An Encouraging Loss | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Encouraging Loss

Youre mistaken on the Baltimore one. That was a defenders hands. Ignore the announcer.
The Balt one I was at the game so I didn’t get to see a replay or anything. It looked like the ball popped out when he bounced off of the ground. I’ll say this - the fact that the kid keeps getting open is a great sign. He’s got to finish his plays more consistently. He could be awesome.

I agree that it was an encouraging loss, but maybe not for the reasons you think.

Buffalo is a fraud team. They've bullied lousy competition. The Jets, the Bengals, the Titans, and the Giants. The one good team they played -- New England -- beat them in Buffalo. So when the Bills came out full of their usual swagger, failed to get the bounces they've been accustomed to, and got a little more of a fight from Miami than they expected, there was a real danger that the Dolphins would somehow **** up and win the game. I was pretty frightened of that possibility in the second quarter, I'm not going to lie.

Fortunately, the Dolphins' coaching staff did their thing at halftime and once again the Dolphins came out with the worst second half adjustments in the history of football. The net result, Miami is still alive against the Bengals in the chase for the #1 pick.

Real proud of our coaching staff for somehow pulling this one off.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't think there has been a bigger fraud at 5-1 in a long while. They have a really soft schedule ahead too. They'll figure out a way to screw it up and miss the playoffs.

Same here. I can't cheer for losses and the vain perception that we will magically be able to turn an above average amount of draft picks and cap space into talent, especially when the people utilizing that will be questionable. But this team having some idea of who its offensive playmakers are will certainly help a young QB.

I don't think there is any telltale sign of how inept Flores really is than his handling of the QB situation this year, and the reality is that playing Fitz may be the only way for him to mask his missteps and probably his best chance to avoid the embarassment of going his first season without a single win.

I continue to be surprised by statements concerning mistakes made by the coaching staff. Many posters bemoaned the fact that there were brand new coordinators with a brand new head coach. I expected growing pains. I would argue that Flores is making better game management decisions over the last two games. I think that both coordinators have improved, but that could be masked by player growth and getting use to the scheme. You do have valid concerns, but it seems too early in the season to make a definitive statement.

The Balt one I was at the game so I didn’t get to see a replay or anything. It looked like the ball popped out when he bounced off of the ground. I’ll say this - the fact that the kid keeps getting open is a great sign. He’s got to finish his plays more consistently. He could be awesome.

I noticed this myself! We see so much less from seats at stadium than TV - i completely missed several guys making plays during Washington game

He just gets open. So does Gesicki. Highest separation per yards (in terms of getting away from defenders) out of all receiving TEs.

Pair these two with a guy who nails throwing to open guys, with pinpoint accuracy... who may have bad ankles but still...

Phew

I noticed this myself! We see so much less from seats at stadium than TV - i completely missed several guys making plays during Washington game

He just gets open. So does Gesicki. Highest separation per yards (in terms of getting away from defenders) out of all receiving TEs.

Pair these two with a guy who nails throwing to open guys, with pinpoint accuracy... who may have bad ankles but still...

Phew
I posted after week 1 that he and Parker looked like “giants” out there. Just massive in person.

Fine today except for that his interception was the one play that turned us running away with a lead into us playing on our heels against a division opponent with a 4-1 record and playing in their house. You can't just minimize those things when it comes from a career choke artist.

But I'm not getting worked up over it. I was upset that the play turned a very likely Dolphins victory into a loss when we may not have any wins this year and will rarely end up in such an advantageous position. But at this point, even if Rosen's play last week was the result of some of the worst play calling and coaching I've ever seen coming out of a bye, if Fitz at least plays well enough for us to develop players on both sides of the ball, I suppose I can be happy. Our offensive skill players are better all around for what happened today.
Plus, the defense needed to step up there. Not trying to minimize the interception, but if Miami forces a three and out they get the ball back in a good position. That's where lack of a pass rush really hurts.

It's not lack of patience.

It's "look at me, I'm negative and I'm a football genius who knows everything, including the future."

IE: A douchebag.
Plus, the defense needed to step up there. Not trying to minimize the interception, but if Miami forces a three and out they get the ball back in a good position. That's where lack of a pass rush really hurts.
thats why i want chase allen number 1 QB 2

I've always said Rice hands were slightly overrated but the majority of greats rarely dropped balls, Randy Moss,Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Chris Carter, Antonio Brown were extremely sure handed, the main elite wrs with issues I can think of were T.O and Amari Cooper.
Philly cut Carter for his drops mid-season as I recall.

Jerry Rice struggled with drops his entire rookie season. I’m sure some ignorant, instant gratification 49ers fan back then was complaining the same as you. How’d that work out?

Rice is far from the only name WR to suffer from drops early in a career.

It’s amazing how little patience there is out in the world.
Agree. I think next year will be a big one for Williams. He needs to work hard, like Rice did, to overcome that. Otherwise, his value isn't as high and quarterbacks are going to lose trust. But, for now, as a rookie I'm encouraged by his play.

It was encouraging that we didn’t get back doored by fitz.

looked like the bills were sleep walking thru most of that game but they turned it on when they needed to.

It was encouraging that we didn’t get back doored by fitz.

looked like the bills were sleep walking thru most of that game but they turned it on when they needed to.
What with the gift interception?

Miami outplayed the Bills and gifted them the win. I'll give the coaching staff credit. They get this minimally talented roster to play hard for 60 minutes and are scheming well. They just can't overcome the talent gap. I like what I'm seeing from the coaching staff. The development since game 1 has been encouraging.

The progress from week 1 to now is nothing short of impressive with the lack of talent on the roster. They are doing a very decent job of plugging and playing new people, its starting to look like a scheme is coming together that works somewhat independently of specific personnel, a la new england.

Looooong way to go but its becoming more interesting to watch. I’m getting excited for the offseason.

The progress from week 1 to now is nothing short of impressive with the lack of talent on the roster. They are doing a very decent job of plugging and playing new people, its starting to look like a scheme is coming together that works somewhat independently of specific personnel, a la new england.

Looooong way to go but its becoming more interesting to watch. I’m getting excited for the offseason.
It's surprising those ranting all year that these guys can't coach despite the known limited talent.....now we are slowly seeing it with still limited talent.

Back
Top Bottom