And it begins! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And it begins!

If you draft a QB with your top pick and have a young QB like Rosen on the roster there will be no competition. The only time you let your top pick sit a year is if you have an incumbent starter on the roster you look to replace but want the new kid to pick up a few things or you have an aging vet on the roster. If you draft a QB with the #1 pick you better be sure about it because if you send him into a QB competition and loses out you just declared that you wasted a #1 pick before the season even started.

If we pick a QB with the a top 5 pick that would be the end of Rosen here no matter what. That is exactly why Rosen and Kingsburry agreed to split in Arizona. Kingsburry offered Rosen a "competition" but Rosen told him no because it would not be a fair competition. Even if Rosen would have been better he would never gotten the starting gig because that would mean the Cards had erred on their pick for Murray.

There are only two ways about it. Either Rosen shows enough that the coaching staff says "OK. Let's build around him and give him a year with some talent" or they decide that Rosen would not be it and they draft a QB and either trade or cut Rosen.

Well he better get a light clipboard to hold because we are drafting a QB in the top 5. Very likely first overall.

Their problems were defense that had nothing to do with them. They were at their mercy. Did either of those QBs ever have a bad offense? Ever?
You asked the stupid question, I just have you the answer. One player is not going to lead anyone to anything. Tua or not, you better have a line in front and talent around him.

Rosen does not at the moment, but made some nice throws anyways. That's what others watched.

He is not going to do it, nor does he want to. And he will be a starter somewhere else. The only backup job he might take is behind Brady. He'd be the apparent heir to Brady then.

Well he is under contract, so we can get a nice pick for him or he can compete.

You asked the stupid question, I just have you the answer. One player is not going to lead anyone to anything. Tua or not, you better have a line in front and talent around him.

Rosen does not at the moment, but made some nice throws anyways. That's what others watched.
Some nice throws equated to 6 points and a 65 QB rating.

Manipulate, excuse, do whatever with that how you wish. I spent all offseason fending off the onslaught of anger by posters by the mere suggestion that we were going to tank and what do you know? It's almost like I know my team. I won't be wrong about Rosen either, much to the chagrin of all the cheerleaders on this forum that cling to the hope of Rosen being the one like abused wives cling to their husbands hoping that they will change.

I didn't say he was bad. I'm just here to argue against the notion that he was anything more than just "okay" and certainly didn't prove that he's the answer going forward. That's it.

Well he is under contract, so we can get a nice pick for him or he can compete.
Being under contract doesn't stop our FO to trade someone who does not want to be here anymore. Trade value will be low. We'd be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th round pick. An outright release would be financially stupid anyways. We'd be on the hook for $4Mill dead cap money. But they won't force him to compete.

Draft QBs with every pick. Sign QBs with all our cap money. Surely we'll find one.

I think we're kind of all on the same page here. If Rosen somehow manages to do exceptionally well, proves that he can be the guy, and the guys coming out suddenly look a little risky, then Rosen stays. Isn't that great if so? We can use all those picks on talent around him. If he doesn't show enough, though, or if the FO is locked on Tua or one of the others because they are convinced they've got their franchise guy, then Rosen is gone, either through trade or cuts. I wouldn't want my third year guy who has never shown anything to be the backup mentor to my new star. I'd rather keep Fitz for that.

But, But, But how would the coaches know who is best without our well reasoned and focused input????

Off topic, but are those basenjis in your avatar pic? My family used to raise them. Interesting dogs.

Either way this is a wonderful scenario. Rosen played fairly well in his first start with us and we’re still in primo draft position.

Flores knows he’s not going to have many more “free years” forward. Coaches tend to live and die with their quarterback. Tua seems too hard to pass up but we’ll see how Rosen performs.

Hard to see a scenario where Rosen and Tua coexist on the team. Especially if Josh improves as the season goes on. We clearly will pull the trigger on a trade if the price is high enough.
Why do you pull the trigger if you have an ascending player, especially with this supporting cast? Tua has played exactly 0 snaps at the pro level. To trade Rosen away before you know what you have in Tua would be foolish.

It's a simple scenario really, if we have the #1 pick we have to take Tua (if he declares of course). In that scenario Rosen didn't play well enough to win us enough games. The questions arise really if we end up somewhere not #1, do we trade up for Tua ? We have the capital to do that, getting more than 3 wins or so with the talent on this team would be a remarkable achievement for Josh really and with all the holes to fill trading up could kill are rebuild if the price is too much.
What do you mean in that scenario Rosen didn't play well enough to win us games? Last time I checked there were 52 other players on the team, Rosen doesn't play every position. Have you checked out our roster? How can you possibly pin wins and losses on Roen's shoulders, especially when the defense is giving up a thousand points a game? I don't care if it were Marino was out there, with this team, he'd be lucky to win a game or two. Playing with this team is not a fair assessment of one's ability to play the game and to say it's Rosen's fault if we don't win is just plain ridiculous. Rosen AND the offense would have had to of scored 60, 44, and 32 pts respectively to win the first three games, behind this OL, no running game, and all the dropped passes there isn't a chance in hell that would happen with any QB.

Back
Top Bottom