An Honest Take On Gase And The Dolphins After Week 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Honest Take On Gase And The Dolphins After Week 12

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
It’s a turning point, for sure -

“There has been a distinct moment in every Dolphin’s coach career where a game ended and it was apparent that the regime was over.

With Philbin, it was December 14th, 2014 when the Dolphins got WASHED by the Patriots during a playoff stretch collapse.

Tony Sparano’s fate was on the wall when he started high fiving and hugging players after field goals.

During Cam Cameron’s tenure it was when he was announced as the head coach and the fanbase looked around asking why.

Finally, Saban… well… it was when Saban ran out of the door to his private plane heading to Alabama. (I really hate Nick Saban)

Adam Gase’s game was today. It was a loss during a playoff run that was the fault of one man. It was the playcalling of two fourth-quarter 4 and outs that were so bad that even the mindless play commentators were left scratching their heads. These two blunders of play calls took a Dolphins team that, according to ESPN, had an 86.4% chance of winning with 8:38 left in the fourth quarter and saw the Colts score on three consecutive drives to steal a game.

A honest take on Miami Dolphins and Adam Gase after week 12
https://phinphanatic.com/2018/11/26/a-honest-take-on-miami-dolphins-and-adam-gase-after-week-12/

It’s a turning point, for sure -

“There has been a distinct moment in every Dolphin’s coach career where a game ended and it was apparent that the regime was over.

With Philbin, it was December 14th, 2014 when the Dolphins got WASHED by the Patriots during a playoff stretch collapse.

Tony Sparano’s fate was on the wall when he started high fiving and hugging players after field goals.

During Cam Cameron’s tenure it was when he was announced as the head coach and the fanbase looked around asking why.

Finally, Saban… well… it was when Saban ran out of the door to his private plane heading to Alabama. (I really hate Nick Saban)

Adam Gase’s game was today. It was a loss during a playoff run that was the fault of one man. It was the playcalling of two fourth-quarter 4 and outs that were so bad that even the mindless play commentators were left scratching their heads. These two blunders of play calls took a Dolphins team that, according to ESPN, had an 86.4% chance of winning with 8:38 left in the fourth quarter and saw the Colts score on three consecutive drives to steal a game.

A honest take on Miami Dolphins and Adam Gase after week 12
https://phinphanatic.com/2018/11/26/a-honest-take-on-miami-dolphins-and-adam-gase-after-week-12/

Disagree, a little. This could be THE game, but could also be a warning bell for Gase. 5 more games to get his act together

I haven't been a fan of Gase long before this game, but this is the game that probably convinced anyone on the fence that he isn't good. It may have even convinced Gase supporters to start reconsidering. All in all, the majority of the fanbase doesn't like the coaching staff and the management. Half or more than half of the fanbase doesn't think there's a future with Tannehill. There's no upside or silver lining. If Gase gets another year, every decision is going to be analyzed. His seat will be among the hottest in the league. Perhaps he's too comfortable right now so he thinks he can play to not lose.

I actually didnt mind the throwing on 1st and 2nd down the one drive w 8 min left, but the 3rd down run when we were tied was inexcusable. That being said I see coaches doing dumb crap like that all over the league, its not just the dolphins. The bottom line is we are decimated by injuries after we started the season w a marginal at best roster of talent. Our drafts and off seasons have been a disgrace. Gase has done an ok job with what hes got and I'm pretty sure he will get another season. Unfortunately for Tannehill and the offense (and Gase) to be avg, we needed an above avg oline and defense. And after a couple of inuries early on we have had neither. Tanny or Gase arent good enough to win with our current roster.

over/under on how many posts before OP or one of 6 other predictable poster
I actually didnt mind the throwing on 1st and 2nd down the one drive w 8 min left, but the 3rd down run when we were tied was inexcusable. That being said I see coaches doing dumb crap like that all over the league, its not just the dolphins. The bottom line is we are decimated by injuries after we started the season w a marginal at best roster of talent. Our drafts and off seasons have been a disgrace. Gase has done an ok job with what hes got and I'm pretty sure he will get another season. Unfortunately for Tannehill and the offense (and Gase) to be avg, we needed an above avg oline and defense. And after a couple of inuries early on we have had neither. Tanny or Gase arent good enough to win with our current roster.

You got a lot of nerve inserting logic into the conversation. It's interesting to watch Green Bay with arguably one of the greatest ever struggle. Nobody wants to admit that it takes more than just great QB play to win in this league now. I mean who can seriously claim anything negative about Rodgers...and they just can't get it done.

Disagree, a little. This could be THE game, but could also be a warning bell for Gase. 5 more games to get his act together

No this was it. The Bengals game was the start and this one the end. Miami may win two more games but only bc Buffalo and JAX stink. When you can only beat bad teams there are changes that need to happen.

over/under on how many posts before OP or one of 6 other predictable poster

You got a lot of nerve inserting logic into the conversation. It's interesting to watch Green Bay with arguably one of the greatest ever struggle. Nobody wants to admit that it takes more than just great QB play to win in this league now. I mean who can seriously claim anything negative about Rodgers...and they just can't get it done.

It's the same reason Bortles almost got to the super bowl and nick foles won the super bowl. The teams around them were built well and picked up for the lack of QB talent. Also the same reason Rivers has never won _hit even though he is a hall of fame QB. It aint basketball where 1 star makes up 20% of the starting lineup and can single handedly win games. Look whats happened to the Eagles and Jags now that there defenses arent lighting it up any more.

As I have said and will continue to say...Tannehill is good enough to win with if he has a supporting cast, but he will never be elite. Most finheaven fans are so delusional thinking we can just draft any high QB next year and magically we will all the sudden be able to stop the run, pass protect, run the ball, etc. Not to mention there are still no QB options clearly better than RT as it projects now. As far as Gase, its really hard for fans (including me) to tell whether its an execution problem or bad playcall most of the time.

Finally a voice of reason. Very good post, I agree 100%. The o-line was flat out terrible in the game, especially after the injury.

Can you point me to why the drafting has been a "disgrace"? That's an awfully bold term to use and I just want to understand the reasoning behind it from your point of view.

what I would do is wait on blk Monday and if I see coach that got fired that is better than adams than I would fire adams. {GB, BAL coachs} if not I would keep him for another yr.

If you're setting an ultimatum for players or coaches, you likely already know the result.

Back
Top Bottom