An Important Result From Today's Games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Important Result From Today's Games

nyashfan

For Earth Below
Reaction score
...the Cardinals win over the Rams. While the Cardinals are likely not in the market next year for a QB, the Rams definitely are not. The Dolphins are playing hard and are going to win a few more games this year, like it or not. Assuming the Dolphins win 3 or 4 games, it's important for teams like Arizona and especially Seattle to "keep pace". Pathetic that half way into the season that I'm thinking how meaningless NFC West games will impact the future of the Dolphins.

Great post.

We as Dolphin fans have witnessed this before. Wasn't it the year of Satan we won some meaningless games and missed out on a franchise QB? I've been afraid ever since last week's game that this team would win some games and make things really ****ing close in getting a Barkley/Jones/ maybe even Weeden.

For the Suckers for Luck crowd the Cardinals winning was the best possible outcome. With the Dolphins sitting at a SOS of .5469, this result keeps the Dolphins at the #2 overall selection. If the Rams would have won, the Dolphins would have fell to third place. Here is the top 4 draft slots as of right now:

1. Colts 0-9 (.5385)
2. Dolphins 1-7 (.5469)
3. Rams 1-7 (.5669)
4. Cardinals 2-6 (.4762)

Great post.

We as Dolphin fans have witnessed this before. Wasn't it the year of Satan we won some meaningless games and missed out on a franchise QB? I've been afraid ever since last week's game that this team would win some games and make things really ****ing close in getting a Barkley/Jones/ maybe even Weeden.

If you're referring to Nick Saban, the only time I think you can be referring to is before 2007 when our 6 win season still had us picking 10th. We definitely had a chance on a very highly regarded QB in that draft who the easy money was on us picking. I nearly vomited when I heard Ted Ginn's name instead of Brady Quinn, and while time has shown that Quinn really sucked in Cleveland, I haven't seen a QB who hasn't sucked in Cleveland, and we know that both Ginn and Beck, who we essentially picked instead of Quinn, both sucked majorly.

Back
Top Bottom