...and if Andrew Luck Decides to stay in College? Then What? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

...and if Andrew Luck Decides to stay in College? Then What?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seriously. We are all popping chubby's for luck but what if the Idea of going to the Dolphins disgusts him. Let's be Honest It might disgust me If I were him. Then where are we?

The odds that Andrew Luck stays in college are about equal to the odds that Tony Sparano is coaching this team next year. He came back this year to graduate because he made a promise. He is graduating this coming Spring and will have no reason to come back. The point is, he's coming out. Whether or not he wants to come here remains to be seen. If he absolutely forces our hand(which I doubt), then we take the Kings Ransom and draft Barkley/Jones. I understand why a player would not be thrilled about joining Sparano/Ireland, but it's likely that both of them will be gone, and we'll be able to attract a top dollar coach with the #1 meal ticket pick if in fact we get that pick.

Isn't luck a sr? He could have came out last year, but stayed in college thanks to Peyton Manning.

Isn't luck a sr? He could have came out last year, but stayed in college thanks to Peyton Manning.
he's a rs junior but nevertheless,he won't have a reason to stay in Stanford....his best linemen are coming out

Draft Barkley, Jones, or Griffith (if we somehow manage to win some games). I don't give a ****, just draft a first round QB. That being said, he's coming out.

Anybody suggesting that Luck will stay in school should consider;

1-he only stayed in school this year to keep a promise to graduate
2-he is scheduled to graduate by the end of this school year
3-like last April, he is still the consensus #1 pick IF he declares
4-if he stays in school AND gets injured, he stands to lose a ton of money
5-he won't make the same decision and risk possible injury for a 2nd time because ..... (see #2)

The only possible way he decides to stay in school is;

1-he doesn't want to go to the team that has the #1 overall selection
2-personal goals, such as the Heisman or a possible chance at a National Championship

With a degree in hand, do you really think he'll risk millions of dollars for either of the above reasons?

If Vegas takes bets on it, I'm betting "NO".

Actually Luck has another year of Elig. For what ever reason.

This happening would not be surprising considering Miami's fortunes. Few years ago when we picked second it was considered a weak draft with no absolute at QB, even though Rodgers slipped way down in round one. Then when Miami picked first couple of years ago it was considered a weak draft where there were no absolutes at QB, even though Ryan has proven to be good. So watch Miami have the first pick and Luck says the heck with the NFL and stays in school.

That doesn't mean he can see Miami staring at him if we were able to actually not screw **** up like normal and get the first pick and then decide he doesn't want to play for us. Honestly, would YOU want to play for a franchise that is owned by a guy that cannot make a decision to save his life? I mean he chases Harbaugh and then retains Sparano. He allows the hiring of a Mangini era coach in Daboll and he is more concerned with his bottom line than the state of his franchise. If I were Luck, I would say "hell no" to Miami until Ireland and Sparano are gone and we get a real coach in place.

We're Dolphin fans, I don't plan on us getting Luck anyway. We'll get ****ed over somehow and have the third or fourth pick. Either way we get a Franchise QB, whether it be Luck (please god) or Barkley/Jones/RG3. The new regime will have a new QB to work with. That alone makes me happy.

Draft Barkley, Jones, or Griffith (if we somehow manage to win some games). I don't give a ****, just draft a first round QB. That being said, he's coming out.
All three, who like Andrew Luck, are Juniors that can return to college in 2012.

All three, who like Andrew Luck, are Juniors that can return to college in 2012.
Yep, that is totally realistic. What Luck did is a rarity. If he decides to stay for some ungodly reason (NC would be the only remotely possible one), then that just increases the amount the next in line could make, and therefore the likelihood of them coming out. Barkley would suddenly be the number one pick (or Jones, depending on your view).

I understand the devil's advocate, but let's be a little realistic.

I think he'll come out but his dad is a savvy lifetime football man and I can just as easily foresee him pulling an Archie Manning if he falls to us since he'd be much better off in Indy with Polian and Peyton.

Back
Top Bottom