Alphonso Roundtree | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alphonso Roundtree

I may change my mind and saw that Round Tree makes this team because the Coaching Staff likes him...

Originally posted by Prime Time
Put Roundtree on Price and tell me If he does not get owned.

Worst. Post. Ever.

Put (_______insert starting CB X from 90% of the NFL teams_) on Price and tell me if he doesn't get owned.

We are talking about young developmental talent here, 5th spot CB's ........... not surprisingly VERY good 1st team WRs should beat them like a drum. -- If Chambers/Thompson couldn't beat Ahmad Brooks (hook 'em), Keyou Craver, or Ronyell Whitaker --- I would say they weren't doing their jobs as starting WR's.

Prime Time you will like these two words that I am using towards Largent.

I agree.

We DID put Madison and TBuck on Price and they DID get owned...and Price has done that to Madison before too. That was a mis-step you don't usually see from Madison, but a great play design.

Also, great throw by Doug Johnson. Did anyone notice that? Did anyone else in the audience here feel like when Price got open as soon as the ball was going deep, we just assumed it was going to be an overthrow? We're so used to Fiedler...then another QB steps on the field and tosses it downfield accurately. Go figure.

As I predicted, Doug Johnson looked good. It really looked impressive that we were not giving his receivers much room and he was completing passes...even though they were short. And when the time was right he hit us deep and hard and did it enough to put together a TD drive from 80 yards out. Our D doesn't give a lot of room to make stuff happen, and we put LOTS of pressure on today, but Doug stood in the pocket and delivered. In fact on the long play to Peerless Price for TD...Doug stood strong in the pocket as Jay Williams looped outside JT on a stunt and eventually got around into Doug's face...Doug released the ball just as he throws...TOUCHDOWN, and Doug has the honor of picking himself up right in front of the DE that just plowed him and celebrating the pass. Thats the kinda guy I like on my team.

He really put good velocity on the ball. He looked quite good and could get some money if he performs well this season.

The key is how well Roundtree does on special teams. If he's a killer there, he'll make the 5th CB position.

A few fairly high-probability things could put Doug Johnson in aqua and coral next season...

We're gonna lose either Fiedler or Griese for salary cap reasons. This season could diminish Fiedler's standing if he doesn't show the ability to connect deep and we suffer for it. Then with Griese, we still don't know if he's a second-tier starter or a very experienced, pretty damn good back-up. The point is... WHICHEVER we opt to keep... ain't necessarily God's gift to starting under center, unfortunately.

Where's Sage fit in? Well, he'll want a real shot to start, and it could be here... or it could be somewhere else. He's Norv's project, and Norv's not real likely to be here after this year. Sage would WANT to go with him, and Norv would want the guy who knows his playbook.

Meanwhile, Doug Johnson wants out from behind Vick. I could see us bringing him in and letting him compete. How openly? Well, that would depend on how he does filling in for Vick. But neither JF or BG (whichever we keep) would necessarily have the starting spot assured.

The possibility actually does exist that one year from right now, Doug Johnson gets named our starter. It could happen.

I'd love to see David Garrard come on down as well.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Roundtree was not bad at all tonight. I was pretty impressed, however, I don't think his INT was a great play or anything, it was more like a terrible throw.

youve got to be kidding right? a good play is a good play is a good play. roundtree is making heads turn. he played good last week and now this week. Was buckleys play a good play or was it the QB not really seeing what was there and by rolling out the opposite way so he couldnt throw it right? you could say the same thing about a play like that. the fact is, you either have your guy covered or you dont. roundtree had his guy covered. roundtree's guy hasnt been open at all much these past few weeks. when his reciver caught the ball, it was ussually a timing pattern or the reciever made a leaping grab at the last second, but the coverage was always good.

Originally posted by finfan54

youve got to be kidding right? a good play is a good play is a good play. roundtree is making heads turn. he played good last week and now this week. Was buckleys play a good play or was it the QB not really seeing what was there and by rolling out the opposite way so he couldnt throw it right? you could say the same thing about a play like that. the fact is, you either have your guy covered or you dont. roundtree had his guy covered. roundtree's guy hasnt been open at all much these past few weeks. when his reciver caught the ball, it was ussually a timing pattern or the reciever made a leaping grab at the last second, but the coverage was always good.

finfan54-

I couldn't have said any better myself brother.

:cool:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
We DID put Madison and TBuck on Price and they DID get owned...and Price has done that to Madison before too. That was a mis-step you don't usually see from Madison, but a great play design.

that play had pick written all over it. not a body pick but a pattern pick. seems buckley went inside and wasnt really aware and madison also drifted in space while peerless went endzone.

yeah i have to agree Alphonso looked good out there.....but I say he still needs more work....keep him in the PS.

Back
Top Bottom