Allen Hurns signs 2 year extension | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen Hurns signs 2 year extension

It’s not the money - just surprised that he’s been targeted as someone we want to keep around.

I would suggest that it's more of a 'want first dibs upon' thing.

At that price, he is cuttable, and the 'Phins have not been afraid to hand out mild pay upgrades to guys who are going to start. Which, if you think, about it, is a sign to the entire team that they'll pay you fairly.

One of the things I hate about other Dolphin fans is the moment a player actually gets paid the fans start hating you. Doesn't matter how good you are, people always worried about whether the player is "worth it" like they are actually paying the contract themselves.

One of the things I hate about other Dolphin fans is the moment a player actually gets paid the fans start hating you. Doesn't matter how good you are, people always worried about whether the player is "worth it" like they are actually paying the contract themselves.

He had 170 yards receiving coming in to today. Saying that he is easily replaceable is an understatement. But Grier extended him. Grier has no clue wtf he is doing.

He had 170 yards receiving coming in to today. Saying that he is easily replaceable is an understatement. But Grier extended him. Grier has no clue wtf he is doing.

When you've got to stock an NFL roster with 53 players, and like ten of the ones you have are NFL caliber, nobody is easily replaceable. Sure, you can find a similar receiver in the draft or maybe FA. But that's a draft pick you need somewhere else. That's FA energy and time you need to spend somewhere else.

God help board favorites like Biegel or Needham if they ever sign a second contract. When you're nothing you make two plays the board writes you into the pro bowl. Once you have a second contract only the mistakes will be seen. Quite a disparity.

Back
Top Bottom