Alliance Of American Football To Launch A Year Before New Xfl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alliance Of American Football To Launch A Year Before New Xfl

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
While Vince McMahon promises to bring back a revamped XFL in 2020, Charlie Ebersol, who is a son of McMahon's partner in the previous doomed XFL venture, Dick Ebersol, said his football league will come first. And some big NFL names will be involved.

In New York City on Tuesday, Charlie Ebersol, who directed a documentary on the XFL that aired last year as part of ESPN's 30 for 30 series, announced that his league, called the Alliance of American Football, plans to debut on Feb. 9, 2019, the week after Super Bowl LIII. The season will run 10 weeks and will have 50-man teams.

To help him steer the league, Ebersol brought on former NFL general manager Bill Polian, currently an analyst for ESPN. The player side will be overseen by former Pro Bowl Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, while the team side will be guided by former USC standout and executive J.K. McKay.

Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22844453/xfl-documentary-maker-plans-own-football-league

Interesting to see how it'll do. I've always thought the NFL needs something of a D-League for guys that can't cut it and may need more time to grow/mature. NFL Europe had that, but alas, it is no more.

Yeah two leagues trying to compete for a very unrealistic chance of succeeding, doesn't sound like a good business decision. This will come down to who has the most money to spend on rosters in a very limited talent pool.

Yeah two leagues trying to compete for a very unrealistic chance of succeeding, doesn't sound like a good business decision. This will come down to who has the most money to spend on rosters in a very limited talent pool.
That's what I thinking as well.

And the funny thing is both leagues have ties to the XFL and the lessons learned from that as well.

I guess I didn't pay attention to the last article I posted but the name of this new league is Alliance of American Football.

Anyway. They have their first coach.

Spurrier announced this morning that he has accepted a job as head coach of the new Orlando franchise in the Alliance of American Football, a rival league that will begin play in February of 2019.

The announcement was carried live on CBS, which will televise AAF games starting the week after next year’s Super Bowl.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rlando-team-in-alliance-of-american-football/

Back
Top Bottom