Alric Arnett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alric Arnett

next-year

MostHated
Reaction score
6'2" 189 pound WR from west virginia

im a junior at West Virginia and I really like this guy mainly because he has a ton of potential. I would love to get this guy in a later round. i just have a feeling he will have a lot of success in the NFL

here is a good blog about his performance in practice at the east west shrine game.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/EastWest-Shrine-notes-The-pads-are-on.html

I noticed two things about him in practice that I did not like:

1. Suspect hands. Not only did he have trouble hauling in the ball in scrimmage and group situations, but when they did individual type work and "strong hands" drills where other receivers line up next to you and a WRs coach guns the ball at you while the others try and knock it out of your hands, he consistently allowed the ball to be jarred during these drills and sometimes didn't catch it at all.

2. Bad acceleration off the jam. I noticed that on drills where they would either simulate a jam or a player would jam him at the line, he was consistently the slowest to accelerate off the physical contact, making him relatively easy to cover.

His hands looked pretty good in the shrine game, but what was really impressive was his blocking. 6th or 7th round he'd be a good pickup.

Back
Top Bottom