An interesting fact about Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An interesting fact about Rivers

MNFINFAN

Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard on Salisbury's show last night that Rivers has played in 5 Bowls including the Senior Bowland been named MVP in all 5. Not a bad stat at all. Salisbury was really impressed with Rivers

By the way with Green now HC at AZ, and him being an offensive guy and Salisbury his buddy, do you think there is a chance that Green will take Rivers?

Rivers not gonna go that high....AZ projecting our to take Big Ben.

Thus far he is NOT a QB who "CAN" win the big game....

He IS a QB who "ALWAYS" wins the big game... That's rare.

Let me update my list of Rivers assests:
------------
Smart
Accurate
Strong Arm
Quick Release
Good Pocket Awareness and Movement
Outsanding Leadership Skills
ALWAYS WINS BIG GAMES

WOW.... why do some not like him? Oh yea...
He throws a little funny...

The last two are things you just can't teach. A big game QB is what our team needs--not someone who just wont make mistakes in key games, but will make the plays to win them. That's what we've been lacking. We're perenially in "hold on" mode in big games, instead of "go for the kill." Can Jay do it? Maybe. Does the staff/team have confidence in him doing it? History says no.

I agree with you on Rivers and I don't see SD and Oakland passing up on Eli and Ben, especially if Norv is now at Oakland, like someone reported. That would mean Denny Green has the pick in AZ and he likes is Offense and he wants Salisbury to be his O/C or QB coach (not sure which one) and if they think Rivers is the real deal, Denny would pull the trigger for Rivers. He likes to take risks and a lot of his O picks have been good ones, even his reaches.

Back
Top Bottom