Allen Bradford and Shane Vereen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen Bradford and Shane Vereen

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but these are two running backs I am very high on. Bradford has a boat load of potential, with a rare mix of size and speed, while Vereen just jumps out at me with talent as a runner.

I would be very excited if we got one or both of these guys during the draft. Thoughts?

I spoke to Bradford and Miami spent time with him in Indy. He's up around 240lbs but has no instincts whatsoever. Vereen is a good, under the radar type.

I liek the combo of Ryan Williams (speed) and Daniel Thomas (power) as a two back tandem in round 2 and 3 respectively.

I liek the combo of Ryan Williams (speed) and Daniel Thomas (power) as a two back tandem in round 2 and 3 respectively.

I don't see Ryan Williams having any more speed than Ingram or Leshoure. Leshoure ran a tad faster in the 40, and Ingram just a few ticks slower. If you want speed, you get a guy like Vereen or D'rell Scott (spelling?). If you want an all around back, you take Leshoure, Williams, or Ingram. I happen to be in love with Leshoure, as he is bigger and slightly faster than Ingram, and posses a good amount of power too. I just worry about Ingram being too slow to make every kind of run. If we have a back that can only run inside, we will have trouble running the ball. We need a back that can take plays up the middle, stretch plays to the outside, and quick tosses that set the edge.

I think bang for your buck, Shane Vereen will be a very solid pickup.

I don't see Ryan Williams having any more speed than Ingram or Leshoure. Leshoure ran a tad faster in the 40, and Ingram just a few ticks slower. If you want speed, you get a guy like Vereen or D'rell Scott (spelling?). If you want an all around back, you take Leshoure, Williams, or Ingram. I happen to be in love with Leshoure, as he is bigger and slightly faster than Ingram, and posses a good amount of power too. I just worry about Ingram being too slow to make every kind of run. If we have a back that can only run inside, we will have trouble running the ball. We need a back that can take plays up the middle, stretch plays to the outside, and quick tosses that set the edge.

I think bang for your buck, Shane Vereen will be a very solid pickup.

I think the 20-yard shuttle (Vereen - slower than williams, Williams 4.18) and 3 cone drill (Vereen 6.95, Williams 9.69) do a better job of showing quickness and nfl "speed". A running back needs to accelerate off a cut not a straight line. I think these are a better judge of speed as opposed to the infamous 40 yard dash.

Ryan Williams has the speed. Trust me.

I think the 20-yard shuttle (Vereen - slower than williams, Williams 4.18) and 3 cone drill (Vereen 6.95, Williams 9.69) do a better job of showing quickness and nfl "speed". A running back needs to accelerate off a cut not a straight line. I think these are a better judge of speed as opposed to the infamous 40 yard dash.

Ryan Williams has the speed. Trust me.

Yea, but can he kick the infamous injury bug that has haunted his entire football career.

I spoke to Bradford and Miami spent time with him in Indy. He's up around 240lbs but has no instincts whatsoever. Vereen is a good, under the radar type.

I like Bradfod but I'm not sure about Vereen. Good to see that we spent time with Bradford.

Give me Vereen in the 4th and Dion Lewis in the 5th - Lightning and lightning!!!

Then use on of the 7ths for some thunder - like Bradford.

Back
Top Bottom