Analizing the personalities of the Top 4 QB prospects | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Analizing the personalities of the Top 4 QB prospects

Yeah, I don't get a Ryan Leaf feel at all. Definitely confident.

At least Leaf seems like he's turned his life around after football. I've heard him interviewed a few times and he's extremely interesting. Has mentioned that he wasn't ready, that he was immature, and not ready to lead a team.

Dude went through a lot.

I saw that. I've tried to follow Leaf as much as I can (interviews, magazine and online articles, etc). I'm glad he seems to be in a good place now. It's just a shame he went through (and put himself through) so much to get there. He may be the single biggest "what if" for me in NFL history. I don't believe he is the biggest bust ever. Jamarcus Russell was a bigger bust than Leaf and I still think Tony Mandarich is the biggest bust of all-time. Mandarich was called the best procpect ever at Offensive Tackle. Nobody wa ssaying leaf was the best prospect ever (just that he was going to be great). Leaf's flameout was just more spectacular. Leaf does have my favorite QB stat line ever for a single game (against KC in 1998). He was 1 for 15 for 4 yards with 5 turnovers. I still remember having some excitement when there were rumors Miami was interested in him in 2001. He's doing a lot to help others now.

I saw that. I've tried to follow Leaf as much as I can (interviews, magazine and online articles, etc). I'm glad he seems to be in a good place now. It's just a shame he went through (and put himself through) so much to get there. He may be the single biggest "what if" for me in NFL history. I don't believe he is the biggest bust ever. Jamarcus Russell was a bigger bust than Leaf and I still think Tony Mandarich is the biggest bust of all-time. Mandarich was called the best procpect ever at Offensive Tackle. Nobody wa ssaying leaf was the best prospect ever (just that he was going to be great). Leaf's flameout was just more spectacular. Leaf does have my favorite QB stat line ever for a single game (against KC in 1998). He was 1 for 15 for 4 yards with 5 turnovers. I still remember having some excitement when there were rumors Miami was interested in him in 2001. He's doing a lot to help others now.

It is good that he appears to have figured it out now and to see him become a contributing adult. He's actually turned into a solid college football analyst for the PAC-12.

If the NFL allowed abuse of steroids Mandrich might have lived up to expectations.

It is good that he appears to have figured it out now and to see him become a contributing adult. He's actually turned into a solid college football analyst for the PAC-12.

He's a well-spoken, bright guy. Some small studio was going to make a movie about him a decade ago. From what I can tell, it was never made. The E:60 on him was excellent. He should have been a 30 for 30.

Hey OP

A bit OT, but did you mean analyzing?

Because analizing is something I would leave to a proctologist....lol.
Yes, I didnt want anyone analizing anything, it was a typo.

Maybe Leaf wasnt the best NFL comparison. I just think Burrow, comes off pretty arrogant in interviews. Maybe its just his high level of confidence but its borderline arrogant to me. Did you see him on the Dan Patrick show? It was interesting.

I would even go 1 better and say I’d rather analyze a QB by his looks. I know sounds pretty shallow and gay but hear me out.

look at the greats... Marino, Young, Elway, Brady, Aikman, Rodgers.... all dudes that are good looking. My theory is that growing up and being a good looking dude builds confidence. Your naturally more confident. QB is a position where you pretty much need to be very confident... where over confidence is not even a thing. As young men they are killing it on the field but also killing it off. This helps mold them.

Now there are some that break this mold and throw a wrench in this theory... guys like Manning, Brees, and Kelly who are clearly not the greatest looking but overall many of the greats are at least above average looking dudes. Now you can look at collegiate careers and places these not so looking QBs player and maybe find a reason they “overachieved” in the confidence department. Like Manning... dude went to college at Tenn... he’s probably an above average looking dude in the state of Tenn. Thats where he got his confidence..

Now use this to analyze the top 3 QBs coming out and rank them. It actually is reverse order.

1. Herbert
2. Tua
3 Burrow

Burrow is 1 ugly dude so using this theory he’ll turn out worse of the 3. Herbert would turn out the best.

Yes, I didnt want anyone analizing anything, it was a typo.

Maybe Leaf wasnt the best NFL comparison. I just think Burrow, comes off pretty arrogant in interviews. Maybe its just his high level of confidence but its borderline arrogant to me. Did you see him on the Dan Patrick show? It was interesting.
Didn't see it, but after the Leaf fiasco, most teams put psychologists on as either consultants, or even full time staff.

Im sure every high pick prospect, for any position have "profiles" done by teams.

It certainly isn't foolproof though. Look at Aaron Hernandez.

I would even go 1 better and say I’d rather analyze a QB by his looks. I know sounds pretty shallow and gay but hear me out.

look at the greats... Marino, Young, Elway, Brady, Aikman, Rodgers.... all dudes that are good looking. My theory is that growing up and being a good looking dude builds confidence. Your naturally more confident. QB is a position where you pretty much need to be very confident... where over confidence is not even a thing. As young men they are killing it on the field but also killing it off. This helps mold them.

Now there are some that break this mold and throw a wrench in this theory... guys like Manning, Brees, and Kelly who are clearly not the greatest looking but overall many of the greats are at least above average looking dudes. Now you can look at collegiate careers and places these not so looking QBs player and maybe find a reason they “overachieved” in the confidence department. Like Manning... dude went to college at Tenn... he’s probably an above average looking dude in the state of Tenn. Thats where he got his confidence..

Now use this to analyze the top 3 QBs coming out and rank them. It actually is reverse order.

1. Herbert
2. Tua
3 Burrow

Burrow is 1 ugly dude so using this theory he’ll turn out worse of the 3. Herbert would turn out the best.
Hard to spin that as not shallow and gay, but I don't judge.

I couldn't care less what a guy does on his own time or what he looks like, if he can win championships.

1. Herbert
2. Tua
3 Burrow

I would give your theory a 1 on a scale of 1-10. If you go back and look at all the SB Quarterbacks over the years, I think you would determine that looks had very little to do with them getting to the SB. In fact most of them were average looking at best and quite few of them were rather plain looking to be polite. Of course you included Aikman in your group of good looking QB’s and I really don’t get that one.

Burrow looks like Biff from the movie Back to the Future. LOL

I love watching Tua at the elite 11 comp.. which he won..you really get to see the confidence in this young man...good stuff

Back
Top Bottom