am I wrong to think... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

am I wrong to think...

jreg1

Starter
Reaction score
I was thinking about our division with the three teams we have to play twice would it be a good idea to draft Danny Shelton if he is there and totally shut down the run. Think about it, the jets and bills can't line up and throw the ball 50 times like New England can. We can make them totally one dimensional and force sub par quarterbacks to beat us passing. I understand the needs we have in other areas but can you imagine the lack of running there would be? I understand also that with our corners that might be dicey but I cannot stand having the ball run down our throat!

No....and its possible.

But I think it would be a luxury we can't afford....to many holes elsewhere right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a terrible idea, but I doubt he will even be in the discussion because he's highly unlikely to be there when we pick. Even if he is, I wouldn't be unhappy about the pick since he's a great player. I'd prefer to move down, gain a pick and take Gurley. Hell, I'd even take Gurley at #14. He brings an attitude we need to the offense.

No....and its possible.

But I think it would a luxury we can't afford....to many holes elsewhere right now.

I know but could you imagine constant 2nd and 9's and 3 and 7's...lol

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I would love Gurley! That dude is a beast and runs with bad intentions!

Danny Shelton would be perfect to play next to Suh and I would love to have him, there is 0 chance he will be there though. He is one of my favorite players in the entire draft.

We should draft Danny Shelton for our move to the 3-4 once Mangini is hired next year by Tannenbaum. Perhaps this is the vision everyone is talking about.

Yeah he was a beast at the senior bowl! I saw him up close at practice and man him and Suh would be impossible to run on. They would not be able to send 5 out for passes because of Wake and Vernon coming off of the edge! Wow!!!!!

I would get a corner, or trade down to get the safety and a WR later in the 2nd.

We split with all the teams last season, they need to worry about stopping Brady and the pass.

Danny Shelton would be perfect to play next to Suh and I would love to have him, there is 0 chance he will be there though. He is one of my favorite players in the entire draft.

I think he goes to the Bears at 7.

We should draft Danny Shelton for our move to the 3-4 once Mangini is hired next year by Tannenbaum. Perhaps this is the vision everyone is talking about.

Suh is a 4-3 (3 technique) DT not a 3-4 DE IMO.

I actually think Shelton at 14 is still a move worth considering. It all depends who else is there at that point and what else the Dolphins get in free agency. But having an athletic DT who can collapse the pocket and get after the QB is a rare luxury. Having two guys that can do it playing together can mask for a lot of other deficiencies. The key to beating guys like Brady and Brees and most great QBs is pressure up the middle -- look at the Giants against the Pats in the Super Bowl.

If you have a chance to get an exceptional DT at 14 over a terrific WR in a draft that has a big dropoff at DT but depth at WR, take the exceptional talent. The other things will work themselves out.

I don't think Shelton will be there.

We had a subpar QB in geno smith look like a damn superstar QB the last game against the jets

im starting to open my mind to early pick rb.....maybe im just getting cabin fever in time for draft

I was thinking about our division with the three teams we have to play twice would it be a good idea to draft Danny Shelton if he is there and totally shut down the run. Think about it, the jets and bills can't line up and throw the ball 50 times like New England can. We can make them totally one dimensional and force sub par quarterbacks to beat us passing. I understand the needs we have in other areas but can you imagine the lack of running there would be? I understand also that with our corners that might be dicey but I cannot stand having the ball run down our throat!

So you want to build a team that can beat the Jets and Bills rather than a team that can beat the Pats? I suppose that makes sense if 2nd place is your goal.

Back
Top Bottom