An Interesting Comparison I Thought Of | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Interesting Comparison I Thought Of

NathanHunt said:
According to the San Diego Chargers, you don't have to choose. You can have both. Situationally, what's the difference between Brees/Feeley and Rivers/Smith?

Change is the only constant in this league.

Only one small difference- Brees made the Pro Bowl.

I'm sure the Bills will give you Henry for a 4th. That makes sense. I think they'd let him rot on the bench before they traded him within the division.

Ya you are right- never trade within the division it will come back to bite you in the butt! Isnt that right Drew Bledsoe!?

Dolfan1000 said:
Only one small difference- Brees made the Pro Bowl.

REALLY, he made the Pro Bowl BEFORE they drafted Rivers?

Amazing how facts blur in hindsight.

bdmagnum said:
More than one small difference. He had a running game and a better offensive line to name a few.

Not better- but better coached. No question our line is more talented and has the same potential.

Oh ya, and we have their coach. Yippee! :D

NathanHunt said:
REALLY, he made the Pro Bowl BEFORE they drafted Rivers?

Amazing how facts blur in hindsight.

I dont quite understand your point- you are comparing AJ now to Brees before this year? Why?

bdmagnum said:
More than one small difference. He had a running game and a better offensive line to name a few.

Technically, SD was REBUILDING their OLine. Because they performed so poorly in '03. Remember, Huock was retooling... they shipped out Mac and THEN cut their center (Ball?) before the Season started.

They were NOT considering elite or contenders. Don't forget, they also didn't have McCardell at this time. Remember, they CUT Boston. Antonio Gates was still an unknown. They're defense was HORRID in '03 also. They were rebuilding EVERYTHING except RB.

MIAMI is actually in better shape than SD was.

Don't let SD's '04 results cloud the fact of how horrible they were WHEN they drafted Rivers.

Dolfan1000 said:
I dont quite understand your point- you are comparing AJ now to Brees before this year? Why?

WHY?!

Let me refresh your memory:

Dolfan1000 said:
So you think if we invest a #2 in a QB, we go with Feeley anyway?

That would make zero sense in my opinion. Either rebuild or play to win. Choose.

You said we couldn't start "go" with Feeley IF we invest a #2 in a QB.

I said:

NathanHunt said:
According to the San Diego Chargers, you don't have to choose. You can have both. Situationally, what's the difference between Brees/Feeley and Rivers/Smith?

Change is the only constant in this league.

Do you even RECALL the public opinion in SD of Brees BEFORE the '04 draft?
He was HOMERED. No fan wanted him to start the next year..... does this RING a BELL?! FEELEY!

Drafting a QB @ #2 is like SD drafting a QB @ #1 in '04.

ARE YOU STARTING TO SEE THE SIMILARITY?

Do you get the point that you CAN draft a QB, not play him and STILL PLAY TO WIN with your current QB!

That was PAINFUL!

:0wned:

NathanHunt said:
WHY?!

Let me refresh your memory:

You said we couldn't start "go" with Feeley IF we invest a #2 in a QB.

I said:

Do you even RECALL the public opinion in SD of Brees BEFORE the '04 draft?
He was HOMERED. No fan wanted him to start the next year..... does this RING a BELL?! FEELEY!

Drafting a QB @ #2 is like SD drafting a QB @ #1 in '04.

ARE YOU STARTING TO SEE THE SIMILARITY?

Do you get the point that you CAN draft a QB, not play him and STILL PLAY TO WIN with your current QB!

That was PAINFUL!

:0wned:

1) You need to relax.

2) Ya, I understand now.

Back
Top Bottom