American Pastime? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

American Pastime?

To me, baseball is just as boring in person as it is on TV. Look, where are all the Marlin's fans? The Yankee stadium is always full of their fans. But you pick any NFL team and set them against our Dolphins any day of the year and it will probably be sold out, especially now that most of us are really phening for some football. Baseball is dead, at least in the deep south...

Originally posted by Rrodr038

Um, you can hit a fastball thrown at 90mph down the middle? I doubt it...try going to batting cages and do it...it is not that easy. Not to mention hitting curve balls, change ups, sliders, splitfingers, screwballs all placed to specific parts of the plate like low and outside, up and in and out of the zone completely. Believe me, as a person who used to play high school baseball (and couldn't hit 75mph fastballs that were placed right) and have been playing football and baseball all my life, it is much harder to do what major league hitters do than what football players do...football might be more physically demanding, but baseball (specifically hitting) is just much harder thing to do. You don't have to take my word about it being tough, I think sports illustrated last year ranked hitting a major league pitch the hardest thing in sports to do by an overwhelming margain.

That's just for making contact. After hitting the ball you have to run 90 feet fast just get a base hit. Add fielding and baserunning to that and do it 162 times a year and that's very physically demanding.

http://www.thomastontimes.com/articles/2003/04/14/news/sports/fowler.txt

USA Today ranked hitting a Major league baseball as the second most difficult thing to do in sports.

Baseball is dead, at least in the deep south...

It's fanbase is strong in Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom