Allen Hurns signs 2 year extension | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen Hurns signs 2 year extension

I'm confused why so many people think this is a big extension or a lot of money?

3.27mil guaranteed.... means this is more likely a 2 yr/$4-5mil contract ($8mil assuming he has big production which the team would be happy to pay).

I mean, this guy is like a good #4 WR... and if you're paying your #4 WR $2.5mil/year is that really something to cry about?

This team already had four WR's under contract for 2020 and this is a team with probably 130 mil in cap space and over a dozen draft picks. Why the fuggin hail would you sign a guy to a two year deal who has done nothing remarkable or even significant in any way,shape,manner, or form??????????????????????????

What the hell are you thinking?????

Grier is a drug addict or something. Maybe he was our old OL coach's connection.

Allen Hurns is an NFL caliber receiver who once performed at a very high level. I don't think he'll ever be 1,000 yard receiver again but I've got no problem with him being on the roster the next few seasons. To field an actual contending roster we're gonna have to replace the bulk of the guys out on the field and this is one less guy. The contract is essentially peanuts and on top of that, we probably won't be retaining Wilson.

Bit surprised on the timing, thought we might wait to the end of the season to see what he and the other WR's accomplish and so keep our options open. ie Draft/FA.
Were there other suitors for his services when we signed him?

I doubt many thought he'd be able to play football this soon after his foot being turned the wrong direction on national TV in a playoff game.

Hurns turned 28 on Nov 12.

He isn't old. He's actually in the prime of a WRs career. He may well play out the entirety of this cheap contract for us.

Nobody is asking - what is the impact he has in the lockeroom? Does he prepare and perform in team meetings as Flores expects? If so, this shouldn’t be a surprising signing. You want to reward people in the locker room who act and play how the administration expects.

Nobody is asking - what is the impact he has in the lockeroom? Does he prepare and perform in team meetings as Flores expects? If so, this shouldn’t be a surprising signing. You want to reward people in the locker room who act and play how the administration expects.
I would not be surprised if this was behind the Jesse Davis extension as well.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I'm positive Grier didn't just wake up yesterday morning and say "what the hell, let's throw some $ to this random guy".

He obviously discussed it with Flores. I would imagine a lot of it has to be attitude in the locker room, and ability to grasp/execute what is being asked of him, in a precise manner.

It's really not huge money by todays standards.

I can still see us drafting a WR for several reasons. First, Williams has a long road ahead to get back to 100%. Parker has played better this year but you never know with him and his injuries. Wilson and Grant might be gone after this year and last but not least, we can use a top speed guy, specially if Wilson and Grant are gone. I don't see us drafting on in the first round but with such a deep WR class I can see us drafting one in the 2nd round.

I can still see us drafting a WR for several reasons. First, Williams has a long road ahead to get back to 100%. Parker has played better this year but you never know with him and his injuries. Wilson and Grant might be gone after this year and last but not least, we can use a top speed guy, specially if Wilson and Grant are gone. I don't see us drafting on in the first round but with such a deep WR class I can see us drafting one in the 2nd round.
I agree. I do think Grant sticks and we get a bounce back year from him in terms of big plays once we put a real offense on the field.

I have to assume this has something to do with his locker room presence as well. He could just be a good veteran to have around with the time of leadership we are looking for and can still produce. That could make some sense to me since we are going to be getting very young very quickly.

There are multiple reasons for this signing.

• He is a dependable receiver that converts 3rd down for us at a reasonable rate.
  • He runs the correct routes. Not afraid to take a hit.
  • Excellent example for the young receivers.

Back
Top Bottom