Am I Happy if Fisher? No. Is he better than Tony? ummm, Yes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I Happy if Fisher? No. Is he better than Tony? ummm, Yes

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok so here's my thought. This team is talented enough to succeed as is. Sure they need more players but they dont suck. Tony was not a head coach. Never should have been. As least Fisher can do more with the talent we already have than Soprano could. There have been more Tony Sparano hires in the past than Jim Harbaugh's. It's a crap shoot. It's all about the quarterback.

who cares if hes better than tony? most ppl would be better than tony. . .

im pissed we may miss an opportunity to land that NEXT great HC b/c we are focused on a retread that was never that great in the first place.

typical Dolphins.

who cares if hes better than tony? most ppl would be better than tony. . .

im pissed we may miss an opportunity to land that NEXT great HC b/c we are focused on a retread that was never that great in the first place.

typical Dolphins.

And who is that? and how do you know? Cam Cameron was supposed to be the next great coach. So was Saban. Sparano doesn't count. Hmmm So was Scott Linehan, So was Spagnuolo.

The past is littered with guys who were supposed to be the next best thing. It's a crap shoot. No guarantees.

No matter who we hire... we won't know for 3 to 5 years. And it's easy to judge in hindsight.

But the mentality of the team is we've had college coaches, and coordinators... we have done jack squat.

I have no problem with them entertaining experience.

And who is that? and how do you know? Cam Cameron was supposed to be the next great coach. So was Saban. Sparano doesn't count. Hmmm So was Scott Linehan, So was Spagnuolo.

The past is littered with guys who were supposed to be the next best thing. It's a crap shoot. No guarantees.

No matter who we hire... we won't know for 3 to 5 years. And it's easy to judge in hindsight.

But the mentality of the team is we've had college coaches, and coordinators... we have done jack squat.

I have no problem with them entertaining experience.
I think its actually been a few years since we've had a retread. Dave was our last retread right? well that retread actually got us our last playoff win.

I really think Tony was in over his head, and he learned his lessons from this experience. You have to appreciate his exuberance and the way the team rallied around him. But, some of his decisions during games cost us victories. The time out during the game against New Orleans gave them a second chance when we had them on the ropes. I will never forget that one. There were many more.

I do not like the term "retread". Sometimes a good coach is hired by the wrong franchise.
A change of scenery makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom