Amari Cooper Traded To Cowboys For A First.......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amari Cooper Traded To Cowboys For A First..........

Philly offered a 2nd, and supposedly Redskins were interested in him too.

I don't like the pick given up, but I just hope it puts pressure on Garrett, Linehan and Dak to step up or get lost.

No excuses now for the inconsistent offensive production.
Even if the O-line isn't the best in the league anymore, I'm sure 20+ teams would take that line any day.

Dak is in a Derek Carr scenario himself. He had one decent season, which caused Jerry to cut Romo and declare Dak the next great franchise QB. Dak is not good though. Jerry is too proud to cut bait this early though.

And today the Giants start to rebuild, trading away Eli Apple. Do the Fins sell off or become buyers?????

And today the Giants start to rebuild, trading away Eli Apple. Do the Fins sell off or become buyers?????
I'm sure Tannenbaum has been on the phone constantly. He's got the fever right now. It's like black friday , he can't resist the urge to get in on the action.

I still believe in Cooper's talent, but I'm hesitant to spend a 1st on a WR. That said, this should help Michael Gallup, who looks ready to emerge. Scott Linehan was a good OC by pre-2010 standards, but he's been mediocre to bad for a while now, and I see that as the main issue with Dallas's offense. Dak is a good deal better than Carr imo, and in addition to having a poor coaching staff, his WR's have been bad for his entire time in Dallas. Dez had already lost a step by the time Dak started, and he never had the polish to overcome a lack of burst.

In today's NFL, a poor OC is too much to overcome. When you look at Goff and Mahomes, the stories of their seasons are consistently wide-open receivers, players who take short passes for big gains, and second chances (because of the former two reasons). If your OC doesn't know how to scheme open receivers, you're fighting with one arm tied behind your back. Of course, both those offenses are very talented - particularly KC - but there are plenty of OC's who would squander that talent. To Goff and Mahomes' credit, there are also plenty of QB's who would squander those situations. They're both very good QB's, but no QB is perfect, and it's the OC's job to increase the margin for error.

Back
Top Bottom