An Encouraging Loss | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Encouraging Loss

What with the gift interception?

2 plays really. The Phillips rush and the pick pretty much decided the game. We go up 21-9 there I think we're all crying today about losing out on Tua. Pretty encouraging considering what we rolled out there and called a secondary.

They said Jordan phillips has 5 sacks in 2019.
Who needs that kinda production lol not us evidently

I think the team's performance in the second half of games this season speaks for itself.
We moved the ball for 10 min. They faked a FG for a 1st down. It was all invalidated by a play which was a mix between ill advised throw and a great play by the Bills DBack.

14 of the Bills points in the second half came on a shortened field (Bills got the ball on our 16 yard line after a fumble) and a botched onside kick.

This is the first game where you cannot blame the coaching staff for our 2nd half misery. Players simply botched it.

We moved the ball for 10 min. They faked a FG for a 1st down. It was all invalidated by a play which was a mix between ill advised throw and a great play by the Bills DBack.

14 of the Bills points in the second half came on a shortened field (Bills got the ball on our 16 yard line after a fumble) and a botched onside kick.

This is the first game where you cannot blame the coaching staff for our 2nd half misery. Players simply botched it.

Ahh yes the Williams fumble was another. We moved it all day, no reason to believe we weren't going to move it then as well if not for the fumble.

I wasn’t very impressed with Buffalo. Expected a lot more. We did most our damage on Levi Wallace.

they are using the qb in the run game like the panthers used cam newton even.

lol shelf life scraping

The non review or measurement of the 3rd down play in the 3rd quarter just before the fake FG, is still bothering me. The Refs should have called for a measurement or Flores should have thrown the Red Flag to review it. Missed opportunity IMO.
The refs stop each game over 100 damn times and Flores signaling for a measure can't get it. Again I laugh at anyone who can possible think the NFL has any ground to investigate a tank job. The NFL is so fixed it's sad. If they don't get rid of Goodell and fix reffing in the next year it could cause a downfall of the league.

Coaches ask for and get measurement calls all the time. A coach should not have to throw a red flag in that situation. I don't know if it is in the rule book but I have seen coaches ask for a measurement in these type of situations all the time.

In times where so much money is involved and with the development of HD TV some arbitrary decisions like ball placement should be taken over by technology.

Yep. I even think up 17-9 Miami might have won this game. I like that the coaching staff wanted to get the touchdown there, though, as I don't think Buffalo comes back from 21-9. What a drive to end in absolutely no points. A shame.

Yep. I even think up 17-9 Miami might have won this game. I like that the coaching staff wanted to get the touchdown there, though, as I don't think Buffalo comes back from 21-9. What a drive to end in absolutely no points. A shame.
It was a big turn. If we score a TD on that drive and while 21-9 is not an insurmountable lead it could have been devastating from a momentum POV. Their offense only scored FGs up to that point against our rag tag defense and the D couldn't stop our offense which could have been featured in "The Replacements". Fans would turn on them. The momentum clearly would have been on our side and the Bills O would have come out desperate.

I'd say if we would have scored a TD on that drive we would have won that game.

I've always said Rice hands were slightly overrated but the majority of greats rarely dropped balls,

Then you’ve always been wrong. Rice is widely considered the greatest WR of all time. He’s even widely considered one of the two best football players of all time. That’s because he’s the opposite of overrated. On every level.

You can try to list as many players as you’d like that you feel don’t apply, but the truth is a lot of young players suffer from drops coming into the league. And a lot of them have gone on to become good or exceptional players.

We have no way of knowing what Preston Williams will become. He might become a good or exceptional player. He might not. But his troubles this season don‘t provide the end all, be all answer. That’s the point going over the instant gratification crowds head.

Then you’ve always been wrong. Rice is widely considered the greatest WR of all time. He’s even widely considered one of the two best football players of all time. That’s because he’s the opposite of overrated. On every level.

You can try to list as many players as you’d like that you feel don’t apply, but the truth is a lot of young players suffer from drops coming into the league. And a lot of them have gone on to become good or exceptional players.

We have no way of knowing what Preston Williams will become. He might become a good or exceptional player. He might not. But his troubles this season don‘t provide the end all, be all answer. That’s the point going over the instant gratification crowds head.

Read the post again, I said his hands were overrated not the player, Rice himself admitted to cheating by using Stickum on his gloves.

Jay Ajayi was the starting RB for Super Bowl champion Eagles after being jettisoned by Gase. F Gase!

um no, he was a RB on the team, not starter... lagarrette blount was the starter and Corey clement was the 3rd down back. Ajayi was change of pace dude who backdooored a super bowl ring.

Plus, the defense needed to step up there. Not trying to minimize the interception, but if Miami forces a three and out they get the ball back in a good position. That's where lack of a pass rush really hurts.

Of course, complimentary football is great, but everyone could sense the momentum shift. The Bills certainly could. This is a team that was 4-1 and now 5-1.

Preston has nice short area quickness. I think that’s what’s driving a lot of the success. That and he’s physical at the top of routes.

on a team that doesn’t have many pieces he’s one.

at worst I think we’ve gotten top 50 pick return there

um no, he was a RB on the team, not starter... lagarrette blount was the starter and Corey clement was the 3rd down back. Ajayi was change of pace dude who backdooored a super bowl ring.
Blount had more carries. Ajayi started. Look it up. Plus point is he was traded and he won a ring and was a part of helping to win that ring.

Back
Top Bottom