"And" & "But" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"And" & "But"

Right about to sell my car...will always use and, thank you

Edit : going to Big Island Hawaii in seven days. For at least 4 months. Bonus round will be Oahu when the season starts.

Last edited:
I’m no Saban fan, but drafting character and work ethic is just smart. With Charles Harris being a particularly notable exception, most early round “busts” are guys who don’t have the work ethic or character. Isaiah Wilson, Johnny Manziel, Robert Nkemdiche, Eli Apple, Reuben Foster, etc. You get some JAGs with good football character and work ethics in the early rounds, but you rarely get full blown busts.

If you set your first round floor at around Devante Parker and Christian Wilkins—good players and good teammates who aren’t breaking any records—you should be in a good place if you keep stacking up picks. Take risks on character in the later rounds. There are no shortage of uber talented character risks available on Day 3 and as UFAs. See Tyreek Hill, Preston Williams, etc.

Too bad he listened to Miami’s medical staff regarding Culpepper and Brees and he has turned out the greatest college coach of all-time.

Too bad he listened to Miami’s medical staff regarding Culpepper and Brees and he has turned out the greatest college coach of all-time.
While I agree he is a great college coach. That is like saying the best minor league baseball manager is a great coach. Because basically college football is nothing but the minor leagues for the NFL.

Saban is an excellent recruiter and he always hires outstanding coaches. He relates well to young players and their parents. That works well at the minor league level but not in the NFL where he is dealing with men and not teenage boys.

The fact is he failed in the NFL and blaming it on not signing Brees is BS. He quit after just 2 years because he just wasn’t suited to be a HC in the major leagues and it is as simply as that.

Back
Top Bottom