Am I missing something???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I missing something????

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I have seen alot of written articles everywhere (not just here) about how the Chiefs may actually win against us...Now , I dont know if this is becuase of their performance last week against the patriots, But the reality is these guys dont scare me at all....Either I think The patsies had a bad day or they just really arent as good as people think they are....But if you look at the Chiefs they should sitting at 0-3 right now, if it wasnt for that helmet toss by the browns........
Sure they have Preist Holmes who I think is one of the best RBs in the league and also underrated , and of course how could I forget one of the best TEs in the league T. Gonzales, but reality is he wont be a factor....not becuase hes hurt but becuase of their QB...I dont think T.Green can play up to par.....If we happened to lose this game...then reality is we are not as good as we think we are....and we are back to point A.....just like before we couldnt beat the jets...if we can win this game then I dont think we can hold on till San Diego.....Unless of course it comes down to the last second or the last play then we can say we had a bad day....but if this game becomes a blow out then its gonna be another playoff apperance and out.

To help give your post substance Bruschi and Milloy both missed last week against the Cheifs. It could be said that it would be doubtfull that they would have scored so many points if the 2 big players and leaders for the pats were on the feild. That being said I still think the Cheifs will give the Dolphins a run for their money.

This is considered a trap game for the Fins, Coming off of a big win against a division rival and before a big division/conference game against a team that we maybe tied for 1st with and fighting for the lead in the division.
So some feel there could be a let down. I don't think there'll be any let down at all. The Fins are a veteran team and from what I've read the team isn't taking Priest Holmes and the Chiefs lightly.

The win against the Jets was great but everyone knew it was coming, and although we were all extremely thrilled the streak ended we also know that it is a weak Jets squad and the feeling was more relief than exhilaration.

What makes me feel better about this not being a trap game is the comments made by the leaders of the Fins like JT, Zack, Jay and Ricky about last week being just a week 3 victory and it's time to move on.

If anyone is dwelling on this it is us fans.

I think you hit it on the head WC...

... because the KC offense was able to light it up so to speak on the Pats D, some think they will have no problem doing the same with a some what injury plagued Dolphins defensive squad.

By the way I'm with you too; I don't see them being able to run it on us like the Priest did against the Pats. We have better interior DL, and I don't think the Priest is the same type of talent as the Edge so the Dolphins will play him a lil bit more in their face D, unlike when they played the Colts.

Oliver...

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I have seen alot of written articles everywhere (not just here) about how the Chiefs may actually win against us...Now , I dont know if this is becuase of their performance last week against the patriots, But the reality is these guys dont scare me at all....Either I think The patsies had a bad day or they just really arent as good as people think they are....But if you look at the Chiefs they should sitting at 0-3 right now, if it wasnt for that helmet toss by the browns........
Sure they have Preist Holmes who I think is one of the best RBs in the league and also underrated , and of course how could I forget one of the best TEs in the league T. Gonzales, but reality is he wont be a factor....not becuase hes hurt but becuase of their QB...I dont think T.Green can play up to par.....If we happened to lose this game...then reality is we are not as good as we think we are....and we are back to point A.....just like before we couldnt beat the jets...if we can win this game then I dont think we can hold on till San Diego.....Unless of course it comes down to the last second or the last play then we can say we had a bad day....but if this game becomes a blow out then its gonna be another playoff apperance and out.

I think the plan will be to shutdown Holmes and force Green to beat them. Even with Surtain out, I think the DBs can handle it. As for the O, the Chefs D is hurting-especially their DBs (who sucked to begin with) so it just might be a career day for Jay.

This is considered a trap game for the Fins, Coming off of a big win against a division rival and before a big division/conference game against a team that we maybe tied for 1st with and fighting for the lead in the division.

Trap game or not.....if we lose we won't be fighting for the division lead next week.... Of course San Diego might beat the Patsies this week but right now we control our own fate, the motivation should be to keep it that way.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Trap game or not.....if we lose we won't be fighting for the division lead next week.... Of course San Diego might beat the Patsies this week but right now we control our own fate, the motivation should be to keep it that way.

Actually, if we beat NE next week, we would be at the top of the division whether Miami loses to KC or not, because although they may be tied with us overall, we would have a better head-to-head % with NE (1.000 as opposed to .000), as well as a better division record (1.000 to .500).

And now that common opponents is the 3rd tie breaker, we do need to beat the same teams that our likely closest rival beats (and hopefully a few they don't) AFC or NFC; so KC is still an important game for us, going forward.

So if Detroit kicks Patsy butt on Thanksgiving at Ford Field, it could be more helpful this year! Go, Lions! :lol:

I really feel it is a little too early to say that one loss will knock us out of the division title race. I don't vthink we will lose this week, but if we do, our season is far from over.

Actually run-ricky-run is correct, even if we lose this week and beat the Pats we could be in 1st place in the division..then common teams, then by points vs commons teams or Afc opponenets. But we much stay focus...we need to beat a afc opponent for nothing else than home field advantage if we make the playoffs...We still need to get better and more consistent.

i look at the chiefs game the same as I looked at Indy. High powered offense No defense. Actually you cant say that with the chiefs because of TRENT "INT" GREEN. The only worry I have is Holmes winning it for them on the ground. If we can hold holmes under 100yds its a shoe in. If runs all over us for 260yds like S. Alexander did to the raiders we're in for a tough day. It's time for T.Bowen, L. Chester, J. Taylor, R. Burnett, Ogun, D. Bowen to step up and do what we pay them to do. STOP THE RUN AND CONTAIN

I think the only reason anybody picks against the Dolphins this week is the feeling that the team may be looking ahead to NE. However, since Wanny took over, I haven't seen the team look past any opponent. I have no reason to believe they would do so now.

That's right but, tie breakers aren't figured until the end of the year.....If we lose to KC then beat New England, we'll put New England in a tie with us or a game back if they lose also, but then we are in a position to lose everything on ONE game against New England late in the year if we lose up there....as many variables as that game could hold, not the least of which could be the weather, I would rather TCB now and have a cushion against another snowplow incident.

Every game is important and has playoff implications, from the first to the last. If you lose to a division team or a conference team, it doesn't matter whether it happened at the beginning of the season or the end, it could still effect you big time. There should be NO letdown games in a 16 game season. They are all crucial to our post season hopes

Originally posted by inFINSible
That's right but, tie breakers aren't figured until the end of the year.....If we lose to KC then beat New England, we'll put New England in a tie with us or a game back if they lose also, but then we are in a position to lose everything on ONE game against New England late in the year if we lose up there....as many variables as that game could hold, not the least of which could be the weather, I would rather TCB now and have a cushion against another snowplow incident.

Every game is important and has playoff implications, from the first to the last. If you lose to a division team or a conference team, it doesn't matter whether it happened at the beginning of the season or the end, it could still effect you big time. There should be NO letdown games in a 16 game season. They are all crucial to our post season hopes
I agree. We've had an edge at the beginning of the season for years and years. We certainly need to make use of it, again. Hopefully, the new personnel and leadership of our veterans (whom know the meter is running) will be the missing pieces to the puzzle, and we'll have a great finish!

Go, Dolphins!

Way to early to be talking about tie breakers. We just need to win. You have to beat the bad teams and KC may have a great running game, but they are not close to a playoff team.

We need this one. Can't ever give away the ones you should win. Every game is vital. One more win last year and things may have been very different for us and the Patriots.

Originally posted by rafael
I think the only reason anybody picks against the Dolphins this week is the feeling that the team may be looking ahead to NE. However, since Wanny took over, I haven't seen the team look past any opponent. I have no reason to believe they would do so now.

Exactly my point and thats the question wcoastfin was asking when he started this thread.
The so called experts that are picking the Chiefs are doing so because of the so called "trap" game for Miami.

To awnser InFinSible,
"Trap game or not.....if we lose we won't be fighting for the division lead next week.... Of course San Diego might beat the Patsies this week but right now we control our own fate, the motivation should be to keep it that way."

I never said the motivation shouldn't be on KC this weak, I was just giving my opinion on why some experts are picking against the Dolphins. I don't think that they think the Chiefs are better but Miami may have a let down, they could also being using the spread and feel Miami may win the game but not cover the spread.

Back
Top Bottom