Analysis of QB situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Analysis of QB situation

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
The way I see it we have two QBs on the roster who consider themselves as starting QBs in this league (Fiedler and Griese). Both will be cut and IMO not be back because they are not going to be starters on this football team next year.

Sage Rosenfels is a RFA and our third string QB from last year. There are no assurances that he will be returning. Sage must be pretty annoyed that he wasn't given the chance that AJ has been given.

This leads me to our QBs for next season.

AJ Feeley is our starter. A move that initially I was not convinced about, but in reflection am pleased happened.

Sage Rosenfels may well be back next year as third string, perhaps second.

We have one last QB space to fill on the roster. This is going to be filled by either a rookie or a veteran with vast experience. I would be inclined to say that a veteran is the more likely.

I would hope, however, that this space is filled by a rookie. Namely Philip Rivers. With Mike Williams declaration for the draft, the number of quality players in this draft increased.

I would like the FO go out and get a FA veteran QB, someone like Jeff Blake or Kordell Stewart, who can back up AJ, whilst allowing Rivers to develop.

Such a move would see next years depth chart as:

Feeley
Veteran Backup
Rivers

Also, such a move would completely overhaul the dolphin Quarterback position, and allow Marc Trestman with two young QBs (Feeley/Rivers) who have a ton of potential.

Well if Fiedler is around then he is substituted for that vetern backup.

The only way Fiedler is around is if he agrees to a reduced contract and accepts the fact that he will not start. I don't see Jay doing that, so he's gone.

AJ Feeley, J. Fielder, what's the difference???...

The Phinz FO is lost.:confused:

If Wanny and Rick were worried about losing their job's with Fiedler, I doubt they're any more comfortable today with Feeley....

I know I'm not....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
AJ Feeley, J. Fielder, what's the difference???...

The Phinz FO is lost.:confused:

If Wanny and Rick were worried about losing their job's with Fiedler, I doubt they're any more comfortable today with Feeley....

I know I'm not....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Like some have said. This, long-term, is win-win for us fans. We want Wannstedt gone right? Well he has hitched his wagon to Feeley. If Feeley plays well, we win and life is good. If Feeleys is as bad as some (who haven't even seen him hardly, much less in our camp) seem to think, then Wanny is gone.

Win-win.

Back
Top Bottom