is certainly not as enjoyable as being a mediocre 7-9 for the umpteenth time and assuring that we stay around .500 with no Super Bowls or even playoff victories for the next decade.

I'm sick of the last 20+ years of the Dolphins being competitively irrelevant. The only time we see them being discussed is because of our dysfunction. I want better, and I'm willing to suck for a year to get it. My only question is whether the current coaching staff has the guts to do it or whether they'll mess it up and give us yet another 3-5 years of BS mediocrity?

Last edited:
I get it. Six months of sucky Miami Dolphins play that allows us to get an elite QB who may provide real entertainment for the next decade plus is certainly not as enjoyable as being a mediocre 7-9 for the umpteenth time and assuring that we stay around .500 with no Super Bowls or even playoff victories for the next decade.

I'm sick of the last 20+ years of the Dolphins being competitively being irrelevant. The only time we see them being discussed is because of our dysfunction. I want better, and I'm willing to suck for a year to get it. My only question is whether the current coaching staff has the guts to do it or whether they'll mess it up and give us yet another 3-5 years of BS mediocrity?

You have made your point.

I disagree.

Let's just watch this season and see how it unfolds. There isn't that much we can do to control it anyway.

Agreed. I'm used to seeing the Miami Dolphins basking in glory. I want to return to it. I'll be happy no matter how we get there. But I can't sign off on any more mediocrity without a heavy dose of real optimism and hope that THESE PLAYERS and THIS COACH can get to the Super Bowl. Currently, this is not the case. If we go mediocre it's not this year that I'll get very negative about it … it's next year when we're in the same situation without hope of finding that QB.

Since the firing of Adam Gase, it seems every member of the local media is in Tank for Tua mode. I wonder if these people realize what kind of message this sends. To me it sends the message to the coaches that they will get a pass in 2019 even if they show they are incompetent. It sends the message to the players that they don't have to go out there and give 100%. They should save their bodies for 2020. Above all, it sends the message that the local media here and the fans HAVE NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
This losing culture that has developed here in South Florida has been extremely frustrating. And the media along with many of our fans are to blame for this. If the Dolphins want to start over with a young team of players they draft and not overpay for players, fine. But for the media to suggest tanking, means they want the team to go out there and play the game just to play and not win. If the Miami Dolphins try to pull that nonsense, I hope the commissioner strips them of their first round pick. I'm serious about that.
I agree with much of your statement except that I do not believe we will need the commissioner to step in. I am not sure many fans here know what they are asking for. Hope you and I are wrong of course. My concern is how good of coach or GM we end up with. That's what makes a successful club not just a player who could be a dud or just get hurt.

Yes. It's a cycle you have to break out of. There's a time to be a homer and a time to see things as they are ... and the time to be a homer is when you're consistently making the playoffs.
6d1b1b584d2d69b2324cffa03b7be4d6_400x400.jpeg

There are other times to be Homer.

tenor.gif

There are several ways to acquire a QB.

Having a top 3 pick makes it much easier, and less costly.

Do I want to see us lose? No. Do I want us to get a great QB? Yes.

I won't root for losses, but I sure as hell won't complain about them.

Back
Top Bottom