Allen did not suck for 2 years - Stop using that excuse for Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen did not suck for 2 years - Stop using that excuse for Tua

And here is how the bad argument starts.

Meaningless stats.

The quick passes to open receivers mean nothing to me. What are his ELITE traits? What does he do when the game is on the line?

Last 5 possessions:

PUNT
INTERCEPTION
TD
PUNT
TURNOVER ON DOWNS
I remember my first Dolphins game too…

In 1976.

Remember Marino? You’ve probably read about him. Best passer ever played. I know because I watched him do it, live and in color.

So there’s your QB, cannot improve upon him.

You oughta have seen the SB parties those Dolphins….oh, wait….

They didn’t have any? With a QB that good????

Hmmmm…….

Maybe, just MAYBE….

…takes a helluva lot more than just a good QB…

Then I suggest you go suck his *ick and become a JiLLLLs fan. It took him his 3rd year to become elite you know and I know it. The JiLLLLs are only good because they have a good team not just JA and good coach. But, it won't matter they will crumble in the playoffs trust me. The JiLLLLs will never win a Super Bowl ever.
He already is and maybe does (not sure).

I’ve noticed that people like to defend Tua by saying “Give him time. Allen sucked for 2 years too”.

No. He. Did. Not.

Rookie year: He struggled his rookie year but he flashed greatness. I’m not talking about winning games or stringing together a few drives. I’m talking about flashing ELITE skills. Doing things that only Rodgers and a couple other QB’s can do. I’m talking about hurdling a pro-bowl LB in his second game. Throwing frozen ropes 50+ yards downfield while two defenders are sandwiching him. Throwing dimes on the run because his line let defenders come right through. Yes, he struggled, but he also flashed a skill set that Tua simply doesn’t have.

Second Year: 3,800 total yards, 30 total TD’s, 9 INT and went to the playoffs. In what universe is that sucking? A lot of it was his legs, but that’s part of Allen’s game. He didn’t suck. At all.

I know this won’t stop people from saying it, but at least they’ll know full-well that they’re full of crap when they say it.

I’m on record saying it and i’ll say it again. I truly believe the Dolphins have a good roster and a good coach. I really do. I think you’ll regret firing Flo if that’s what they end up doing.

If Flo perfect? No. Is the roster perfect? No. But if they had an elite QB, I think the Dolphins are a contender. I think the Dolphins are one of those teams that can become great very quickly (over one off-season) by simply upgrading QB and a couple positions.
30 TD????? Looks like 20 to me with 58%completion rate....yup amazing

Tua was throwing to Jakeem Grant, Preston Williams, and Lynn Bowden...
Remember when we put Bowden on IR for the entire year when his injury didn't need it so we could roll with Wilson, Williams and Parker?

Yeah, I thought that was brain dead then too....

Some people don't understand that you can't out play horrible coaching. I guarantee I can make Rodgers look like Geno Smith if I were coaching.

I’ve noticed that people like to defend Tua by saying “Give him time. Allen sucked for 2 years too”.

No. He. Did. Not.

Rookie year: He struggled his rookie year but he flashed greatness. I’m not talking about winning games or stringing together a few drives. I’m talking about flashing ELITE skills. Doing things that only Rodgers and a couple other QB’s can do. I’m talking about hurdling a pro-bowl LB in his second game. Throwing frozen ropes 50+ yards downfield while two defenders are sandwiching him. Throwing dimes on the run because his line let defenders come right through. Yes, he struggled, but he also flashed a skill set that Tua simply doesn’t have.

Second Year: 3,800 total yards, 30 total TD’s, 9 INT and went to the playoffs. In what universe is that sucking? A lot of it was his legs, but that’s part of Allen’s game. He didn’t suck. At all.

I know this won’t stop people from saying it, but at least they’ll know full-well that they’re full of crap when they say it.

I’m on record saying it and i’ll say it again. I truly believe the Dolphins have a good roster and a good coach. I really do. I think you’ll regret firing Flo if that’s what they end up doing.

If Flo perfect? No. Is the roster perfect? No. But if they had an elite QB, I think the Dolphins are a contender. I think the Dolphins are one of those teams that can become great very quickly (over one off-season) by simply upgrading QB and a couple positions.
He definitely wasn’t better than Tua in 12 starts. But you want to compare his first 28 starts to Tua’s first 12 starts? And you want to brag about his superior overall numbers? And Tua wasn’t even 100% for his first 9 starts. GTFOH.

Go start to start if anything. Tua is already better. 18tds 7ints vs Allen’s 18tds 12ints. Tua 2500yds 64% comp vs Allen 2600yds 59% comp. You say Allen didn’t suck but Tua sucks but the numbers don’t fit your argument. If you take away the rushing stats Allen looks much worse after 12 starts. 10tds 12ints and 2000 yds vs 14tds 7ints 2400yds for Tua. I’m not trying to bash Allen, I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy.

He definitely wasn’t better than Tua in 12 starts. But you want to compare his first 28 starts to Tua’s first 12 starts? And you want to brag about his superior overall numbers? And Tua wasn’t even 100% for his first 9 starts. GTFOH.

Go start to start if anything. Tua is already better. 18tds 7ints vs Allen’s 18tds 12ints. Tua 2500yds 64% comp vs Allen 2600yds 59% comp. You say Allen didn’t suck but Tua sucks but the numbers don’t fit your argument. If you take away the rushing stats Allen looks much worse after 12 starts. 10tds 12ints and 2000 yds vs 14tds 7ints 2400yds for Tua. I’m not trying to bash Allen, I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy.

And this is where the meaningless stats come in.

No one cares about Tua’s stats while throwing dinky slants to open receivers.

He needs elite skills. What are his elite skills? He doesn’t have them. Have you seen Trubiskys stats? They actually look good at first glance. But he’s not.

Remember when we put Bowden on IR for the entire year when his injury didn't need it so we could roll with Wilson, Williams and Parker?

Yeah, I thought that was brain dead then too....
Bowden, Perry, they all have 6th receiver talent in this league. Just a body.

Did you watch last year?
Yes, I did. They won one game against a playoff team, and then got rid of some starters from that roster.

Got anything else to support your belief that the Dolphins have a good roster?

And this is where the meaningless stats come in.

No one cares about Tua’s stats while throwing dinky slants to open receivers.

He needs elite skills. What are his elite skills? He doesn’t have them. Have you seen Trubiskys stats? They actually look good at first glance. But he’s not.
Tua completed 7 passes over 20 yards today. 1 was called back because of a OPI call. I say that’s pretty good coming off of busted ribs. I expect his play to continue to improve.

Back
Top Bottom