Alonzo Mayes (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alonzo Mayes (merged)

If Alonzo Mayes doesnt start for whatever reason,who do you think is best to start?

• Randy McMicheal (Hes a rook but can get it done)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ed Perry (Its time to use him for something other than just long snapping)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jed Weaver (Why else did we re-sign him for)

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Shawn Draper (Give him a 4th chance)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotate 3 of these guys (That should do it)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • None (Time to start looking for a real Tight End)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

badfoot

nonpredictor
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
mayes days are numbered....

Ok im done ... this mayes kid is a blackeye on this team and its time we let it go .....He reminds me of eric green ..tons of talent but never will realize it...Havent we spent about as much time as ya can trying to get this guy to step up ? Now its a friggin ankle injury!!! This guy is a waste of money ,time and I believe his attitude to be very questionable ...Oh i know norvs system needs a te to throw to ..but dammit we cant keep taking guys just cause wannie used to coach them !!! So far todd perry was a dissapointment and mayes is a total wash out .... time to drop the guys with all this so called potential....good bye mr mayes and dont let the door hit you in the arse.

The only bear player worth getting was krutz and we couldnt bring him in .Stop with the chicago connection already...lol

I think Speilman was a good call. Again, Perry was injured and his mother was/is dying of cancer 2000 miles away. Pretty tough to be awesome under those circumstances. What made it even tougher was the fact that Ruddy and Wade also were injured. So he was stuck in trying to pick up their slack as well.

To many little things are beginning to add up with Mayes. Overweight and injury prone is or will be taking its toll on the Miami coaches and working him into Norv's offense.
Has Riermersma been cut by Buffalo yet? He could work well in Norv's offense. I have seen him burn the Dolphin defense too many times. Its time for the Phins to grab him and let him work his magic on other teams.

I'm with you badfoot, this is the last straw....especially when some feel that he is lying about HOW he hurt his ankle.....he said he twisted it severely at home......Pat Jones thinks he did it playing basketball......So, that would make him overwieght, injury prone, and possessing questionable character.......
Explain to me why we need this.....?

Ok muck i will cocede that the book is still open on perry but I really believe that Mayes is a loser and that we dont need this on our team! I think wannie and spielman are trying to hard with this guy because they drafted him. Sometimes you gotta know when to cut your losses and mayes is a loss! I honestly like weaver far more and hes at least played the last two years!...lol

Alonzo Mayes Not

TE Alonzo Mayes went down yesterday with a badly sprained ankle, and will be out of this weeks mini-camp. Alonzo told reporters he did it while jogging. It is unclear when he will return.

Man if this guy cant JOG without hurting himself ..how the heck can the coaches expect him to play football???!!!Time for the big kiss off ! bye bye Mr.Mayes ......as he fades into a trivia question....What te was the biggest bust for the miami dolphins ?Eric Green or alonzo mayes

I put this up so it would go to the news section on the main page. Just trying to keep our news updated for the peeps who don't read the boards. ;)

Alonzo Mayes

If Alonzo Mayes gets cut or injured, who do you think can carry the load?

What's this about D.G.'s back..I thought he was recovered, I don't remember any earlier reports with him having back problems.

• WR Chris Chambers sat out practice with a sore left hamstring. Others who missed were CB Patrick Surtain (wedding), P Mark Royals (prior commitment), DT Larry Chester (broken leg recovery), DT Daryl Gardener (back), S Brock Marion (personal) and WR Sam Simmons (school).

on Mayes

The Dolphins believe Mayes hurt himself playing basketball. Mayes denied that. But tight ends coach Pat Jones smiled and said, ''I suspect it was some of this,'' motioning as if dribbling a basketball.

''We don't have anything in their contract that says they can't play, so what can you do?'' Jones said. ``He could get hurt out here just as easy. You just want them to be responsible.''

This guy is just plain stupid if this is true...he's letting chances slip right through his hard head. Knowing his injury history why would he take any chances??

Could be anything with D.G. Maybe he is just a little sore. During these mini-camps they will hold you out if you have a grass stain on your shorts.

Let's wait and see if anything comes of it before we freak.

EXACTLY.....

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
What's this about D.G.'s back..I thought he was recovered, I don't remember any earlier reports with him having back problems.

• WR Chris Chambers sat out practice with a sore left hamstring. Others who missed were CB Patrick Surtain (wedding), P Mark Royals (prior commitment), DT Larry Chester (broken leg recovery), DT Daryl Gardener (back), S Brock Marion (personal) and WR Sam Simmons (school).

on Mayes

The Dolphins believe Mayes hurt himself playing basketball. Mayes denied that. But tight ends coach Pat Jones smiled and said, ''I suspect it was some of this,'' motioning as if dribbling a basketball.

''We don't have anything in their contract that says they can't play, so what can you do?'' Jones said. ``He could get hurt out here just as easy. You just want them to be responsible.''

This guy is just plain stupid if this is true...he's letting chances slip right through his hard head. Knowing his injury history why would he take any chances??

Once again the guy shows he can't be trusted....in regard to duribility or maturity. Alonzo Mayes is a teaser..nothing more so far in his NFL career. BRING IN A TE THAT CAN PLAY DOLPHINS!

While I like some things about Jed Weaver, his lack of blocking would HURT Ricky Williams rushing effort and that just can't happen. Our TE has to be a do it all type! I'd rather see Konrad moved to TE than see Weaver start!

Back
Top Bottom