An Actually Good Front Office? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
No, no they wont be lol but they will still be a big improvement over what we had. Personally, I loved the Hunt pick but dont sleep on Kindley stealing a starting spot. He was one of my favorite guards in the entire draft and is a beast!
They aren't going to be the same kind of players as Kamara and Ingram but they do have that level of talent. If Breida can stay healthy, he is capable of rushing for 1,000+ and receiving 500+ and Howard is capable of rush 1,250+ with 10+ touchdowns. Especially like I said with our vastly improving offensive line and with the opposing defense always worried about Tua's deadly throwing accuracy making them look stupid. Breida and Howard won't get those numbers this year, but by the following year they should be a well oiled machine. That is, however, unless we are able to draft a future superstar running back with one of our 2 first round picks next year!

I've read other Coaches and GM's were calling Grier and Flores to congratulate them. To me that means something.
Really? Haven't heard that but yeah that would definitely mean something to me too. I do remember Chris Grier asking Dolphins fans to trust that they would get the pick right, talking about #5, and I remember thinking why in the hell would we trust the Dolphins front office. Like what reason have they given us to trust them? Well, it sure seems like they are earning our trust now, which is a first in over 20 years...

You've got two extremes here. One guy that doesn't know how to hit enter and one that hits it ludicrously too often.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was writing a book report for my 3rd grade teacher. Too many words was it? No problem, you don't have to read it. That is the miracle of free will!

Looking at the front office body of work and I throw Flo in the mix as well, there as many positives.

They made the decision to reboot the Fins
Got rid of nearly all the high paying contracts and opened up a ton of cap space for FA this year and next. Later goodbye to Jones as well - not knocking his contribution but the use by date had arrived.
Turned over the roster massively at the start of the season but in the process did find some diamonds in the rough [Williams, Needham, Biegel etc] and proved they can coach up players to perform at a higher level.
Had the team buy in and improve there performance as the season went by - 5 wins in last 9.
Culture seemed to improve with players making positive comments on wanting to be part of it. Money talks but FA's also mentioned the culture and Flo as reason's to sign.
Regardless of whether we like the trades they saved massive money on Tunsil and if Minak didn't want to be here then goodbye, bottom line picked up tremendous draft capital.
Went into the draft/FA with a solid plan of a QB, and rebuilding the lines which they have fulfilled. Won't grade the the pick ups until they have the chance to prove on field what they can do but they have plenty of extra bodies/options to try and solve the problem.
This was always going to be a 2 draft rebuild so not all the needs where going to be fulfilled but again they have plenty of draft capital for the 2021 draft.
They can go looking for WR, TE, RB and any other holes that may need to be filled depending on how players pan out during the next season.
The same can be said for FA.

Bottom line they have turned the Dolphins around and given a positive direction.
Upgraded the talent level with young players while keeping the salary cap fairly low.
Obviously hard to determine how good the players will be and new coaches but if they have hit on Tua, 4 or more of the lineman become long term successes and they hit on some skill position upgrades next draft the goal of regular playoff trips and multiple SB's is a possibility.

I'm starting to like the future.

Last edited:
Really? Haven't heard that but yeah that would definitely mean something to me too. I do remember Chris Grier asking Dolphins fans to trust that they would get the pick right, talking about #5, and I remember thinking why in the hell would we trust the Dolphins front office. Like what reason have they given us to trust them? Well, it sure seems like they are earning our trust now, which is a first in over 20 years...
I agree. I read those reports on Bleacher Report yesterday. Apparently Miami picked players other teams were targeting. Those GMs and Coaches called.

Looking at the front office body of work and I throw Flo in the mix as well, there as many positives.

They made the decision to reboot the Fins
Got rid of nearly all the high paying contracts and opened up a ton of cap space for FA this year and next. Later goodbye to Jones as well - not knocking his contribution but the use by date had arrived.
Turned over the roster massively at the start of the season but in the process did find some diamonds in the rough [Williams, Needham, Biegel etc] and proved they can coach up players to perform at a higher level.
Had the team buy in and improve there performance as the season went by - 5 wins in last 9.
Culture seemed to improve with players making positive comments on wanting to be part of it.
Regardless of whether we like the trades they saved massive money on Tunsil and if Minak didn't want to be here then goodbye, bottom line picked up tremendous draft capital.
Went into the draft/FA with a solid plan of a QB, and rebuilding the lines which they have fulfilled. Won't grade the the pick ups until they have the chance to prove on field what they can do but they have plenty of extra bodies/options to try and solve the problem.
This was always going to be a 2 draft rebuild so not all the needs where going to be fulfilled but again they have plenty of draft capital for the 2021 draft.
They can go looking for WR, TE, RB and any other holes that may need to be filled depending on how players pan out during the next season.
The same can be said for FA.

Bottom line they have turned the Dolphins around and given a positive direction.
Upgraded the talent level with young players while keeping the salary cap fairly low.
Obviously hard to determine how good the players will be and new coaches but if they have hit on Tua, 4 or more of the lineman become long term successes and they hit on some skill position upgrades next draft the goal of regular playoff trips and multiple SB's is a possibility.

I'm starting to like the future.
No doubt. Like I said in an earlier post, I am 33 years old, been a Dolphins fan for every one of those years, and have never been more excited for our future! Great time to be a Dolfan!

Man....what if burrow and tua became out-of-division rivals like the old manning Brady days?

I know it’s way too early, but thatd be entertaining.
I think AFC East is going to have its own rivalry with all young QBs. Tua vs Allen vs Darnold vs Stidham. AFC East looks to be most exciting division for the future!

I’m very happy with the draft. But I also think we may be a little over optimistic. Jackson, Hunt, And Kindley are probably all 3 rookie starters but all are super raw developmental type players who we have to pray develop quickly. Ereck Flowers hopefully pans out but again a guy whose had 1 good year at guard but was one of the worst tackles in the league. OL could still be a major issue. Love the Brieda and Howard back field massive upgrade. We better Hope Gesicki stays healthy TE depth isn’t good. Defense should be so much better love out Dline depth, LB depth and secondary depth. Safety is a concern We have to guys we converted from corner to safety in McCain and Rowe. Was disappointed we didn’t draft a top safety prospect.
Can’t film all your needs in one off season but we damn well tried. Will be fun to watch the growth and transformation of this team

There is reason to be optimistic. I've long understood the mistrust many had towards Chris Grier running the show when he has been a part of the organization for 20 years and the team has at best been mediocre. It's hard to really trust someone coming from that environment.

Sometimes it's not always about having a new voice in the room but the right voice. Grier not only brought in two very respected figures in Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen but he also made sure other people in our organization who were considered talented like Adam Engroff had more of a voice.

Also helps that we hired a coach in Brian Flores that has a blueprint. For his type of player. We really havent had a harmonious Head Coach/GM relationship in a long time.

Will everything work out? No guarantee. But if you look at pretty much all the recent successful NFL teams you dont hear about the fighting of coach and GM

Back
Top Bottom