Amazing trade bait could be possible if... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amazing trade bait could be possible if...

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...talk-heats-up-that-vikings-will-go-elsewhere/

As most draft articles are, these are all speculations but the consensus is that the Vikings will take Kalil. What if they choose a guy like Claiborne or Blackmon instead. Could there be a possibility that Kalil falls to us at 8? That would be amazing trade bait. Technically though, any team ahead of us could use this argument but I believe there are actually 6 premiere players. - Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne. Any of the 6 teams ahead of us should not trade out from getting any of these talents. Browns don't need a LT, Bucs have much bigger needs, and the Jags need a playmaker in the worst way, its really just the Rams that could take Kalil if he were to fall but they also desperately need a WR.

My dream scenario...

Colts-Luck
Redskins-Griffin
Vikings-Claiborne
Browns-Blackmon
Bucs- Richardson
Rams- HUGE IF-- Michael Floyd
Jaguars- Quinton Coples

Dolphins could then trade this pick to any team in dire need of a LT as Kalil is the best LT prospect in years (according to some scouts). They could trade with a team like the Cardinals at 13 and get their 1st, 2nd and a 4th or 5th (I don't know the exact point value).
Maybe get a guy like Melvin Ingram in the 1st and then Weeden in the 2nd and then a guy like Brian Quick with our other 2nd pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...talk-heats-up-that-vikings-will-go-elsewhere/

As most draft articles are, these are all speculations but the consensus is that the Vikings will take Kalil. What if they choose a guy like Claiborne or Blackmon instead. Could there be a possibility that Kalil falls to us at 8? That would be amazing trade bait. Technically though, any team ahead of us could use this argument but I believe there are actually 6 premiere players. - Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Kalil, Blackmon, and Claiborne. Any of the 6 teams ahead of us should not trade out from getting any of these talents. Browns don't need a LT, Bucs have much bigger needs, and the Jags need a playmaker in the worst way, its really just the Rams that could take Kalil if he were to fall but they also desperately need a WR.

My dream scenario...

Colts-Luck
Redskins-Griffin
Vikings-Claiborne
Browns-Blackmon
Bucs- Richardson
Rams- HUGE IF-- Michael Floyd
Jaguars- Quinton Coples

Dolphins could then trade this pick to any team in dire need of a LT as Kalil is the best LT prospect in years (according to some scouts). They could trade with a team like the Cardinals at 13 and get their 1st, 2nd and a 4th or 5th (I don't know the exact point value).
Maybe get a guy like Melvin Ingram in the 1st and then Weeden in the 2nd and then a guy like Brian Quick with our other 2nd pick.

I like your thinking, but i feel like Kalil doesnt get past the rams... i still want tannehill, and i feel like he wont drop to 13 or 14

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If Kalil falls to us, we have got to seriously consider taking him as he would absolutely be the BPA at a position of need. With that being said, I would still be very happy with a king's ransom of draft picks for our draft position. Either way, I don't think that Kalil drops that far but would be totally pumped if he did.

thanks. ugh u like tannehill? really?! i watched his games against texas- awful and against KSU- he was pretty bad until the end. He wins against inferior opponents (Idaho, Southern Miss) but couldn't beat the big time schools. He's not a winner in my eyes.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

If Kalil falls to us, we have got to seriously consider taking him as he would absolutely be the BPA at a position of need. With that being said, I would still be very happy with a king's ransom of draft picks for our draft position. Either way, I don't think that Kalil drops that far but would be totally pumped if he did.

Jake Long doesn't come to mind?

That would be an interesting scenario....I would love to trade down there.

Jake Long doesn't come to mind?

Of course I have Jake Long in mind but I have Columbo permanently etched in my nightmares! A pair of bookends like Long and Kalil would have us set for about a decade and would help our offense tremendously. Yeah, Kalil may be projected as a LT but would be an absolute beast at RT and could fill in seamlessly if Long should ever get hurt. Sounds like a winner to me, especially at a #8 contract.

Of course I have Jake Long in mind but I have Columbo permanently etched in my nightmares! A pair of bookends like Long and Kalil would have us set for about a decade and would help our offense tremendously. Yeah, Kalil may be projected as a LT but would be an absolute beast at RT and could fill in seamlessly if Long should ever get hurt. Sounds like a winner to me, especially at a #8 contract.

Thats a waste of talent and athleticism at RT. Thats like putting an elite shutdown CB at free safety. Drafting a Kalil and putting him at RT is overkill and won't make much of an impact in wins and losses. The only scenario where they draft Kalil is if they are planning on trading Long or letting him walk when his contract expires.

i think the vikes take claiborne. the coach is a d minded coach, and they face the packerss twice a year, and megatron twice a year. so they need some good dbs

Back
Top Bottom