all uk finfans

ROADRUNNER

0.1% native american & 0.1% filipino
Club Member
Reaction score
looks like we will not see any of the draft on sky tv,
looks like there not picking it up.
and c5 are not showing any nfl this year,
say it aint so, tell me im wrong, just took 3 days off for the draft.

Dude that really sucks!!!

Cant believe Sky would not cover it this year after they did last year.

What do we do now???????

i was on skysports.com/nfl and they were all talking about it,
they were waiting for someone to get back to them, it looks bad for us here in the uk.

This is from nfluk................

Highlights of the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft will be shown on Sky Sports on Sunday April 26th, as the 32 NFL teams go through the process of selecting the top college players.

The 2009 NFL Draft takes place on Saturday April 25th and Sunday April 26th, with the first two rounds on Saturday and the remaining five rounds taking place on Sunday.

If you want to find out where the top college prospects in this year's draft - including Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford, Baylor offensive tackle Jason Smith, Wake Forest Linebacker Aaron Curry and Texas Tech wide receiver Michael Crabtree - will be playing when the 2009 NFL season rolls around, all will be revealed on Saturday April 25th.

Sky Sports will air the best moments of the first day of the 2009 NFL Draft in a two-hour highlights show, with four showings on Sunday 26th April:

Sunday April 26th - 8:00 am, Sky Sports Xtra
Sunday April 26th - 12:00 pm, Sky Sports 3
Sunday April 26th - 5:00 pm, Sky Sports Xtra
Sunday April 26th - 9:00 pm, Sky Sports Xtra

Although there will not be live televised coverage of the 2009 NFL Draft in the UK, fans that wish to watch the entire draft can watch the whole thing on NFL.com, which will be streaming the NFL Network's coverage live on the internet.

On Saturday April 25th NFL.com's live coverage will begin streaming 8:30pm GMT, covering 30 minutes of build-up before the Detroit Lions make the first pick in the draft. Live coverage of the second day of the draft - from the start of the third round - will kick-off at 3:00pm GMT.

To watch NFL.com's live coverage of the 2009 NFL Draft, simply go to http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/live/landing from 8:30pm on Saturday April 25th

This is from nfluk................

Highlights of the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft will be shown on Sky Sports on Sunday April 26th, as the 32 NFL teams go through the process of selecting the top college players.

The 2009 NFL Draft takes place on Saturday April 25th and Sunday April 26th, with the first two rounds on Saturday and the remaining five rounds taking place on Sunday.

If you want to find out where the top college prospects in this year's draft - including Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford, Baylor offensive tackle Jason Smith, Wake Forest Linebacker Aaron Curry and Texas Tech wide receiver Michael Crabtree - will be playing when the 2009 NFL season rolls around, all will be revealed on Saturday April 25th.

Sky Sports will air the best moments of the first day of the 2009 NFL Draft in a two-hour highlights show, with four showings on Sunday 26th April:

Sunday April 26th - 8:00 am, Sky Sports Xtra
Sunday April 26th - 12:00 pm, Sky Sports 3
Sunday April 26th - 5:00 pm, Sky Sports Xtra
Sunday April 26th - 9:00 pm, Sky Sports Xtra

Although there will not be live televised coverage of the 2009 NFL Draft in the UK, fans that wish to watch the entire draft can watch the whole thing on NFL.com, which will be streaming the NFL Network's coverage live on the internet.

On Saturday April 25th NFL.com's live coverage will begin streaming 8:30pm GMT, covering 30 minutes of build-up before the Detroit Lions make the first pick in the draft. Live coverage of the second day of the draft - from the start of the third round - will kick-off at 3:00pm GMT.

To watch NFL.com's live coverage of the 2009 NFL Draft, simply go to http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/live/landing from 8:30pm on Saturday April 25th

Cheers for the update Ron.

Do not understand why they will not show it live yet show highlights a day later. Hope this is not a sign of things to come from Sky regarding their NFL coverage.

Sky's coverage of the draft has always been hit and miss some years live others delayed, NASN did a good job of it 3/4 years ago before it went to sky. On the subject of C5 not doing any coverage this year i guess it was on the cards, hopefully sky pick up Mike Carlson

Cheers for the update Ron.

Do not understand why they will not show it live yet show highlights a day later. Hope this is not a sign of things to come from Sky regarding their NFL coverage.

apparently they had already had "other events" scheduled in so couldnt show it live - i read a piece that said despite not having a contract to show the draft live the fact they are showing highlights shows they are "very committed" to their nfl coverage - or something along those lines.

NFL.com will be streaming it, but last year there were a lot of problems, so it may require a decent sized broadband.

Hopefully they will have learned from last year and made the stream better.

Even so it's annoying to try and watch it on your PC when we've had at least some live coverage in the past few years.

With 4 sports channels and red buttion option, I still can't believe Sky aren't showing it for 'scheduling' reasons.

With 4 sports channels and red buttion option, I still can't believe Sky aren't showing it for 'scheduling' reasons.

my thoughts exactly - especially when ive looked at their sports calendar and the only events of note are scottish cup semi finals (football- afternoon kickoffs) guinness rugby final (afternoon) and speedway (evening).

if the draft hadn't been moved later i could see a reasoning - but surely the later start would only have helped their scheduling (9pm uk instead of 5pm)

Scottish cup semi on the saturday is 12:30 kick off , sundays game (with my team Falkirk) is not being televised so neither semi would interfere with the draft . last year i watched the 1st round on sky then watched espn draft traker , which wasn't a live feed but was pretty good ,

Just great -they should let NASN have it. Rather listen on radio than try and get it streamed on nfl.com

Emaraldfin - wish you would change that avatar - on here as i'm trying not to think about the soap opera that is the mags !!

Just great -they should let NASN have it. Rather listen on radio than try and get it streamed on nfl.com

Emaraldfin - wish you would change that avatar - on here as i'm trying not to think about the soap opera that is the mags !!

:D

Just cant get away from it dude. Has been a pure nightmare and the season cant end soon enough (with us staying up that is). Big game against Spurs tomorrow, which I think we can win considering we have a great record against Spurs over the last few seasons and the Stoke game showed Shearer is on the right track.

Just hope Shearers appointment did not come too late.

well guys found something for you.........
go to www.my p2p.eu and they are doing it live.
2030-2300 so enjoy........

Back
Top Bottom