Amendola Has A Message For Players Who Weren't Taken In The Nfl Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola Has A Message For Players Who Weren't Taken In The Nfl Draft

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
"I’ll start with the good news for most of you: This definitely doesn’t mean football is over for you. You still have a shot," Amendola wrote. "But here’s the bad news: That’s all you have now. One shot. Moving forward, you don’t need to be perfect but you no longer have the benefit of making the same mistake twice."
He spent his first season on the Dallas Cowboys' practice squad and then opened the 2009 season as a practice squad player for the Philadelphia Eagles, where he built a relationship with then-Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur during the offseason.
A couple weeks into the regular season that year, Amendola received a call from the St. Louis Rams, where Shurmur became the offensive coordinator. They signed him to the active roster. It was his first real chance in the league.
He caught 43 passes for 326 yards and a touchdown in 14 games in that first season. He started two contests in place of the injured Laurent Robertson. It was a modest start, but it was a start nonetheless.
"That’s how fast it can happen," Amendola wrote. "You can think you’re just about at the end of the line, then you go from the extended stay motel to playing in front of 80,000 people. "
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article210214929.html

I hated the signing at first, but now I get it. Danny will be the veteran leader in a very young receiver room, and an extension of the coaching staff, just like Gore, Sitton, and Kilgore in their position groups. There won't be a 5 game losing streak this year.

Last edited:
Bringing in the vets we did makes a lot of sense. The biggest concern is if they are able to stay healthy. At least our wide receiver group has some solid depth. It would be great if Caroo were to step up this year.

I hated the signing at first, but now I get it. Danny will be the veteran leader in a very young receiver room, and an extension of the coaching staff, just like Gore, Sitton, and Kilgore in their position groups. There won't be a 5 game losing streak this year.

You hate 150 yards in the super bowl?

You hate 150 yards in the super bowThel?

Maybe the better phrase would have been I "didn't understand" why we would bring in a 32 year old slot receiver when we had just traded away a 25 year old pro bowl slot receiver.
I can't be the only one here that's first reaction was "Danny Amendola??"
Remember, he was the first free agent we signed. Given the rest of the moves made this off season, it all makes sense now.

Yup I wasn't real excited either when we signed him but I wasn't seeing bigger picture, starting to come around. One could argue we've needed someone like this awhile, unless you think Stills is that guy.

only thing i couldnt understand is why people here werent more excited about the move.

Amendola is a championship caliber player. i think alot of dolphin fans dont even understand what that is.

I can't imagine any of our 2017 WRs writing something like that

Maybe the better phrase would have been I "didn't understand" why we would bring in a 32 year old slot receiver when we had just traded away a 25 year old pro bowl slot receiver.
I can't be the only one here that's first reaction was "Danny Amendola??"
Remember, he was the first free agent we signed. Given the rest of the moves made this off season, it all makes sense now.

Jarvis Landry was not going to be a Dolphin. The options were: With Landry gone, what should we do next? Better Amendola than yet another hapless bottomfeeder with no postseason experience.

Back
Top Bottom