Analysts speak: Fiedler's the man | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Analysts speak: Fiedler's the man

PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
This is dated 6/28, but I didn't see it posted already - and I apologize if it was.

I liked hearing what Esiason, Madden, Simms, Maguire, Collinsworth, and Jaworski had to say on your QB situation.

Posted on Sat, Jun. 28, 2003

Analysts speak: Fiedler's the man
By BARRY JACKSON
Miami Herald

Brian Griese might be a popular choice among some Dolfans, but several network television analysts say the Dolphins should stick with Jay Fiedler, whom coach Dave Wannstedt has anointed the starter.

ABC's John Madden, CBS' Phil Simms, Fox's Cris Collinsworth and ESPN's Ron Jaworski say Fiedler should remain the starter. But ESPN's Paul Maguire says Griese should be given an equal chance. And CBS' Boomer Esiason insists the Dolphins are setting themselves up for failure.

The Rest:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/nfl/carolina_panthers/6193920.htm

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
This is dated 6/28, but I didn't see it posted already - and I apologize if it was.

I liked hearing what Esiason, Madden, Simms, Maguire, Collinsworth, and Jaworski had to say on your QB situation.

Not to knock the article that I haven't read.....

Esiason is worthless.... Madden has oldstimers, Sims and Maguire belong together ;) And COLLINSWORTH, is there ANY OTHER ANYALIST that hates the Dolphins so much?

Jaworski? ROFL

Collinsworth: "It's a toss of a coin who's better, but Jay has earned the right to be the guy, and the Dolphins are the team to beat in the AFC."

ROFL, that is the first thing I have ever read that Collinsworth has said ANYTHING good about Miami......

Next time I will read the article first...

Collinsworth is pretty honest and the truth hurts. Most of the time when he has dogged Miami he has been right. I don't know about you guys but I don't remember winning anything since he has been an analyst.

Maguire is a BILLS homer....He has his own TV show on The Empire Network up there...he wants Miami to fail!

Originally posted by Dolphins12thMan
Maguire is a BILLS homer....He has his own TV show on The Empire Network up there...he wants Miami to fail!

And Collingsworth is the former HS QB for the Titusville Fl. Astronaughts, WR, Fl. Gators and WR, for the Bungles. Who by the way got his stringbean body racked by the Phins right regular during his playing years. That's why he doesn't like the Phins. We knocked them out of contention.:evil: :lol:

Esiason is a big homer. Like 2 years ago, he said the Bengals would win their division. :lol: Of course he is going to say we are being set up for failure since he was a Jet for some time.

Back
Top Bottom