And it begins! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And it begins!

You need to just stop posting. You don’t know anything about football. Football is a team sport. Wins are on a team. No QB could make Miami a winner. On our offense right now, none of the players that are round Rosen could start on any other NFL team. Miami is clearly the worst team in the NFL. They are even worse than what the Cardinals were last year.

If being knowledgable on football was a prerequisite to posting we would lose well over half our posters.

Count em, 9 drops/catchable balls (prob a few more than that, debatable), 3 sacks, 2 tips due to D line push. I don't care who's back there, if you can't protect him or catch the ball, he isn't going to win you games.

Me too! I looked at all of the QBs drsfted in the top 5 for the past 30 years...only 3 won SBs. There have been a TON of bust!

I feel like your trying to prove a point with an arbitrary fact. I could easily say I looked at all the QB's drafted in the top 10 in the last 30 years who were cut or traded during their rookie contract and only 0 have gone on to to lead their new team to a SB. Guess Rosen has no shot.

Listened to the 3 yards pod cast on my bus ride home last night, I know there's an agenda there, especially with Alf's ridiculous tweet on the Rosen trade but the guy's were very hard on Josh and didn't understand the reason for the plaudits he received. They made a big thing about him holding onto the ball too long and not throwing with anticipation. These guys are way more knowledgeable than I am on analysing QBs but I personally thought Rosen did a great job with very little to work with and not much help, I wish I had the time to watch it again and reassess. I want to better understand the difference between how as they put it Tua throws with anticipation and Rosen doesn't. What I've seen with Tua that's stood out is his accuracy that ball placement is why his wideouts have generated the YAC they have.

Listened to the 3 yards pod cast on my bus ride home last night, I know there's an agenda there, especially with Alf's ridiculous tweet on the Rosen trade but the guy's were very hard on Josh and didn't understand the reason for the plaudits he received. They made a big thing about him holding onto the ball too long and not throwing with anticipation. These guys are way more knowledgeable than I am on analysing QBs but I personally thought Rosen did a great job with very little to work with and not much help, I wish I had the time to watch it again and reassess. I want to better understand the difference between how as they put it Tua throws with anticipation and Rosen doesn't. What I've seen with Tua that's stood out is his accuracy that ball placement is why his wideouts have generated the YAC they have.

They are doing mental gymnastics on that podcast. They always hated the Rosen pick and will go to every length to justify that dislike. Like many others here.

Yes.

I had Basenjis for pets for 35 years. I actually put my first one, a little tri-color, through obedience training. She finished 3rd, behind a Sheltie and a Golden. Not too bad for the most difficult to train domesticated dog in the world.

What I really enjoyed was open field lore coursing. The racing club was the Miami Valley Gazehound club, located in Dayton, Ohio. My Basenji was only 14 inches high and 16 inches long, but she blew the big old Afghans off the course. Her name was Bagel. In the end, the two fastest dogs on the course were a Whippet named "Willy", and Bagel the Basenji. The whippet was a little faster but Bagel cheated and cut corners to ambush the target. Since you were associated with Basenjis, you know how smart and devious they can be. She made a lot of friends among the people we coursed with and improved their attitude about the breed.

Thanks for bringing this question to me. It has evoked a lot of great memories. The way the Dolphins are playing, well, let's just say this was a welcome diversion.

Oh, man, clever dogs, almost cat-like personalities in some ways, and when they get loose, boy, do they run.

Loved the fact that they yodeled, too. We had one that always sang along with "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White."

Oh, man, clever dogs, almost cat-like personalities in some ways, and when they get loose, boy, do they run.

Loved the fact that they yodeled, too. We had one that always sang along with "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White."

I point out to people that Basenjis can bark, but most of them just don't feel like it-ever. This turns out to be a fair generalization about their outlook on life.

I've been following the DNA research being done on canines and it has been fascinating. About every 6 or 7 years more detailed information comes up changing everything we had known. There is still some confusion, but apparently it has been determined that the Basenji is the oldest of the domesticated dogs.

It's closest relative is the Shanxi Xigou or as it is sometimes called, the Chinese Saluki. Another close relative is the East Siberian Laika (Laika means "dogs that bark"). The Basenjis metabolism is closer to a wolfs' then any other dog. Wolves and dogs are about the same age and both came from a now extinct breed of wolf.

The oldest canine species is the Cape Hunting Dog. All modern canines came from what is now the South Eastern United States. That was a real surprise for me. These include the jackals and foxes and coyotes and dholes. South America has a lot of unique canines like the bush dog and the manned wolf, which are neither dogs or wolves.

Domesticated dogs appear to have emanated from Central Asia.

As for Basenjis, there is a group called BRAT (Basenji Rescue And Transport) that has a web page featuring stories called the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (GBU). You would enjoy reading them. I recommend reading them in reverse order (Ugly, then Bad, then Good). Otherwise you might give up on the breed, especially after the story where the Basenji was loose in the house for the day and had burrowed through a wall and the lathe and was working on the siding when the owner got home. Later that day the owner took the Basenji with her while she picked up a paycheck, she left the dog in her car for 5 minutes. When she got back all the upholstery was torn up and the steering wheel was chewed in half. I can't really do these stories justice here. You will feel better about the Dolphins season this year after you read about the damage these little 20 pound dogs can do and the affection they can engender while "having it their way".

Yeah he definitely stopped the Cardinals from getting the 1st overall pick and drafting his replacement. We have no run game, we can't stop the run, we can't stop the pass, our offense through 3 games is the worse than when we went 1-15 but other than that I'm sure Rosen can overcome those minor issues.

3-13 was bad enough for the 1st pick. this year 2-14 might not. there are lots of really bad teams this season

With this OL I don't see Rosen making to the bye. I'd love to see him or any other Miami QB succeed, but he is not getting a fair shake this year. Draft Tua next year and let the two battle it out.

Back
Top Bottom