All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All This Tanking Talk Is Sickening!!!

I'm saying Tanking isn't going to happen ( you know the main reason for this OP) so it's irrelevant. I'm not set on any of next years QB's. I was using examples which didn't seem to help you I guess.

You're so set on Tua, you probably wont even consider any other college QB. I'm going to enjoy college ball and watch the other top QB's that we have a chance of getting and make up my mind who we realistically have a chance for and not have a temper tantrum if we dont get Tua.
Many people here seem absolutely certain that Tua will make 1st team all-pro for ten years or something. He has another year to play,many things could change in that time. Also, he would hardly be the first very highly touted QB to lay an egg in the NFL. Not saying this will happen, but a lot of this seems really premature to me.

I agree with much of your statement except that I do not believe we will need the commissioner to step in. I am not sure many fans here know what they are asking for. Hope you and I are wrong of course. My concern is how good of coach or GM we end up with. That's what makes a successful club not just a player who could be a dud or just get hurt.
Dude that guy would have the Commish strip us of our number one pick - enough said

Since the firing of Adam Gase, it seems every member of the local media is in Tank for Tua mode. I wonder if these people realize what kind of message this sends. To me it sends the message to the coaches that they will get a pass in 2019 even if they show they are incompetent. It sends the message to the players that they don't have to go out there and give 100%. They should save their bodies for 2020. Above all, it sends the message that the local media here and the fans HAVE NO FREAKING STANDARDS!!!
This losing culture that has developed here in South Florida has been extremely frustrating. And the media along with many of our fans are to blame for this. If the Dolphins want to start over with a young team of players they draft and not overpay for players, fine. But for the media to suggest tanking, means they want the team to go out there and play the game just to play and not win. If the Miami Dolphins try to pull that nonsense, I hope the commissioner strips them of their first round pick. I'm serious about that.
I agree with you, the coaches have to coach up the players we have and teach them to fight for every play to instill a winning culture. I don’t care how many games this teams wins, I care how hard they compete. Just because we will have a ton of cap room and lots of picks doesn’t equal wins in 2020, what we do now and how we teach this team to fight will do more than allowing them to accept mediocrity for a season. With that said I don’t believe this or any coaching staff will allow their team to go out and acquiesce to the team on the other side of the ball. This is a great time to get rid of those overpriced contracts and move on from decent players making playmaker money, draft and develop young talent and find quality FA through proper research and scheme fit to build depth and a competitive base.

The only lesson learned from Tannehill thing is, get the best available QB. That was Wilson, that was Foles, that was then Cousins. And second, if you draft Tannehill and he isn't performing, do not extend him and in the meantime, be on a lookout for a QB. Don't do nothing and keep dishing out out money like it's going out of style.

He was performing when extended better than all you mention
2015 he was the 8th rated QB
Continued performing until injury

I agree with you, the coaches have to coach up the players we have and teach them to fight for every play to instill a winning culture. I don’t care how many games this teams wins, I care how hard they compete. Just because we will have a ton of cap room and lots of picks doesn’t equal wins in 2020, what we do now and how we teach this team to fight will do more than allowing them to accept mediocrity for a season. With that said I don’t believe this or any coaching staff will allow their team to go out and acquiesce to the team on the other side of the ball. This is a great time to get rid of those overpriced contracts and move on from decent players making playmaker money, draft and develop young talent and find quality FA through proper research and scheme fit to build depth and a competitive base.
Well said.

Back
Top Bottom