Alonzo Mourning forced to retire, needs kidney transplant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alonzo Mourning forced to retire, needs kidney transplant

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
His career is over, I hope the heat retire his number...best of luck 'zo, even though i think what u did (sign with NJ) was stupid...

That sucks. :( I hope he can get a transplant before it is too late. He tried coming back but his health did not cooperate. :( It sucks that his career has to end like this.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
That sucks. :( I hope he can get a transplant before it is too late. He tried coming back but his health did not cooperate. :( It sucks that his career has to end like this.

From what I heard (I'm no doctor) it takes about 10-15 years before you seriously need a kidney transplant once its considered bad.

I must agree...it sucks that his career ends with a controversial decision on who to sign with and then an injury have to end it. I wish the best of luck to Zo and much success to him in the future.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
From what I heard (I'm no doctor) it takes about 10-15 years before you seriously need a kidney transplant once its considered bad.

What you heard is crazy. Obviously every case is different. But it would be nice if people could last 10-15 years once it's determined you need a new kidney. There'd be no waiting lists.

I know a guy that has NO kidney's right now. They had to remove both he was so bad. His kidney's were the size of large grapefruits. He has to heal up for 6 months before they can tough him again.....and he STILL has to wait on the list for a kidney. You can imagine how sick he is without any kidneys. He's on dialysis right now.

The moral of this story.....become an organ donor. Good luck to Zo.

Mourning knew he wasn't going to be the same after he left the game the first time around. He was just tryin gto hold on, a shell of his former self. He was one of the very few big men I liked.

Back
Top Bottom