Am I the only one that cringes at EVERY single trade up scenario ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one that cringes at EVERY single trade up scenario ?

That doesn't make any sense. You make it sound like you cornered me and popped holes in my theory. Of course I dont want to trade up for a QB that I dont think I have to trade up for. That would not make sense. I think you will have to trade up for Tua because he's seen in the eyes of most as the better QB. I want the better QB. Go get the QB is my whole idea.
I was only pointing out that you were arguing the wisdom of the dolphins past philosophy, which i would agree, has in many ways been a failure, but you only stand by your philosophy, if it is a specific player.

That doesn't make sense to me.

You said "Go get the QB. Just get the most important position on the team nailed down and all of last year will be easier to take".

You didn't really mean that, if they don't like the same player that you do.

:dead:
And please tell me, behind what OL are we playing Tua?

Because not only do the zealots want to trade up but they want him to start year 1. I mean, how crazy could you possibly be?

Let’s throw the restructured hip into the same situation Fitzpatrick was in last year. How many times did we have to see Fitz start running for his life right from the snap?

That’s the situation you want to put a rookie coming off of an injury in? Behind that OL? Are you smoking crack and can I have some?

So we are gonna wait to draft a QB until Grier builds an oline? Could be a long wait.

I was only pointing out that you were arguing the wisdom of the dolphins past philosophy, which i would agree, has in many ways been a failure, but you only stand by your philosophy, if it is a specific player.

That doesn't make sense to me.

You said "Go get the QB. Just get the most important position on the team nailed down and all of last year will be easier to take".

You didn't really mean that, if they don't like the same player that you do.

What? Yeah my philosophy is go get THE QB. Not just any QB. Im of the opinion that we should fix the oline too but that doesnt mean I want to trade up and take the 4th best tackle when the 2nd and 3rd tackle on my board are still there. That's what you are trying to imply with Herbert. If the Lions or skins take Tua, then I am looking at Love at 5. Not Herbie the love bug.

I'm trading up for Tua because its probably going to be necessary. Love is gonna make it to 5.

So we are gonna wait to draft a QB until Grier builds an oline? Could be a long wait.
[/QUOTE]
Don't you understand, nothing energizes and brings juice to a franchise more than filling all of their so called holes on their roster. :lol: I really can't understand how anyone who has watched this team play since Dan Marino retired wouldn't be excited about the possibility of landing the top QB prospect in this year's draft.

What? Yeah my philosophy is go get THE QB. Not just any QB. Im of the opinion that we should fix the oline too but that doesnt mean I want to trade up and take the 4th best tackle when the 2nd and 3rd tackle on my board are still there. That's what you are trying to imply with Herbert. If the Lions or skins take Tua, then I am looking at Love at 5. Not Herbie the love bug.

I'm trading up for Tua because its probably going to be necessary. Love is gonna make it to 5.
That's fine.

Then just say you want Tua, and only Tua, and forget the rest of the rhetoric.

Love is gonna make it to 5.
He should make it to way later than that cause he's not a first round QB even tho I'll admit some team will reach for him earlier than they should. You'd rather take the guy with the 17 INT's.....ok

He should make it to way later than that cause he's not a first round QB even tho I'll admit some team will reach for him earlier than they should. You'd rather take the guy with the 17 INT's.....ok

That's fine but I will wager a good chuck of cheese that he goes top ten. No way he sniffs the second round. No way.

They didn't plan to trade them, either. You are conveniently ignoring the circumstances surrounding both trades. Therefore, Miami may be be entirely content to simply replace them with the picks we got for them and, perhaps in Tunsil's case, get a little more value.

Lol ok.

That's fine but I will wager a good chuck of cheese that he goes top ten. No way he sniffs the second round. No way.
5 QBs in the top 10?

Possible, I suppose, but not probable, if history is any indication.

Most so called "experts" have him going in the bottom half of the round, for whatever that's worth.

I will say, he does have a unique skill set, if the right team was willing to adjust thier scheme, similar to what the Ravens have done.

oh I agree that he'll go in the first round. Just don't believe he deserves to go there but demand and supply

I have a hard time trading up for a quarterback with a serious injury who may never recover fully. If they really wanted him they should of TANKED like the Bengals did.

For the love of god, PLEASE just KEEP your picks and choose the best available player that fits a need. We gave up extremely valuable, young, cheap assets in Fitz and Tunsil to acquire the additional early picks, why would you piss the bed and give them away just to move up two spots?!!! We know Burrow and Chase Young will be two of the top 4 picks. If Tua is taken ahead of us, then so be it. Take Herbert. Take Love. If you aren't in love with either of them then take the best available player and take a QB next year. Draft a QB later in the draft. There are so many freaking options that do not involve giving away valuable picks. We have many holes to plug and our front office worked hard to acquire the draft picks necessary to plug those holes. Now use them. Don't blow through your cap space to fill them. USE YOUR PICKS on young, talented , hungry, prospects dying to prove themselves and willing to be developed. Trading up has never worked in the past for this team (Dion Jordan , Leonte Caroo to name a couple) and it's not going to work now.

Don't let the media and stupid fans and their obsession with certain players alter your decision making. Do your job.

Keep. The. Picks.

I agree 100%

For the love of god, PLEASE just KEEP your picks and choose the best available player that fits a need. We gave up extremely valuable, young, cheap assets in Fitz and Tunsil to acquire the additional early picks, why would you piss the bed and give them away just to move up two spots?!!! We know Burrow and Chase Young will be two of the top 4 picks. If Tua is taken ahead of us, then so be it. Take Herbert. Take Love. If you aren't in love with either of them then take the best available player and take a QB next year. Draft a QB later in the draft. There are so many freaking options that do not involve giving away valuable picks. We have many holes to plug and our front office worked hard to acquire the draft picks necessary to plug those holes. Now use them. Don't blow through your cap space to fill them. USE YOUR PICKS on young, talented , hungry, prospects dying to prove themselves and willing to be developed. Trading up has never worked in the past for this team (Dion Jordan , Leonte Caroo to name a couple) and it's not going to work now.

Don't let the media and stupid fans and their obsession with certain players alter your decision making. Do your job.

Keep. The. Picks.

Couldn’t agree more!!

Back
Top Bottom