An Unpopular Idea Or Thought | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An Unpopular Idea Or Thought

I will take Haskins at #13 but I am not trading up for him.

Lock I would trade up for if reasonable.

Some people here live their lives and everything they do in the same manner they vote. Conservatively.

You should only be conservative when you have everything to lose. This franchise has nothing to lose! We are throwing away this entire year for Christ's sake!

We should be drafting more than 1 QB a year until we hit gold. Only in Finheaven would people bitch about the GM and then want to get him as many picks as possible for him to pick a bunch of scrubs than trading some of those pick for a guaranteed stud.

Quantity over quality is not the way to go.

I don't know why, but every time I see Haskins, I am reminded of Byron Leftwich. I think it is the way they move.:shrug:

Just how many times has it happened in the last 40 years? Zero as I recall, and if Arizona does it this year and it backfires. It might be another 40 years before It’s done again.

So you want to risk your job over a quarterback who is most likely gonna bust just because you drafted one the year prior? Looks to me like you wanna be just like all the other gms who follow the same routine and refuse to bring changes to the game. You'd be a one and done gm for being stubborn and keeping your team mediocre.

Like I said I'd rather shoot for a young/montana situation with two young qbs then get fired for sticking with a qb that cannot get you to the playoffs

There are 53 players on each roster, and a lot of holes to fill each year. If you commit to using atleast one pick each year on QB, especially when you already have a good starter like you've mentioned, those holes at other positions are going to get more troublesome each year. Constantly swapping out QB's as well and going with the "hot hand" can be a nightmare as well. Offenses don't have time to gel and function how they should when they constantly have to change depending on which QB coach feels like should get the start that day. It can also destroy a QB's confidence constantly getting benched for the other guy on a regular basis.

QB is a VERY important position, having a franchise QB and a good enough backup is important. What's even more important is building a great team around them so that the QB can excel.

I tend to think the pillsbury doughboy Haskins pulled on his pro day
exposed a trait that's not ready for PRO ball. He's high risk for that
fact alone -- coupled with a very small sample size...

I could certainly be off the mark but his stock has dropped a lot IMO.

Might be some leftover thinking from old rookie contract system where if you drafted a bad 1st round qb and paid him 70mil or whatever your team was doomed for years to come.

Haskins is the only QB in the draft that has a chance of becoming a franchise QB. If hes there at 13 and we take him I'll be happy with it but its risky. He has very little tape and experiance.

From what I've seen... Haskins has the best deep ball by far from this draft class. He has the potential to be a franchise QB but very raw.

Back
Top Bottom