Am I the only one that cringes at EVERY single trade up scenario ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one that cringes at EVERY single trade up scenario ?

In terms of Detroit I think if they stay at 3 they pounce on okudah

If they stay put
If I’m Detroit I’m not moving any further down than 5-6. There is a drop off imo.
Miami is somewhat hurt in that there isn’t a surefire franchise LT in this draft.
What is keeping NYG at 4?
Willis cmon.

If I’m Detroit I’m not moving any further down than 5-6. There is a drop off imo.
Miami is somewhat hurt in that there isn’t a surefire franchise LT in this draft.
Willis cmon.

I expect the giants or Detroit to drop for a team for a qb. Maybe chargers maybe Carolina. Maybe a dark horse.

I guess I’m saying I expect at least 3 qbs to go top 5.

Nope, because without a QB, you’re dead in the water. All of those shiny picks mean absolutely nothing if you don’t have the most important position settled. When you have a QB, you have the luxury of letting the draft come to you. Miami hasn’t had the luxury in over 20 years.

Amen

Willis cmon.
That depends on what they have in mind. If they want a WR, for example, there will be guys available later.

If the storyline is true, and its a make or break year for thier GM, he won't want future picks. He will want picks this year, and not many teams are in a position to offer them all that much.

They regularly have some of the worse mocks I've seen come from a learned perspective....
I don't put much stock in mocks as a rule, not even the supposed insider experts, but they do a very good job with pre-draft player evals, strenths/weaknesses, etc.

I would have preferred to lose a few more meaningless games rather than having to worry about trading now. But on a serious note, if your scouts and front office are convinced Tua or even Burrow is THE GUY, then you do whatever to get them. If they don't see a huge drop off to Herbert or Love, then just wait. You hired and paid these guys, so you have to trust them

I'd trade whatever was necessary to draft a qb.

Take that for what it is worth. Miami didnt trade a LT and DB to draft another LT and DB.
They didn't plan to trade them, either. You are conveniently ignoring the circumstances surrounding both trades. Therefore, Miami may be be entirely content to simply replace them with the picks we got for them and, perhaps in Tunsil's case, get a little more value.

Not sure how any fan watching the Dolphins of the last 20 years would want to wait even longer for a franchise QB

Nothing wrong with waiting for the RIGHT QB. We thought we had that in Duante Culpepper over Brees at one time, didn't we? I'd prefer to NOT make that mistake again, if we can avoid it.

Firstly, the second bolded comment contradicts the first bolded comment. If he can win with less, why wouldn't he be able to win with a new shiny QB (the most important position in all of sports)

Secondly, did you forget about all of the picks we have in 2021 as well, assuming we don't accumulate anymore on either draft night utilizing a trade down?

Third, have you forgotten about our cap space? The stuff that can be used to fill holes on your team with proven players?

1. Not if … he did … and yes he can with a shiny new QB also … but I am not in step with giving up so much without a better assurance of health … unless you're thinking Burrow … either way I believe Coach Flo can get the most out of whomever is there at 5 AND have his picks to build with.... no contradiction intended ... I believe Flo could get the most out of either situation ... I don't see a prospect out there that I would give up my resources for when I could get better traction and a faster start with the one I pick at 5

2. Haven't forgotten about the picks in 2021 ... the future isn't guaranteed ... the past is a history lesson ... I deal with the present and when I open the present I expect it to work out of the box

3. Nope. Haven't forgotten about the money ... nor have I forgotten how easily it's gone and tied up with "so called" players that splashed on one team only to get paid and lay down ... I find gems in the draft and fill holes in FA with cautious optimism … probably (not necessarily exclusively) with more focus on the lines than skill positions

Thanks for the response ... I will support whatever my team does ... win or lose ... still a fan ... but if they call and ask me I hope they are open to listening lol

Nothing wrong with waiting for the RIGHT QB. We thought we had that in Duante Culpepper over Brees at one time, didn't we? I'd prefer to NOT make that mistake again, if we can avoid it.
not really interested in free agent QBs either. I would like to see them take a chance on a QB at the top of the draft, for once

not really interested in free agent QBs either. I would like to see them take a chance on a QB at the top of the draft, for once

Can't say I'm any more confident about high draft pick OBs, either. Highly picked QB don't seem to benefit teams any more than highly paid free agents do. However, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. I'm hoping we have a better plan and more effective evaluations this time.

Back
Top Bottom