An Early Mock 10-24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Early Mock 10-24

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Miami will be picking late in the 2011 draft. Here goes an early mock.

1. DeMarco Murray RB 6-1 207 4.5 est. Oklahoma - Miami's offense is improving, but they could definitely use a big play maker like Murray. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams both could be gone this offseason so running back could be a big need. Murray has amazing ability to change direction and also returns kicks which is an obvious need for Miami. I expect the Dolphins to also consider players like TE Kyle Rudolph or NT Jerrell Powe.

3. Mark Herzlich LB 6-4 235 4.65 est. Boston College - An injury risk to be sure, but also a first round talent who would be a tremendous value in round 3. May also consider RB Allen Bradford here (6-0 235) if they don't land one in round 1. Keep an eye on Bradford as he fits the Dolphins mold.

4. Kendrick Ellis NT 6-5 340 Hampton -- A huge guy to challenge the roster at NT.

5. Kris O'Dowd C 6-4 300 USC -- The Dolphins will continue to look to improve the offensive line and O'Dowd is someone who could challenge at center.

6. John Clay RB 6-1 248 Wisconsin - A big back who could challenge for a roster spot and team with Murray for a nice thunder/lightning duo.

7. Schuylar Oordt TE Northern Iowa 6-7 246 4.57 est. - Not a good year for tight ends, but I feel Miami will target a few and may even go after Rudolph in the first.

7. Steven Skelton TE Fordham 6-5 250 4.7 est. - Draft two with the hopes that one sticks.

No DBs? Our secondary is still horrendous. I really believe we need to draft by need and fill that backfield with some winners. Outside of Davis, we're lame-o.

i wouldnt mind a RB in round 1 but if we are going to have a injury prone RB i would rather keep Ronnie Brown

Here is my the season is lost yet but just in case draft...

1) Pianalto TE UNC, 3) Kerley WR TCU, 4) Helu RB Nebraska, 5) Kapernick QB NV-Reno, 6) Asiata RB Utah, & 7) Rich SS BYU

Kerley is fast, would compliment Marshall, and could handle return duties. Kapernick is an intriguing project who'll replace Penny on the roster. I am no fan of BYU but Rich can bring it and Yeremiah is slowing down.

Hopefully we stay away from RB early. Hopefully we trade down from our top-15 pick and still get Rudolph in that 25 range. He's hurt, again, and should slip because of it.

With the late second/early third take Donald Thomas from K-State, or Ryan Broyles from Oklahoma. We need a big play WR opposite Marshall. Hartline isn't the guy.

If we do take Broyles, I'd hope for Bradford in the middle rounds.

After that, take a developmental QB, too early to tell on my favorite one. Another corner who can actually return kicks instead of Carroll, and I wouldn't mind taking a situational RB with some speed. I'd go offense heavy.

I'm sure we'll end up taking several lineman though. Probably focus on NT, C, swing T, OLB, and try to win games by being physical.

Not really a fan of Murray, I would stay away from a rb unless Ingram somehow fell to us

No DBs? Our secondary is still horrendous. I really believe we need to draft by need and fill that backfield with some winners. Outside of Davis, we're lame-o.
Yeah, I think they might consider a DB pretty high, maybe someone like Williams or Brown from Texas. Williams has the size Miami likes. I would never dismiss a pass rusher as a possibility as well. All said and done, I do expect it to be more of an offensive draft.

Back
Top Bottom