Alot of these trades are SO STUPID. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot of these trades are SO STUPID.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Think about it.....all these trades are ripoffs.

The Jets trade out of a spot where they could have drafted the best TE in the draft.....so they get Doug Jolley.....is he better than Heath Miller? NO.....but nevermind.......Now the talk is that the Raiders might take Heath Miller if he is there at that spot.......if of course...the CB they want is gone....yet they traded a CB away......IS AL DAVIS ON CRACK?

Minnesota trades the best WR in the league to draft.........The best WR in the college. HUH?

Denver aquirres the whole Browns Defensive Line.......Yet the Broncos were great against the run and had a better pass rush than the Browns.

Darren Howard is being shopped for a 2nd round pick yet if he entered this draft..he would be a top 10 pick.

Alexander and Edge are apparantly not worth more than JJ Arrington and Marion Barber.

and of course....Surtain for the #46 in the draft.

ALL OF THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!!!!

Section126 said:
Think about it.....all these trades are ripoffs.

The Jets trade out of a spot where they could have drafted the best TE in the draft.....so they get Doug Jolley.....is he better than Heath Miller? NO.....but nevermind.......Now the talk is that the Raiders might take Heath Miller if he is there at that spot.......if of course...the CB they want is gone....yet they traded a CB away......IS AL DAVIS ON CRACK?

Minnesota trades the best WR in the league to draft.........The best WR in the college. HUH?

Denver aquirres the whole Browns Defensive Line.......Yet the Broncos were great against the run and had a better pass rush than the Browns.

Darren Howard is being shopped for a 2nd round pick yet if he entered this draft..he would be a top 10 pick.

Alexander and Edge are apparantly not worth more than JJ Arrington and Marion Barber.

and of course....Surtain for the #46 in the draft.

ALL OF THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!!!!

You are ignoring the overriding factor: the salary cap.

Really? I thought it was about getting the best players and winning super bowls....My Bad.

HAH I definitely feel your pain.

And btw if Darren Howard is being shopped for a 2nd round pick, that is pretty interesting...heh. But yeah, it's all about the money.

Rick 1966 said:
Within the system of the cap. Period.
And having players that want to actually be on your team/play for your team/promote good harmony.

Buchanon, Moss, Edge, Alexander all have/had some kind of beef within the organization.

Section126 said:
Really? I thought it was about getting the best players and winning super bowls....My Bad.

Salary cap dude.

Not to mention a lot of those players come with baggage (Moss and his "I'm taking this play off" attitude). No one stays at any job forever - that applies in life and in the NFL.

and let me tell you something Pendejo, Yes, it is all about winning superbowls. but you don't overpay FOR ANYONE and you don't let anyone BUST YOUR CAP. look at the pats. they don't cater to the players and they don't dish out top dollar, and they've won 3 superbowls in 4 years. you see teams like Tennessee who loaded up had 5 great years and 5 great chances, and it came back to bite them in the arse.

i dont care how good they are...NO rookie should get big money just for being the top pick taken. Its ridiculous seeing young 20-23 year olds earning millions and probably not even starting. Its also ridiculous to see Peyton Manning earning 30 million...to throw passes. Doctors dont even make that much money! In the CFL, the salary cap for each team is like 2.5 million...thats more realistic!

Section126 said:

If that were the case we would have New York Yankee equivelant teams in the NFL. The IDEA is to get the best players and win SUper Bowls, the REALITY is you need to get the best player you can AFFORD and try to win super bowls

His Dudeness said:
and let me tell you something Pendejo, Yes, it is all about winning superbowls. but you don't overpay FOR ANYONE and you don't let anyone BUST YOUR CAP. look at the pats. they don't cater to the players and they don't dish out top dollar, and they've won 3 superbowls in 4 years. you see teams like Tennessee who loaded up had 5 great years and 5 great chances, and it came back to bite them in the arse.

Whatever you say, Sopla Tubo.

The Jets trade out of a spot where they could have drafted the best TE in the draft.....so they get Doug Jolley.....is he better than Heath Miller?

Heath Miller can't block his way out of a paper bag. For the Jets to win Pennington has to remain upright. Doug Jolly will atleast block.

NorFlaFin said:
The Jets trade out of a spot where they could have drafted the best TE in the draft.....so they get Doug Jolley.....is he better than Heath Miller?

Heath Miller can't block his way out of a paper bag. For the Jets to win Pennington has to remain upright. Doug Jolly will atleast block.

Randy McMichael cant really block either. But McMichael, along with Heath Miller are more PASSING TE's.

Back
Top Bottom