All time hardest hitting Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All time hardest hitting Dolphin?

calmrage

Calmrage A.K.A. Jay Lawrence
Reaction score
I say the hardest hitting Dolphin all time is my favorite Dolphin all time. The guy who went to the sideline on MNF and challenged the whole Bengals bench to a fight during his rookie year. The guy who gave Buffalo the #1 sign. Oh Yeah, BRIAN COX!

you have a valid candidate in BCox...he was volatile, how many guy's had to have Mean Joe as a babysitter

calmrage said:
Yeah, I loved Oliver too but, Cox was such a bad _ _ _!

Yeah I think thats the deal. He had the persona but didnt just level people that often.

Glenn or Lyle Blackwood, the Bruise Brothers, are candidates. But, I'd have to go with John Offerdahl. I doubt Cox would even be in my top 10. Among LB's, Offerdahl, Thomas, Bob Brudzinski, AJ Duhe, and Larry Gordon were all bigger hitters than Cox.

I remember that hit Zach put on Shawn Jefferson, but I would say Louis Oliver has my vote.

On defense, I'd vote for Offerdahl hands down and on offense, my vote goes to Csonka. I can't remember how many times I watched Csonka, the football held tight against his body, lower head and square his shoulders, and bowl defensive back over (or drag them down field).

Celtkin said:
On defense, I'd vote for Offerdahl hands down and on offense, my vote goes to Csonka. I can't remember how many times I watched Csonka, the football held tight against his body, lower head and square his shoulders, and bowl defensive back over (or drag them down field).

I can, not enough. Damn Ol' Joe for all time for not pulling out his wallet on this one. How intense would the Pittsburg rivalry have been had we somehow kept them.

cnc66 said:
I can, not enough. Damn Ol' Joe for all time for not pulling out his wallet on this one. How intense would the Pittsburg rivalry have been had we somehow kept them.

So true :lol:

Celtkin said:

I love the fact that the ZONK got mentioned in this thread. Was one of the most punishing runners ever. As far as Cox, he gets bonus points because not all of his hits were made while the play was still going on.

Back
Top Bottom