An intersting article... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An intersting article...

Enhalo

The sleeper has awakened...
Reaction score
I found this article that I would like to make a few comments about, but please read it first:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/18/a2b_dolphins_0318.html

First off I love how down on the Dolphins all of the writers in the Miami area are. And I especially love how this guy doesn't blame Wanny and Saban for stupid decisions with trades and the draft.

What I would like to comment on though is what he says about Joe Thomas. I for one am not high on Thomas at all. So much of the buzz around him reminds me of Robert Gallery, and we all know he ended up...

I'm all for trading up, but not for Thomas. I would love to get Quinn, but I don't want us to throw away our draft.

i think we need o-line before we take a QB. I think culpepper will be fine i 'd rather get joe thomas or levi jones before a qb. But thats my 2cents.

I think we have too many holes to trade away too many picks.

First off I love how down on the Dolphins all of the writers in the Miami area are. And I especially love how this guy doesn't blame Wanny and Saban for stupid decisions with trades and the draft.

The writer doesn't name Wanny and Saban but half the article talks about the mistakes that have been made surrounding our FA pick ups, giving up our draft picks, and the horrible drafting (not a single player left from 02 draft). I suppose there is no reason to continue to beat a dead horse but they still needed to explain how we got to our current sad state of affairs.

At least Cam and Mueller appear to making wholesale changes which seems the obvious correct direction after years of missing the playoffs. This is the most important draft for us in many years given all our needs.

I think we have too many holes to trade away too many picks.

I completely agree. We need to keep the picks. There's no point in trading up if it's costly (and it usually is). Maybe we'll be able to trade down a couple of spots. Chances are we'll pick at #9 and Quinn will be gone but a lot of good D lineman will be available along with Levi Brown and a few others. We'll get someone good to fill a need.

Back
Top Bottom